Blowout Cards Forums
Black Friday 2014

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2010, 04:24 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default question about BOWMANLORD99

I sent a check July 16, it cleared July 20, and I have still not received my cards after several PM's back and forth. Does anyone have any idea on this person?
quobbinnobbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 09:45 PM   #2 (permalink)

I have received one bad report on him from another collector, any others? Any help is appreciated, thanks.
Old 08-23-2010, 09:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

Hes online ask him through PM
saintsfan67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 10:34 PM   #4 (permalink)

I've done two deals with Bowmanlord and had no problems and quick shipping. I'd just talk to him through PM and see whats up, never had a problem with him on here.

Bucket (under construction) http://s869.photobucket.com/albums/ab252/golfinglegend/
golfinglegend67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 12:21 AM   #5 (permalink)

I've been PM'ing him for over 2 weeks, I kept getting "just stuck them in the mail" or "sticking them in the mail tomorrow" type replies, then last week I got "death in the family, just mailed them" but I've still got nothing, that's why I was asking
Old 08-24-2010, 12:36 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by quobbinnobbin View Post
I've been PM'ing him for over 2 weeks, I kept getting "just stuck them in the mail" or "sticking them in the mail tomorrow" type replies, then last week I got "death in the family, just mailed them" but I've still got nothing, that's why I was asking
That's weird...I got a PM from him yesterday I believe asking me if I was interested in some cards, I hope you get your stuff man.

Bucket (under construction) http://s869.photobucket.com/albums/ab252/golfinglegend/
golfinglegend67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 12:51 AM   #7 (permalink)

I bought some cards off of him a few weeks ago. I did receive my cards but it took a few weeks Thats after I paid on Sunday and he said they would ship on Monday! If I knew it was going to take a few weeks I porb. would have passed up buying the cards. I can live with 2 weeks to get the cards, If I know ahead of time. I guess what I'm saying is don't tell me you will ship the next day and then wait 6-8 days to ship! Hope the info helps
roaddog1107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 01:22 PM   #8 (permalink)

I did receive today. Just wanted to be fair and post that.
Old 08-26-2010, 03:26 PM   #9 (permalink)

i had 2 flawless deals with him/her
Old 11-09-2010, 01:11 PM   #10 (permalink)
Banned

we told him it takes 2 business weeks 10 days before a check clears the bank to make sure its legit, I am not sending out cards on a $30 deal and then the bank tells me the check was no good, then a death in the family happened, things out of my control.
BOWMANLORD99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 03:16 PM   #11 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

SInce Check 21 went into effect a Check should clear your account in 2-3 business days MAX
jlzinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 05:51 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOWMANLORD99 View Post
we told him it takes 2 business weeks 10 days before a check clears the bank to make sure its legit, I am not sending out cards on a $30 deal and then the bank tells me the check was no good, then a death in the family happened, things out of my control.
it really sucks if you really did have a death in the family but do you know how often people get that story? But the thing is why did you keep telling him you were sending instead of just telling him you were waiting for the check to clear?
dthimesch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 11:41 AM   #13 (permalink)
Banned

i told him that ahead of time if he sent me a check, he probably would not have the cards for a month from time he sent them, but being a newbie he does not listen you can tell by his posts and how he knows nothing about cards how the guy is. he was impatient because he was filling out his set. But during time i was waiting for it to clear i had to go out of time for death in the family which i told him about, i told him only twice the will be sent soon, but i didnt think i was going to be out of town for over a week because of this situation. Point made he got his cards, move on.
Old 11-15-2010, 11:42 AM   #14 (permalink)
Banned

then why do everytime I go to the bank, they tell me 10 business days if that is true...tell me why then.jzlnick...but this was done back in late june july
Old 11-15-2010, 11:55 AM   #15 (permalink)

Sorry about your loss.

Checks usually clear my account in like 24 hours. Some places that take checks...I.e. Walmart....run your checks as credit transactions and they clear almost immediately
NEED: 2010/11 SP AUTHENTIC Steve Alford Letter Autos A,O,R
g8rzfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 12:00 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOWMANLORD99 View Post
then why do everytime I go to the bank, they tell me 10 business days if that is true...tell me why then.jzlnick...but this was done back in late june july
Hmmmmm. Why don't you ask THEM?? I deposit a check in my bank and the funds are there within 3 days. Don't let facts get in the way.
jlzinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 12:18 PM   #17 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to avjp87

send those orange refractors out yet?
Old 11-15-2010, 03:17 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlzinck View Post
I deposit a check in my bank and the funds are there within 3 days. Don't let facts get in the way.
True, but it can take 7-10 days before the bank notifies you that the check bounced.

I had a money order take 9 days to bounce (turned out to be fake), but the funds were available the next day. Basically the way it is set up, you can deposit a check or money order for $100, it will credit within 3 days, you spend the $100, and then when it bounces several days later, not only does the bank take that $100 back out of your account, they also bill you a bounced item fee (It's either $19 or $26 at my bank now - they recently raised those fees).

Needless to say I don't accept checks or money orders, and that's a big reason as to why.
MasterOfTheDark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 04:03 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfTheDark View Post
True, but it can take 7-10 days before the bank notifies you that the check bounced.

I had a money order take 9 days to bounce (turned out to be fake), but the funds were available the next day. Basically the way it is set up, you can deposit a check or money order for $100, it will credit within 3 days, you spend the $100, and then when it bounces several days later, not only does the bank take that $100 back out of your account, they also bill you a bounced item fee (It's either $19 or $26 at my bank now - they recently raised those fees).

Needless to say I don't accept checks or money orders, and that's a big reason as to why.
Yeah, if someone pays by check/MO I def wait a week or so to make sure it isnt fraudulent.
Old 11-15-2010, 07:05 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlzinck View Post
SInce Check 21 went into effect a Check should clear your account in 2-3 business days MAX
This is correct. I take checks at my small business, intrabank checks clear within 1-2 days, other banks' checks clear in 3 days at the very most.
Old 11-15-2010, 07:55 PM   #21 (permalink)

It should be 3 days to clear and ten days after to make sure that it does not bounce or turn out to be fake then. If this deal was done in late July at most that would mean 3rd week in September for the whole clearing process and thats if they still use the pony express. Add the death in the family ( my condolences to you and yours) so one more week max IMO and you still have a month and a half void there. he did get the cards but man thats a while to wait. At least he fulfilled his obligations though. Just my two cents.
bboi30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 02:34 PM   #22 (permalink)
Banned

i told him to use paypal, i hate having to do it most people who send me money in the mail at least send cash, then i can send it out right away. I wasnt talking about check clearing but to be out $30 in a sale because the check or money order was no good, man...
Old 11-19-2010, 02:35 PM   #23 (permalink)
Banned

10 business days to see if it bounces was bottom line.