Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2010, 07:28 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoCubsWS View Post
No one cares about feedback from other sites. This is not other sites. Until you get good enough feedback on here, no one will care.
Really? I assumed that most members use multiple trading forums and Ebay. If I were to trade with an new member somewhere and they could point me to other references and 100% feedback, I know that would mean something to me.

If you read the quote you sampled in your own post you'll see my issue is not with me taking responsibility for overlooked PMs, but rather the existence of this thread itself. Apparently sincere apologies don't matter anymore.
Old 09-07-2010, 07:32 PM   #27 (permalink)

I'm pretty sure people care about feedback from other sites, especially if you recognize someone from another site. A lot of people have been trying out one or the other and just because your feedback is low doesn't mean you necessarily have to think twice about trading with them.
Old 09-07-2010, 07:34 PM   #28 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to avjp87

what a cluster **** this is.
Old 09-07-2010, 07:45 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by avjp87 View Post
my thoughts exactly
Old 09-07-2010, 07:52 PM   #30 (permalink)

Not to perpetuate this but rodgers12 I never heard from you, please stop throwing stones!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodgers12
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreysc1
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Do you have any interest in this?

Yeah, I don't have any of his ttt base cards, I found a few at a show last weekend and the guy grabbed them from me and said they didn't belong on the table they were for one of his good customers.

Hit me with a price, I'd like to buy it.
Would you do this and the Kolb Sweet Spot for $35?
I'll let you know in the morning if that's cool. I'm expecting some money to come in tomorrow, as long as it does, I'll take both for $35. By all means though, if someone else puts out an offer for the Kolb, take it. I'll still grab the Rodgers by itself if need be.
Thats cool, I'll check with you tomorrow. Thanks
Sounds good! I spent a bit more than I planned on today - you ever bid on stuff on the bay and figure " ah I'll get outbid at this price, but if it ends, I'll be happy to have it for so cheap"...yeah, I had 8 auctions end all today like that lol. Nice to get stuff at a good deal, but it's still a nice chunk of change when all is said and done. Oy.
Old 09-07-2010, 10:10 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by avjp87 View Post
I agree with this. I can't believe all you guys coming down on one person. I have had people not PM me back, big f**king deal. If you think your cards are great, it shouldn't be hard to move on to the next person. People do have lives outside this board... believe it or not.

And that is BS if you think that your feedback elsewhere doesn't mean anything. I take pride in my feedback from ebay and here and I would hope that someone would see that I am a good trader everywhere. I use the same user name on all the websites I am registered to, so it is pretty easy to see my feedback anywhere...

Last edited by freethrowtommy; 09-07-2010 at 10:14 PM.
Old 09-07-2010, 11:30 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by freethrowtommy View Post
I agree with this. I can't believe all you guys coming down on one person. I have had people not PM me back, big f**king deal. If you think your cards are great, it shouldn't be hard to move on to the next person. People do have lives outside this board... believe it or not.

And that is BS if you think that your feedback elsewhere doesn't mean anything. I take pride in my feedback from ebay and here and I would hope that someone would see that I am a good trader everywhere. I use the same user name on all the websites I am registered to, so it is pretty easy to see my feedback anywhere...
I'm not trying to beat a dead horse but if your post has something to do with me and you can't understand why I made my post then you need to take a course in reading comprehension. You're whole "people have lives" comment isn't even close to relevant if you read my posts.

As for you thinking feedback from other sites matters on here it doesn't to me and lots of others around here. If I never dealt with you and people who's opinion I respect on here haven't either then you telling me you have 55 perfect transactions on FCB means nothing to me if you have zero on here. This friggin thread proves that it shouldn't matter as this person might have stellar feedback on SCF but he obviously f'd up on here more than once. Does it mean he'll do it again, maybe maybe not but that's why there is this section on the board to alert other to be careful. Feedback from here doesn't transfer to SCF ( I know because I tried to transfer mine because of the send first rule) and other sites feedback doesn't transfer here. You can choose to run your dealings your own way and if you go by feedback on other sites that's your business. Do you think you're the only person who takes pride in their feedback ? Check mine. I'm not out to screw anybody up on here without just cause but if someone wants to play games with me they probably won't like how I play. I don't believe in fool me twice because it only takes once for me to know better.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
Old 09-07-2010, 11:50 PM   #33 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to ChicagoCubsWS

Quote:
As for you thinking feedback from other sites matters on here it doesn't to me and lots of others around here. If I never dealt with you and people who's opinion I respect on here haven't either then you telling me you have 55 perfect transactions on FCB means nothing to me if you have zero on here. This friggin thread proves that it shouldn't matter as this person might have stellar feedback on SCF but he obviously f'd up on here more than once. Does it mean he'll do it again, maybe maybe not but that's why there is this section on the board to alert other to be careful. Feedback from here doesn't transfer to SCF ( I know because I tried to transfer mine because of the send first rule) and other sites feedback doesn't transfer here. You can choose to run your dealings your own way and if you go by feedback on other sites that's your business. Do you think you're the only person who takes pride in their feedback ? Check mine. I'm not out to screw anybody up on here without just cause but if someone wants to play games with me they probably won't like how I play. I don't believe in fool me twice because it only takes once for me to know better.
Exactly my point, thanks BAMx2.
Old 09-08-2010, 01:26 AM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMBAM View Post
I'm not trying to beat a dead horse...
Yes, you are.

Quote:
This friggin thread proves that it shouldn't matter as this person might have stellar feedback on SCF but he obviously f'd up on here more than once. I'm not out to screw anybody up on here without just cause...
Seriously, All I did was ask if you would be interested in breaking up a lot of cards you posted for sale. You PM'd yes and I didn't respond. My bad, for not responding... I apologized like 5 times now! = END OF STORY. Oh, except for the fact that you started this thread bashing me for it.

Saying that I "f'd up" you are still completely implying that I tried to run a scam on you or that I stole your cards/money or something. It's ludacris and simply not true! At worst, I maybe wasted a minute or 2 of your time that it took you to send me the PM. What about all the time I'm wasting, digging my name out of the mud?! The fact that this thread is still going and that you continue to claim that I am a bad trader and 'someone not to deal with' is unbelievable.

Edit: If you can't see in my posts that I tried to take the high road, apologize to you for missing your PM and rationally defend my name on this forum, then I don't know what else I could possibly do.

Last edited by TheHelmutt; 09-08-2010 at 02:15 AM. Reason: clarity
Old 09-08-2010, 01:41 AM   #35 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
I agree with this. I can't believe all you guys coming down on one person. I have had people not PM me back, big f**king deal.
I agree with this, but this is not the issue at hand. He had a deal worked out with him and he backed out is what I gather. That doesn't fly in my book.

Look, I understand some people would rather ignore you than say no, but to say something then go on the oh well I never saw it. Give me a break man, everytime you are on this site a pm notice pops up. Outside of the emails you get.
Old 09-08-2010, 01:46 AM   #36 (permalink)

maybe blowout needs a mediator team?

I think maybe it's time to forgive and let this go? Helmutt has apologized numerous times and it hasn't really been acknowledged. At the same time, I think Helmutt has learned from this experience and will do better in trying to communicate to sellers either more clearly or as timely as he can.

This is a great resource guys. Let's try to make the most of it and try to move on from this.
Old 09-08-2010, 07:46 AM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
I'm not trying to beat a dead horse but if your post has something to do with me and you can't understand why I made my post then you need to take a course in reading comprehension. You're whole "people have lives" comment isn't even close to relevant if you read my posts.

Yeah, but you don't make a thread to bash the guy because he didn't PM you back or send payment. Maybe you make a mental note of it to not deal with him again, but the threads should be saved for people who screwed you over... ie, didn't send cards in a trade or payment or backed out after the payment was sent. This kind of childish BS of throwing someone over the coals for a deal that never really happened is grade school. He might have said "yes I will take it" but until you get the paypal, the deal isn't done... you have done enough deals to know that by now.

Helmutt might have made a mistake, but this is definitely not the right way to go about handling it.
Old 09-08-2010, 08:40 AM   #38 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to ChicagoCubsWS

Quote:
Yeah, but you don't make a thread to bash the guy because he didn't PM you back or send payment. Maybe you make a mental note of it to not deal with him again, but the threads should be saved for people who screwed you over... ie, didn't send cards in a trade or payment or backed out after the payment was sent. This kind of childish BS of throwing someone over the coals for a deal that never really happened is grade school. He might have said "yes I will take it" but until you get the paypal, the deal isn't done... you have done enough deals to know that by now.

Helmutt might have made a mistake, but this is definitely not the right way to go about handling it.
Actually when you send paypal info to someone, or they say "ill take it", that is agreeing on a deal. When someone does that, you put the card aside for them and wait...thats $$$ wasting right there if theyre not going to pay.

This is technically backing out of a deal, so yes, you do make a thread.
Old 09-08-2010, 10:41 AM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoCubsWS View Post
Actually when you send paypal info to someone, or they say "ill take it", that is agreeing on a deal.
It's the "I'll take it" step that NEVER happened. That's the only reason I feel completely wronged by this thread! Unless you're buying cards with prices listed, most trades have 3 steps of 1) is that available? 2) Yes, or No. 3) I'll take it, or pass.

If we agreed to a deal I would have paid. Gladly.
Why doubt that based on my 100% positive feedback on here? (and every other trading outlet)

Last edited by TheHelmutt; 09-08-2010 at 11:07 AM.
Old 09-08-2010, 12:01 PM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHelmutt View Post
It's the "I'll take it" step that NEVER happened. That's the only reason I feel wronged by this thread. Unless you're buying cards with prices listed, most trades have 3 steps of 1) is that available? 2) Yes, or No. 3) I'll take it, or pass.

If I had agreed to a deal I would have paid. Why doubt that based on my perfect feedback on here and other trading outlets?

The reason this thread won't die is because you two keep posting nonsense. I'm going to say this and I'm done with this thread.

Tommy your post makes absolutely no sense and it's obvious you have no idea WTH you are talking about. You calling me childish is a joke and only proves you can't comprehend what you read based on the part of the reply YOU gave that I highlighted.

Are these not your words ? "This thread should be saved for people who screw you over...ie doesn't send cards or payment" What part of that did you miss in my post ? If someone sends you an offer that you accept and then doesn't "send payment" or reply to say no thanks that is the definition of screwing you over to me and anyone else with a shred of common sense. The thing that pissed me off more was to say you're not on here enough to reply when you were on every day trying to make deals in other threads. That was total BS. Again, if you personally don't have a problem with that then good for you as I really don't care. I had more than enough reason for this thread, that's part of what this section is for.

Why doubt it based on your perfect feedback Helmutt ? If you send someone an offer and they accept it then that is a deal. No two ways about it. Its like sending a best offer on fleabay and having it accepted. If you don't send payment afterward you are backing out on a deal. To put it in your terms Helmutt, the "I'll take it" step happened when you sent me the offer and I took it. Period. If you make an offer then obviously you need the OP to say I'll take it, not you, the one who sends the offer. The fact that you tried to make me look bad by saying you're never around to reply and suggested I was impatient only made it worse. Next time you make someone an offer and they accept you have a deal unless you PM them and tell them you don't want to go through with it. It would also behoove you no to be on here day after day trying to make other deals afterward and then tell the OP you're never around much to reply to PMs. This should go for everyone and not just you.

I can't believe I needed to explain this more than once. Yes, Helmutt you apologized and that is fine but the nonsense put up by the two of you afterward is what keeps this thread going. It was over with for me after I made the thread, I didn't bump it after days went by but I won't sit back and let one guy play the victim while some nobody who wasn't involved posts nonsense as well.
This is only friggin sports cards, I wouldn't call anyone a "victim" but if someone got screwed it was the guy who didn't get paid and then got fed a bunch of BS as well. It's really not that hard to comprehend especially when you basically post the same point and have it quoted.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
Old 09-08-2010, 12:43 PM   #41 (permalink)

ATTENTION EVERYONE:
I have been PMing BAMBAM and it appears clear that we agree to disagree.
I have apologized over and over for not returning his PM, which is what his original post was about, wasting his time. He has not apologized about making this thread, but I understand because of his stance. I feel I haven't backed out of any deals, but he feels we had a deal finalized. Hopefully this isolated issue can be put to bed.

If you read my posts you'll see that I have apologized for not responding to him and have since tried to do everything I can to "right" the situation and simply clear my name and reputation.

Hopefully this thread rides off into the sunset, but regardless this will for sure be my last post. I respectfully ask that no more posts be made as the original issue was between he and I. To any nay-sayers, please understand that BAMBAM and I agreed on this 'final statement' before posting.

Thanks.
Closed Thread