Blowout Cards Forums
Retail Rummage

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2010, 07:28 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Ebay help please

I sold a Chad Henne spa patch auto on ebay on the 22nd. It was then shipped out late on the 24th and the first status update was recieved on the 25th. There is not been a status update since then and now the seller is blaming me for this. Here are the messages that have gone back and forth between us. Please give me advise because i have not dealt with a situation like this before and don't know what to do. Here are the messages between us, read from bottom to top

Dear mscenterprise1,

How does that not mean that is has been sent? I dropped it off
at the post office and there was clearly a status update in
Jamaica, NY which is on the way to where you live. I have insured
the package, so it shouldn't be too big of a deal for me to get
you your money back. However, i have no control of the item
after it leaves my hands and it seems like you are accusing me of
not sending the item when it is the post office's misdoings. Can
we please just sort this out in a calmer fashion rather than jump
to conclusions?

- berkowitz1965

To: berkowitz1965
Subject: Re: mscenterprise1 has sent a question about item #260651869160, that ended on Aug-21-10 09:31:31 PDT - 2008 SP Authentic Chad Henne Patch Auto RC. 3 CLR!!!!
Sent Date: Aug-31-10 10:10:30 PDT

Dear berkowitz1965,

OK, ITS TUESDAY AND NO CARD, I EXPECT A REFUND BY TONIGHT, I WILL BE CONTACTING EBAY DISPUTES IF i DO NOT HEAR FROM YOU, I CALLED THE POST OFFICE AND PROVIDED THE TRACK NUMBER, JUST BECAUSE THE PACKAGE WAS POSTED @ A SELF USE TERMINAL DOESNT MEAN IT HAS BEEN SENT, IT IS NOT IN THE MAIL SYSTEM. I WOULD APPRECIATE IF WE COULD JUST CANCEL THE TRANSACTION AND MOVE FORWARD.
THANK YOU

- mscenterprise1

To: mscenterprise1
Subject: Re: mscenterprise1 has sent a question about item #260651869160, that ended on Aug-21-10 09:31:31 PDT - 2008 SP Authentic Chad Henne Patch Auto RC. 3 CLR!!!!
Sent Date: Aug-27-10 17:21:49 PDT

Dear mscenterprise1,

the tracking number is posted next to the item in the my ebay
page. I just checked it today and it says that it's in Jamaica, NY.
The last status update was 2 days ago, so it probably got stuck
in the back of the post office (nobody saw it). If there is no
status update by monday, i will call and see what the deal is. If
worst comes to worse, it is fully insured, but i'm almost positive
that you'll get your number. If you have trouble finding the
tracking number, i can just send it to you. Thanks, Joe

- berkowitz1965

To: berkowitz1965
Subject: mscenterprise1 has sent a question about item #260651869160, that ended on Aug-21-10 09:31:31 PDT - 2008 SP Authentic Chad Henne Patch Auto RC. 3 CLR!!!!
Sent Date: Aug-27-10 17:11:34 PDT

Dear berkowitz1965,

Hello,
Can you send me the tracking number, I have not received this yet
thank you

- mscenterprise1
Old 08-31-2010, 08:13 PM   #2 (permalink)

the PO takes their sweet time in scanning these DC's and some don't even do it at all. It's not completely uncommon for a status to not update for a day or two. Give it a few more days i am sure it will show up. Do not refund his money until you figure out the status of the card. Call the PO if you have to. These things do happen and if the seller receives his card and still has his panties in a bunch tell him to send it back.
APFREEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 08:34 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by APFREEK View Post
the PO takes their sweet time in scanning these DC's and some don't even do it at all. It's not completely uncommon for a status to not update for a day or two. Give it a few more days i am sure it will show up. Do not refund his money until you figure out the status of the card. Call the PO if you have to. These things do happen and if the seller receives his card and still has his panties in a bunch tell him to send it back.
Yea, i wasn't planning on refunding his money until i at least call the post office. It's been 6 days since the last status update, so hopefully there'll be one tomorrow or something.
Old 08-31-2010, 09:45 PM   #4 (permalink)

I had a package misrouted to the North Pole that took three weeks to show up to a buyer Respectfully ask him to chill out.

For the time being I can only commit to getting to the post office on Saturdays, so it may take me longer to ship.
enjoyale81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 09:51 PM   #5 (permalink)

even if he opens a dispute you'll have a week to get the status to update before he can close the case against you, so I would go ahead and call the post office and take advantage of the system time. I would also block him from future ebay purchases from you after this is all over because of his bad attitude.
mmbtvs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 10:06 PM   #6 (permalink)

Just recently had this happen twice. One for a lot of Strasburg Chrome (was insured $100.00) and one for a David Freese Blue Refractor (not insured $8.00). Either A) it is lost or B) it got delivered, but not scanned (good thing it is insured). Either way you will have to refund and deal with the PO. Dealing with the PO is a PIA and very lengthy, but you get the money if it is lost, plus a refund of seller fees from ebay and the postage cost. This will be all on you to deal with the PO.

Edit: I should add I let him open a case to take advantage of those days. I made sure to refund before day 7 though.

Last edited by gergs1134; 08-31-2010 at 10:41 PM.
gergs1134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 12:45 AM   #7 (permalink)

Tell the buyer to be patient. If u sent it first class,it usually takes 3-5 days,but it doesn't guarantee 3-5. I'm pretty sure he is just impatient.
SelfDestruct808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 07:08 PM   #8 (permalink)
Banned

Oh this buyer is a pleasant one to deal with, if it were me I would call the USPS where it says it was last scanned and ask them what is going on and give them the tracking number if you have not already done that to see if they can track it down. Insured items I always send priority mail to be safe, but stuff happens. Good luck!!!
Razorsharp79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 07:30 PM   #9 (permalink)
Inactive Account

DO NOT REFUND THE MONEY!! I had this happen just last week. I told the guy to be patient and he said no he would open up a claim. I went ahead and refunded the money to him as he said he would pay me if the card ever arrived. Well it arrived and now he wont answer emails. A real AHOLE.
TSJCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 07:55 PM   #10 (permalink)

Sometimes they are slow on updating. Also I had a card I mailed and the status showed it was at a sorting facility for over a week. I went to the post office I mailed it at and they checked on it for me. They called the them and got it moving and updated.
Lockdown32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 11:50 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSJCT View Post
DO NOT REFUND THE MONEY!! I had this happen just last week. I told the guy to be patient and he said no he would open up a claim. I went ahead and refunded the money to him as he said he would pay me if the card ever arrived. Well it arrived and now he wont answer emails. A real AHOLE.
If it continues to sit in limbo, he will have to refund at some point (whether that be on his own or through a dispute). According to Paypal, if the item showed up after refunding the money, I would have had to petition Paypal for the funds, not the buyer. They pretty much guaranteed me that they would obtain the funds from the buyer if I refunded. The two packages that I mentioned still say out for delivery/status not updated, 2-3 months later.
gergs1134 is offline   Reply With Quote