Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2010, 02:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
Banned

Default Request for cards

I do not know what it is but lately I have had a problem selling and trading on here. The problem has been communication on the other end. A lot of request have been made for cards. If it is something that I have, I take the time to pull the card/cards and contact the person making the request. I post on the forum board and send a pm. Most of the time I do not even get a reply back. Then if I do get a reply back, it seems that the other end just basically wants me to give the cards away. I know that everyone is looking for a deal. Look for your cards on ebay first, for the best prices. If you are unable to find the card on ebay then you should expect to pay a little more for it, being that it is hard to find or does not go up for sell much. I think my prices are fair along with my trade offers. Offers from the other end have mostly been a waste of time. I have not been a member here long, but does this problem seem to be getting worse?
WCTYSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 02:40 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Understandable...

It's just the way it is nowadays here and probably elsewhere. You'll probably figure out after a while that there's a small group of guys you can deal with and generally stick to that group. That's how I feel lately.

I shouldn't think like this but you'll do better with veteran posters here. There are, no doubt, good newbie traders but they'll take time to get to know. I was burnt on a trade from a newbie and it makes me gun-shy toward other newbies. Sorry nice new people.

It also is a very bad economy for collectors and prices are very subjective. Book prices aren't very realistic.

IMHO,
VinnyH
Guitars, fishing, and trading cards, safer than a lot of other habits. If I post a pic of a player, I took it. I may not be the oldest member here but I paid $8. an auto and shook Joe DiMaggio's hand at the Armenian Church in NYC once.
VinnyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 02:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

Communication is the key..I will from here on out only deal with people I know. It has gotten worse in the past couple of months dealing with new guys or kids on here.
saintsfan67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 08:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

I have had this happen with new and old members. It happens more often with the new ones though. If communication breaks down between a member after a certain time span I just move on. If I send a pm or post a message on the board at the very least get back to me. I have had a lot of good buyers, sellers and traders but not lately.
Old 09-03-2010, 09:40 PM   #5 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsfan67 View Post
Communication is the key..I will from here on out only deal with people I know. It has gotten worse in the past couple of months dealing with new guys or kids on here.
If 50% of the "traders" here were like saintsfan67 there would be SO many more trades. He's one of the best.

My complaint is someone is looking for something. I find it and scan it and tell them what I am looking for and I get CMB.

Total and utter laziness
jlzinck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 10:11 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

CMB?..........
Old 09-03-2010, 11:06 PM   #7 (permalink)

wow preach it, man. I hear ya
Old 09-03-2010, 11:17 PM   #8 (permalink)

I hear ya. It's frustrating if you never hear anything back when you're trying to help them out.

Just a general pet peeve of mine
mightbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 11:25 PM   #9 (permalink)
Banned

I have all of my cards organized too, and paid good money to do so. When someone post a need and I pull the cards, I have an extra box where the cards sit in limbo until the deal is done or I find time to place them back.
Old 09-04-2010, 10:31 AM   #10 (permalink)

hey man, sorry to hear about the flaws do you have a photobucket? Im looking to buy at prices right at ebay if i see something i like. lmk thanks, Mike
Old 09-04-2010, 11:41 AM   #11 (permalink)

I know how this goes on the buyer's end though too. Some of us have a system that we want to stick with, and when we say we are looking for something, your lot just might not be what we are looking for. I know I have asked on about 5 occasions about lots, and every time I have found what I was looking for. I know what I want, and I am not going to overpay for it, because I know another member will be able to help me out. I do respond to every PM I get, so I think that might be a difference. I just want the sellers out there to know, that sometimes we just can't take what you want off your hands for the price you quote.

Check me out on Sport Lots.
http://www.sportlots.com/inven/invenbin/dealerpage.tpl?dealer=mkeil250
fungi2510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 08:54 PM   #12 (permalink)
Banned

Nobody is asking you to over pay for anything. My sells are fair prices and my trades are just that. A trade is a way for both sides to get what they want. It is not a barder where one side benefits and the other side loses.
Old 09-04-2010, 09:41 PM   #13 (permalink)
Inactive Account

Unless its someone i know in here thats looking for something in particular i DONT EVEN BOTHER looking anymore. I got tired of spending time to find the card, Scan it, and Price it fairly (BELOW EBAY PRICES) and Never hearing back from the person or them sending a Pm that they want to pay a price which is usually a JOKE. Anyway just deal with the ones you know and the ones with a track record and you will sell more cards and make more trads.
TSJCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 10:14 PM   #14 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSJCT View Post
Unless its someone i know in here thats looking for something in particular i DONT EVEN BOTHER looking anymore. I got tired of spending time to find the card, Scan it, and Price it fairly (BELOW EBAY PRICES) and Never hearing back from the person or them sending a Pm that they want to pay a price which is usually a JOKE. Anyway just deal with the ones you know and the ones with a track record and you will sell more cards and make more trads.
A big AMEN brother
saintsfan67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 10:57 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCTYSON View Post
Nobody is asking you to over pay for anything. My sells are fair prices and my trades are just that. A trade is a way for both sides to get what they want. It is not a barder where one side benefits and the other side loses.
That is exactly what I am trying to get at. I am working to make sure I get what I need, and I will give the person what they need. I just hate it when people get upset about an offer. I ended up getting a wonderful lot of cards for a price I felt comfortable with and so did the seller. Will I end up making a large profit? Yes, because I am going to put the leg work into it. Could he have made the same? Yes, but he is happy bc he got rid of them for a price he could handle, has that cash now, and does not have to worry about them. Those are the deals I am looking for.

I do not want to offend people, well not too many at least, but I have a system and it works for me. If it works for you also, then we can deal. If not, then we go our separate ways and find other partners to make the deal with.

Old 09-05-2010, 02:33 PM   #16 (permalink)
Banned

You not taking what I have to offer does not offend me. When I have a complaint about trades or sells it may or may not apply to you. If I am going to call out one member I would let it be known who it is. I just had a general complaint, but if the shoe fits wear it.
Old 09-05-2010, 03:11 PM   #17 (permalink)

I felt the same way at first on here, but there are some great people on here.
You'll find lazy traders on any site. Was going to say the hell with these forums,
and then Saintsfan posted a friendly message to me. In other words, don't let a
few bad apples spoil the bunch. I'm glad I stayed. Have only made a couple trades
so far, but they were good trades.

Currently hoarding mountains of cards that I should be trading.
lemur01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 11:38 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCTYSON View Post
You not taking what I have to offer does not offend me. When I have a complaint about trades or sells it may or may not apply to you. If I am going to call out one member I would let it be known who it is. I just had a general complaint, but if the shoe fits wear it.
Hey man, we already talked. I just wanted to get the other point of view out there. It is a two way street.

Old 09-07-2010, 10:15 PM   #19 (permalink)
Banned

Then I have noticed that some sellers post cards for sell, then they never bother to answer their own post or pm. If they do not want to sell the cards or trade them, why post them? Am I missing something? As a buyer I pay right way, as a seller I have good communication and ship right away, and as a trader I am fair and both sides are happy. If you are selling/buying/trading what more could you ask for?
Old 09-07-2010, 11:03 PM   #20 (permalink)

Since sellers are required to post a price in sell threads maybe buyers should post a price range they are looking to buy at when they post they are specifically looking for something ? If your serious about buying and willing to pay a fair price it shouldn't matter that much. The last few times I replied to someone that started a thread saying they were looking to buy something never made the purchase even though they acknowledged my price was below current fleabay ending prices. Maybe they found it cheaper because people are hurting these days but maybe they just wanted something for nothing as well. If buy prices were posted people wouldn't waste their time replying to those wanting something for nothing. Seems like there are lots of tire kickers these days. It's not always new members but they are more plentiful then the older guys. Could be that they wear out their welcome on one board so they come here until they do the same and move on to another.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 03:37 AM   #21 (permalink)

I've only been on here for a few months so I technically consider myself a newbie, I've done the best I can do to ensure that I create positive bridges when trading/selling & just communicating. It does bother me when I see fellow newbs do everything that has been described....I do my best to leave a "constructive" comment but they never seem to work.

All I can do is ensure that you have a newb making an honest attempt at being a positive member to the community and can assure you that I am not the only one....

DONT GIVE UP ON THE NEWBS!
NFL: Green Bay Packers
pico04 is offline   Reply With Quote