Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2010, 06:34 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Rant

So I don't do as many deals on here as others but I like to think I am a good standing member of the website. I am not into collecting for the money. I like to collect my team and help out people where I can and sell a few things here and there in case I see something I need. So here is the rant part. I list a few low money cards for sale. A member on here sends me a message wanting 3 of the cards for sale. I respond and tell him his total and give my paypal address. No response for a couple days. I send a follow up email saying that obviously he is not interested and thanks for a response to tell me so. He then tells me he needed to raise some paypal. (why tell someone you want their stuff if you don't have the money right then?) I wait another day and he messages saying he now has paypal. Give him my address again and guess what? No payment. Over 24 hours passes and he is online posting. I guess I just don't get it or am I over-reacting by being PO'd about this? Not like I am starving or anything by not getting this mere 12.50, I just don't like being jerked around.
mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 06:52 PM   #2 (permalink)

Personally, if I make a deal with someone I either tell them when I am able to pay immediately, or I pay within the hour. But I guess that's how my parents raised me. Maybe the member you are talking about came from a broken home and his behavior towards you is really just a cry for help. Maybe a simple pm of mommy loves you would help set him straight.

Or maybe they are just a knob.
mmbtvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 07:05 PM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

Before I joind this site, I lurked aroud others and BO. I chose this one due to it being the best from what I saw.Right off the bat peekaboo and cking made me feel welcome. I did not have paypal so I went the route of postal MO's and everybody that I dealt with put up with waiting and never complained..I started meeting all kinds of nice people on here and it turned into pms with "hows it going". And Members started looking out for cards for me. Avjp,Broncosfan1,cking,pjnnsdad,chanson10,leebal24,zacman02,aandbcards,bmw08,sethmurphy,doverdominators,peekaboo Off the top of my head have
gone out of their way to help me. As I have done for them. None of us have ever asked for anything in return.
And you my friend have done the same and gone beyond the boundries of trying to help with my PC.
What I like to call the big guns like ronlabo,TSJCT, Zoeman.etc... Have allways helped out. BTW thanks for the BUSH ron...Can't wait to see it. But this site has gotten just as bad as the others. I know the MODS have a life of their own, But I think the Bann hammer needs to swing harder and for longer periods of time..So as it can get back to what it once was..Sorry for the long read and Mufassa (Nick) don't give up on this site.I have your back as will alot of others............
saintsfan67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 07:09 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsfan67 View Post
Before I joind this site, I lurked aroud others and BO. I chose this one due to it being the best from what I saw.Right off the bat peekaboo and cking made me feel welcome. I did not have paypal so I went the route of postal MO's and everybody that I dealt with put up with waiting and never complained..I started meeting all kinds of nice people on here and it turned into pms with "hows it going". And Members started looking out for cards for me. Avjp,Broncosfan1,cking,pjnnsdad,chanson10,leebal24,zacman02,aandbcards,bmw08,sethmurphy,doverdominators,peekaboo Off the top of my head have
gone out of their way to help me. As I have done for them. None of us have ever asked for anything in return.
And you my friend have done the same and gone beyond the boundries of trying to help with my PC.
What I like to call the big guns like ronlabo,TSJCT, Zoeman.etc... Have allways helped out. BTW thanks for the BUSH ron...Can't wait to see it. But this site has gotten just as bad as the others. I know the MODS have a life of their own, But I think the Bann hammer needs to swing harder and for longer periods of time..So as it can get back to what it once was..Sorry for the long read and Mufassa (Nick) don't give up on this site.I have your back as will alot of others............
Hey, we've made plenty of deals too . If you need any Saints from Score, I probably have multiples of all the base, plus 5 glossy or so
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
mnvikingstwins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 07:13 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnvikingstwins View Post
Hey, we've made plenty of deals too . If you need any Saints from Score, I probably have multiples of all the base, plus 5 glossy or so
Sorry I was just going off the topp of my head..Yes we have.All good ones too. You also have made big strides since I got here. But this is not my thread its Nicks and we need to pull behind him..
saintsfan67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 09:05 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

Just wanted to add my little rant too. I have dealt with member with good trader rating. We agreed on a price on National treasures auto patch card and part of the deal was that I wait for Friday for him to pay which was fine with me. Friday came and no payment. Try to get in touch with buyer, he responds once asking what the price was. Then never hear back from him after numerous private messages. Will not deal with that member again.
ebaycatdogoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 09:36 PM   #7 (permalink)

Same thing with me ebaycatdogoo. This memeber has good itrader feedback as well but obviously is not a man/woman of their word. Which as far as I am concerned, they could have the best itrader out there, if you are not a person of your word than I will never deal with you.

Thanks Kevin for posting the kind words. I guess just like life you have to take the good with the bad. I have met great people. I should focus my energy on that instead of this doucher.
mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 10:40 PM   #8 (permalink)

I've found that it is never a good idea to hold cards for anyone you haven't dealt with. Even if you agree on a price, the card is on the open market until it is payed for. Never agree to the terms: I get payed in a few days, need to raise some paypal, this other guy owes me money, my mom has to put some money in my paypal, I've got some money coming. You just leave yourself open to bad deals. If someone asks you to hold a card, just tell them that the first buyer that pays, gets it. If you do agree to hold a card, or wait extra time for payment, it's your own fault if the deal falls through, you agreed to play that game. It's different if you've traded with someone before and have developed an understanding of each other.
Check out my photobucket by clicking on my homepage in the drop down list under my username. Looking for any Twins cards I don't have, and Mickey Mantle refractors that I don't have. I will trade for bait, on occasion. 2011 Topps Chrome auto set completed!!
stumpfreeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 02:24 AM   #9 (permalink)
Inactive Account

Like Saintsfan67 Said "Dont give up". You will find your network of people in here that you will buy/sell/trade with and then you dont have to worry about the ones that pull the crap your talking about. My advise is if you dont know the person very well and he has not paid within a few hrs or so i would put it back up for sale and consider the deal off. When i make a deal i pay within 5 minutes and all the Repeat people that buy from me do the exact same thing. Anyway good luck and lets all have a GREAT WEEK.
TSJCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 06:58 PM   #10 (permalink)

That sounds like Boston473.