Blowout Cards Forums
Francisco Lindor

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2016, 02:14 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default My first bad experience on eBay with a username

User: behimous

I buy all sorts of stuff on eBay and for the first time I've had to file a claim for item not received. This item I bought just happened to be a Disney shirt. I know it's not baseball cards, but people on here buy other stuff than just baseball cards, so I figured I'd throw the name out there.

I bought a Disney shirt from this user on December 26, and it showed expected delivery date was Jan. 7. Didn't see tracking, so I sent a PM on Dec. 31 asking for tracking and any info on when my item might ship since I was going to be out of town for a few days and would need to hold my mail.

Didn't get an answer. Figuring they were out for the holidays, I sent another just before I went to bed Jan. 3 (about 12:30 a.m. Jan. 4). Again didn't get an answer. Sent one final one on on the night of Jan. 6, the day before the item was "supposed" to arrive to eBay. No answer. Finally, today I had to open an item not received case.

Got a refund just a bit ago and a message saying my item fell through the cracks and they didn't see it had been sold. Not quite sure how that can happen (although it does) when you only have 100 transactions in nearly a year. He did offer to send me one out if I still wanted it. I told him no thanks since there was zero communication with the other.

Anyway, I am about to leave my first-ever non-positive (in this case a neutral) for this guy for wasting my time and zero communication.

I only ship to USA, and I don't offer free shipping
crazy4kinsler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 02:57 PM   #2 (permalink)

No communication = Negative.. same as on BO!

TaToRz
Currently Looking For 1990 Pro Set Hockey Paul Gillis #37 on Front and Shawn Burr No Text on Back errors as well as The No Stripe on Front cards.
Also looking for CLUB PRO SET cards and binders.
TaToRz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 03:16 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaToRz View Post

TaToRz
Neutral and neg are the same thing on Ebay and soon they will mean nothing to a seller.
shrevecity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 03:27 PM   #4 (permalink)

The only reason I was going to leave neutral and not negative is because they gave me a refund. Had I lost out on money AND items, then I'd have left a negative.

Quote:

TaToRz

Old 01-08-2016, 03:52 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrevecity View Post
Neutral and neg are the same thing on Ebay and soon they will mean nothing to a seller.
How so? I am a seller and i work under the assumption that getting negatives will kill my top rated discount and eventually get be removed from eBay...? How is this going to change?

TaToRz
Currently Looking For 1990 Pro Set Hockey Paul Gillis #37 on Front and Shawn Burr No Text on Back errors as well as The No Stripe on Front cards.
Old 01-08-2016, 03:54 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
I rarely leave negatives.. but when i do, i prefer dos equis.. no wait.. lol

No communication is a negative! how is this not wasting your time and using your money as a "loan" (even is that was not their intention, you couldn't use it, right? so LOAN!)..

but we see things differently i guess.. and that is ok..

TaToRz
Old 01-08-2016, 04:41 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
I rarely leave negatives.. but when i do, i prefer dos equis.. no wait.. lol

No communication is a negative! how is this not wasting your time and using your money as a "loan" (even is that was not their intention, you couldn't use it, right? so LOAN!)..

but we see things differently i guess.. and that is ok..

TaToRz
As I have said in the past I never buy anything I have to have if its not here in 3 weeks I open a claim no matter what tracking says and just let it go. Items do fall through the cracks. I don't consider that wasting my time or anything, I know I will get my money back so not worried.

Only time I neg are cases like where I had a seller send me the wrong item and expected me to not only pay to return the wrong item, but pay shipping again to send me the correct item and he would not send the correct item until the wrong item was back in his hand.
Old 01-08-2016, 04:44 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
How so? I am a seller and i work under the assumption that getting negatives will kill my top rated discount and eventually get be removed from eBay...? How is this going to change?

TaToRz
Starting in a few weeks, the defect policy as we know it is going away, its going to more internal stuff that we may or may not know about or even be able to control and the TRS discount is becoming more and more of a fools carrot. You will have to change to 30 day returns and I think have to ship same business day. Shipping time is going to become the big focus for Ebay standard now.

As it stands right now a neg and neutral both count as defects so does having a case opened or a 3 or less on described DSR. You can only get one defect per transaction so the case being opened is enough.
Old 01-08-2016, 05:01 PM   #9 (permalink)

I waited 2 weeks, and the only reason I didn't wait any longer was the lack of communication. They hadn't responded to any PMs.

Quote:
As I have said in the past I never buy anything I have to have if its not here in 3 weeks I open a claim no matter what tracking says and just let it go. Items do fall through the cracks. I don't consider that wasting my time or anything, I know I will get my money back so not worried.

Only time I neg are cases like where I had a seller send me the wrong item and expected me to not only pay to return the wrong item, but pay shipping again to send me the correct item and he would not send the correct item until the wrong item was back in his hand.