Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2016, 10:50 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Need some eBay advice

Ok, so here's the situation.

I'm not going to use any names cause this seller is a member here.
I made a purchase on dec. 27th, the seller noted that he only ships twice a week which was fine because I was heading out of town for a few days anyway...
While away I finally get a shipping notification that the package was sent on Jan. 5th(9 days since Purchase), since then this package has not been scanned again by the usps.
At what point should I think about reporting this to eBay and request refund?

I have already contacted the buyer and he did respond, apologized for the delay and of course blamed everything on the holidays and not having "enough supplies" but how much more time should I really give this guy and do I give him a neg or neutral?
hhliving1101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 12:17 AM   #2 (permalink)

Was it scanned in at the post office? If so, then it is in their hands and out of the sellers. If it just updated the tracking and has not been scanned in by the post office I would ask the seller for details. You can always ding shipping time. If you get the card a neg might be too much.
ryanvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 12:33 AM   #3 (permalink)

You have 30 days to file a claim. I do not recall though the "earliest date" at which you can file a claim. I think if it is too early? You will simply not be able to start the claim process.

eBay Money Back Guarantee | Questions | eBay

Click on and look at the bottom of the page in the provided link. Read the "What timelines should I be aware of" blurb.
Old 01-10-2016, 10:04 AM   #4 (permalink)

You have plenty of time to file the claim. 9 days is a long time to wait but at least you did get communication from the seller. As far as waiting now the seller has no control in how long usps is going to take. He shipped on the 5th and it lies in USPS hands now. If you are going to ding him for shipping maybe the 9 days to ship but no way you can fault him from actual ship date till you receive the card

I have had cards scanned when shipped and no other scans till delivery. Full tracking is BS bc half the time they don't scan it. All that matters really is the last scan stating that the package was delivered
Old 01-10-2016, 11:45 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjustinfarrell View Post
You have 30 days to file a claim. I do not recall though the "earliest date" at which you can file a claim. I think if it is too early? You will simply not be able to start the claim process.

eBay Money Back Guarantee | Questions | eBay

Click on and look at the bottom of the page in the provided link. Read the "What timelines should I be aware of" blurb.
Its 30 days from the estimated delivery date, you have 180 days through Paypal. In some cases the system will allow the claim process to be started immediately after payment is made, its not suppoused to until 1 day after the estimated date, but it does glitch from time to time. Paypal allows a claim immediately..
shrevecity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 01:21 PM   #6 (permalink)

First and foremost 9 days is absolutely unacceptable. Warranting at minimum dinging DSR Ratings. Myself personally could not imagine even waiting 2-3 days as I ship same or next day on everything. Now as Anthony asked above is the Tracking showing (Shipping info sent to USPS or Seller has notified USPS to expect your package for shipping)? Now if its been scanned at a USPS location be it a PO or Sort then its out of his hands. USPS at times can take a week or more.

Kevin

Be at Peace little one. Never forget, Leoneez
KevJo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 02:22 PM   #7 (permalink)

Shipping DSR = No stars or 1 star

As stated, if the post office got it, then just wait a bit more. If the post office hasn't gotten it, then the seller hasn't shipped.

Good luck!

Robert
Currently Looking For 1990 Pro Set Hockey Paul Gillis #37 on Front and Shawn Burr No Text on Back errors as well as The No Stripe on Front cards.
Also looking for CLUB PRO SET cards and binders.
TaToRz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 05:35 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaToRz View Post
Shipping DSR = No stars or 1 star

As stated, if the post office got it, then just wait a bit more. If the post office hasn't gotten it, then the seller hasn't shipped.

Good luck!

Robert

Giving no stars is the same as giving 5 stars, well actually it figures like a wlk does in Baseball. It does not hurt or help in anyway, but soon the DSR system will really have no effect on sellers just like feedback has little now. The main thing sellers will have to focus on soon is getting the item to the PO on time and its description.

As far as the rest even if it never shows accepted does not meant the PO does not have it. my PO refuses to do scans at the PO so its often the next day when they hit the processing center before they get the scan. I have had many packages only get a delivery scan.

In the end it does not really matter if the PO has it or not the seller is still responsible for the item being delivered.

Last edited by shrevecity; 01-10-2016 at 05:37 PM.
Old 01-10-2016, 05:51 PM   #9 (permalink)

Thank you for the responses, it did in fact just showed up at my Hub.....
I will be leaving a pos, with the dsr rating a little lower than normal but I was very impressed that he did contact me same day, and actually apologized which most sellers won't even do.

Thanks again
hhliving1101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 09:07 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhliving1101 View Post
I will be leaving a pos, with the dsr rating a little lower than normal but I was very impressed that he did contact me same day, and actually apologized which most sellers won't even do.

Thanks again
sounds fair! glad it worked out for you..

TaToRz
Currently Looking For 1990 Pro Set Hockey Paul Gillis #37 on Front and Shawn Burr No Text on Back errors as well as The No Stripe on Front cards.
Old 01-11-2016, 01:45 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhliving1101 View Post

Thanks again
The fact he took 9 days to ship would kill any excitement I had over his same day response. Way I see it, why should a buyer even have to contact a seller about shipment? Print the label, an ship within a day or two. Seems a lot easier for all parties.
Old 01-11-2016, 07:12 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserdaddy7 View Post
The fact he took 9 days to ship would kill any excitement I had over his same day response. Way I see it, why should a buyer even have to contact a seller about shipment? Print the label, an ship within a day or two. Seems a lot easier for all parties.
That is your opinion. Mine is as long as the item has arrived in 3 weeks I don't care when it ships. If it has not arrived in 3 weeks I open a claim regardless of what the tracking says.
Old 01-11-2016, 05:02 PM   #13 (permalink)

Last week I had issues with 3 packages I had sent out during the Christmas break. I didn't realize it until 3 BO members contacted me in regards to them. All 3 tracking numbers were good...but the only info @ the usps website was that "a shipping/package label was created" but nothing on them receiving it. The strange part was that I sold some cards during the new years and those got to the members w/out a problem. I checked the tracking numbers one last time and finally they were updated and the packages were delivered. It did make me look bad, since the update made it seem as if I just dropped off the packages last week and not 2 weeks ago as I honestly did.

Point of the story is...Sometimes it's not the sellers fault. I've never had issues with USPS, but no one is perfect.
Old 01-11-2016, 05:10 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by socal805 View Post
Last week I had issues with 3 packages I had sent out during the Christmas break. I didn't realize it until 3 BO members contacted me in regards to them. All 3 tracking numbers were good...but the only info @ the usps website was that "a shipping/package label was created" but nothing on them receiving it. The strange part was that I sold some cards during the new years and those got to the members w/out a problem. I checked the tracking numbers one last time and finally they were updated and the packages were delivered. It did make me look bad, since the update made it seem as if I just dropped off the packages last week and not 2 weeks ago as I honestly did.

Point of the story is...Sometimes it's not the sellers fault. I've never had issues with USPS, but no one is perfect.
this is the way i ship:

you pay, i instantly print the label and have ebay/paypal send you an email. I package the stuff, go put it in the mail box and message you the package is in the mailbox and will leave either later that day or the next day.. and i add the tracking number in the message to make sure they have a copy.

Now.. if a buyer is concerned about shipping times, they can check the scans.. no scans.. message me.. I call my post office and sort it out..

now why can't everyone just do that...?

TaToRz
Old 01-11-2016, 05:15 PM   #15 (permalink)

Nine days is a bit long but not near enough to warrant a neg in my opinion, at least not by itself. Were he to not respond, send a damaged item, send an incorrect item or anything added with slow shipping that would change things but anything arriving within two weeks of purchase usually doesn't peg my give a fark meter, especially around the holidays when people are busy and the PO is swamped. JMO.
Old 01-11-2016, 06:10 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrevecity View Post
That is your opinion. Mine is as long as the item has arrived in 3 weeks I don't care when it ships. If it has not arrived in 3 weeks I open a claim regardless of what the tracking says.
3 weeks is a long time. I'm not saying Id leave a negative after 9 days or even 3 weeks, but that's just too long.