Blowout Cards Forums
Metro Sports Cards

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > MISC BUY/SELL/TRADE

MISC BUY/SELL/TRADE Post your Miscellaneous Buy/Sell/Trade needs here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2012, 10:46 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Huge collection, 70s 80s 90s!

Hey all! I came across a fellow sound engineer in Nashville who has a well taken care of card collection just collecting dust (on the boxes only) and he'd like to unload it. I went over to his house this morning to take a first hand look at what he has.

I'll say from the start, a big part of this collection is the mid 80's to mid 90's garbage. You know, all those cards and sets that we were supposed to be able to retire on? :lol: However, he does have some pretty cool stuff, like Stadium Club Photo Proofs, a boxed Upper Deck Hologram set, completed Topps and Upper Deck sets.... and yeah, I know... ho-hum, let's move on. Some of it's cool stuff but doesn't hold too much value. Then there's the other part of the collection, now I can't say to anyone, GET EXCITED!!!, here's the hidden gem!.. or anything like that. The 40min I was able to spend looking at just a fraction of it all, I didn't come across anything that made my jaw drop or my heart beat out of my chest. But I also can't say, there's not anything in there that wouldn't. I simply don't know.

What I do know is that he does have boxes of 70's football and baseball and a little basketball. I don't know very much about the "vintage" stuff but most of it's in really good condition. No rubber bands were used in the storage of these cards! Even after taking a peak at it, I'm not sure what he's sitting on, nor does he. He was hoping I'd have a little insite. The best I could judge and based on the shear size of it, maybe he's looking at $800-$1200 as a bulk dropoff...I don't know.

I'm just wondering if there'd be any interest by anyone on this site.
Old 04-17-2012, 10:58 PM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to slufan83 Send a message via MSN to slufan83 Send a message via Yahoo to slufan83

I love taking my chance on stuff like this lol. I think he asking price is high considering 80s and 90s cards are worth pennies each and you have nothing specifically mentioned of any value. Maybe try craigslist, as this would def require a local pickup only.
slufan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 11:46 PM   #3 (permalink)

ask if he would like to break up the lot. From the looks of it there might be a bunch of cards id be interested in buying
ToppsCollector1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 12:11 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToppsCollector1 View Post
ask if he would like to break up the lot. From the looks of it there might be a bunch of cards id be interested in buying
What specifically would you be looking for?
Old 04-18-2012, 01:27 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gforce083 View Post
What specifically would you be looking for?
Some unopened 80s topps packs from baseball and football. And also various cards from sets of those years as well.
ToppsCollector1 is offline   Reply With Quote