Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > MMA - Mixed Martial Arts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2010, 02:01 PM   #26 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to fm8418

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBlaze View Post

This is easily the most stacked UFC card ever. It's so awesome that I get to watch every PPV for free.
That's so awesome can we all be your friend
fm8418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 03:16 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdizz View Post
It should have been stopped Brock took like 40 straight to the head and he really wasn't doing anything but laying on the mat. I think it's safe to say the ref was told not to stop that fight unless he was knocked out. Brocks face looked like Rocky Balboa after his first fight with Apollo after the first round.
And I think it was the right decision, nobody wants to see premature stoppage. Either you have to knock the guy out or continue fighting.

All those 40 baby shots were not enough for KO punch.

I know fighters who can punch you once in that position and you're out no matter who you are and how strong your chin is.
S.U.I.Z.I.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 03:18 PM   #28 (permalink)

When is the estimated start time of the fight, Central time? Might want to watch just that one on a stream
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
mnvikingstwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 05:53 PM   #29 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.U.I.Z.I.D. View Post
And I think it was the right decision, nobody wants to see premature stoppage. Either you have to knock the guy out or continue fighting.

I know fighters who can punch you once in that position and you're out no matter who you are and how strong your chin is.
How many fights are stopped sooner than that though, a lot. What does that tell me, not to bet against Lesnar because Dana White knows he is carrying the UFC on his back right now. If he loses it hurts who else is going sell tickets, Penn has lost two times and do not ever see him beating Edgar. Silva is not someone you can count on, GSP never fights anymore, and his next fight is no challenge against Koscheck and will not bring much hype if any, what a joke. Rua is not going to generate any major hype to sell PPV.

So if Lesnar loses the rematch may draw some hype, but it is not worth the risk to take Cain in this fight even though I think he can win. I am betting big on Lesnar because if you follow the money the odds are really stacked in his favor
Razorsharp79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 07:16 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mma138 View Post
alot of them shots never got through. people are just jealous of his success.
Alot of them shots as you say looked like they got through to me and to Brock's face. Guess something else besides them shots made his face like that..
Old 10-23-2010, 07:21 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:

Damn I hope no one ever hits me with those so called baby shots, cause it sure looked like they were doing some damage to Brock's face. It's not premature stoppage when a fighter is not intelligently defending himself, do you watch mma? You can have a stoppage for strikes when the fighter isn't knocked out. A main event like that isn't getting stopped that easily though, so it's no surprise it wasn't.
Old 10-23-2010, 07:32 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorsharp79 View Post
How many fights are stopped sooner than that though, a lot. What does that tell me, not to bet against Lesnar because Dana White knows he is carrying the UFC on his back right now. If he loses it hurts who else is going sell tickets, Penn has lost two times and do not ever see him beating Edgar. Silva is not someone you can count on, GSP never fights anymore, and his next fight is no challenge against Koscheck and will not bring much hype if any, what a joke. Rua is not going to generate any major hype to sell PPV.

So if Lesnar loses the rematch may draw some hype, but it is not worth the risk to take Cain in this fight even though I think he can win. I am betting big on Lesnar because if you follow the money the odds are really stacked in his favor
As I can see that argument is if there's no Lesnar in UFC then UFC is in trouble?

Spoken like a true WWE fan.

MMA fan, however, is very much interested in any MMA fight that is on the card.

Lesnar is a joke (as mma fighter, 1 % of skill imo), people want to see his ass knocked out so people would say "HA HA!" and point a finger at him like a little girl.

UFC is very popular around the globe because of Silva, GSP, Rua and other fighters.

Nobody gives a crap about Lesnar outside of U.S. UFC market. Nobody knows that guy.

UFC make money globally not just in U.S. so dude, you should do some research before making idiotic statements that other fighters do no "generate" PPVs.
Old 10-23-2010, 07:36 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdizz View Post
Damn I hope no one ever hits me with those so called baby shots, cause it sure looked like they were doing some damage to Brock's face. It's not premature stoppage when a fighter is not intelligently defending himself, do you watch mma? You can have a stoppage for strikes when the fighter isn't knocked out. A main event like that isn't getting stopped that easily though, so it's no surprise it wasn't.
Punches were doing damage but he wasn't out or anything. He didn't roll his eyes, he took the punishment. Stop making excuses for Carwin. If the guy wanted to win he would deliver 2 punches and lights out.

When Lesnar delivered 13-14 shots to Mir (the same situation) Frank was OUT!!! So, it's not like the fight was over becuse he (mir) didn't defend himself intelligently. He was out. Plain and simple.
Old 10-23-2010, 08:50 PM   #34 (permalink)

I'm not making excuses for Carwin I don't even like him. If he wanted to win?? You think he stepped in there saying I hope I win, your joking right?? Carwin gave everything he had, and he gasses himself out, end of story. And A fighter doesn't have to be rolling his eyes or be knocked out for a fight to be stopped, come on now. The point is if that wasn't a Brock main event fight it would have been called. Did you watch TUF when Roy Nelson got Kimbo in the crucifix (or whatever you want to call it) and was hitting him with "baby" punches? Kimbo couldn't defend himself, thus the fight was stopped. No eyes rolling in the back of anyone's head and nobody was knocked out. Nelson was giving him baby taps over and over and Kimbo could do nothing to stop him. Typically a fighter can't defend himself the fight is stopped no matter how hard the punches are. On that note I think Cain wins this fight.
Old 10-23-2010, 08:51 PM   #35 (permalink)

When will the Brock/Cain fight probably start?
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
mnvikingstwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 09:32 PM   #36 (permalink)

I don't understand why everyone thinks Brock is a horrible MMA fighter. He did beat Mir , Carwin and Coutre. He is a great wrestler. I think a lot of people can't get past his WWE days. No matter who wins, this should be an exciting fight.
Sidenote: Just like boxing people are drawn to the heavyweights. This makes Lesnar a big draw. GSP, Penn and Silva are better fighters for sure, but fans like to see the big boys fight.
jenmatt092007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 09:43 PM   #37 (permalink)

Ok, there's no point to argue now. Let's wait until the match is over and then we'll discuss how great your Lesnar is.

He is a very good wrestler but you have to be a MMA fighter (like FEDOR for example) if you want to survive in this business.

I'll see in you all in 3-4 hours.
Old 10-23-2010, 11:06 PM   #38 (permalink)

I dislike Lesner but he owned up and beat Carwin....

Carwin gave everything he had and Brock made him tap....plain and simple!

I believe Carwin would beat Cain so therefor Brock beat Carwin and will beat Cain!
NFL: Brock Osweiler ~ Teddy Bridgewater ~ Green Bay Packers
pico04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 12:23 AM   #39 (permalink)

Cain wins in the 1st. Just dominated.
Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 12:24 AM   #40 (permalink)

Oh baby,someone just got paid

i tooooooooooooold you!
gman71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 12:25 AM   #41 (permalink)

gman u bet on this???
armyatc22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 12:25 AM   #42 (permalink)
Inactive Account

Thats was an ASS KICKING
TSJCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 12:26 AM   #43 (permalink)

I'm at a bar and they are cheering crazy!!! Glad I placed that bet!
Peanuts 1 (1953)
Peanuts: 1-4 (1963-64)
Zerokruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 12:28 AM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by armyatc22 View Post
gman u bet on this???
Yes sir. Had Cain @+140 for nothing more than I liked the payout
gman71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 12:29 AM   #45 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
As I can see that argument is if there's no Lesnar in UFC then UFC is in trouble?

Spoken like a true WWE fan.

MMA fan, however, is very much interested in any MMA fight that is on the card.

Lesnar is a joke (as mma fighter, 1 % of skill imo), people want to see his ass knocked out so people would say "HA HA!" and point a finger at him like a little girl.

UFC is very popular around the globe because of Silva, GSP, Rua and other fighters.

Nobody gives a crap about Lesnar outside of U.S. UFC market. Nobody knows that guy.

UFC make money globally not just in U.S. so dude, you should do some research before making idiotic statements that other fighters do no "generate" PPVs.
Who is going to generate PPVs, Silva, yeah maybe but how many fights has he got left, and like GSP it depends on who he is fighting, Penn is done as a major draw unless he fights GSP or someone else of note, Tito is terrible and should retire, Liddell past his prime, Rua is a great fighter but I will not buy a PPV to see him fight, but will watch for free on the internet, Cain, who is he going to fight next, great ass whooping on Lesnar, but will he sell as many PPVS? I think the answer is no. Jake Shields looked terrible, maybe the cut hurt him who knows, but I expected more.
Gman, nice bet, I have to learn to go against what I think is right. Lesnar has a rematch coming, but if he loses that I do not see him being a journey man MMA fighter and just fighting scrubs.

Never watched WWE by the way

Last edited by Razorsharp79; 10-24-2010 at 12:38 AM.
Razorsharp79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 12:29 AM   #46 (permalink)

WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-24-2010, 12:31 AM   #47 (permalink)
Banned

yeaaaaaaaaaaa CAIN ALL DAYY...... happy he won brown pride
JohnnyBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 12:35 AM   #48 (permalink)

Cain in the 3rd?? I gave Brock too much credit, I should have bet on this damn it!
Old 10-24-2010, 12:59 AM   #49 (permalink)

brock lesnar's face was pure red.. from blood.. what an abusing beatdown
Old 10-24-2010, 01:03 AM   #50 (permalink)

I gave Brock way to much credit. I think he needs to fire his boxing coach and start training with other fighters. He is surrounding himself with yes men. He needs people who are going to be brutally honest with him. I was really surprised that Lesnar did not improve his stand up. One would think after the Carwin fight he would improve that aspect of his game. Oh well, I am still a Lesnar fan. I don't ditch someone because of a set back or I would have stopped being a Cubs fan a long time ago. Hopefully this wakes Lesnar up to working on his stand up and training with other fighters. Cain put on whooping. Now Cain and Junior will be one heck of a slugfest.
jenmatt092007 is offline   Reply With Quote