Blowout Cards Forums
2014 holiday shipping promo

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > MMA - Mixed Martial Arts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2010, 08:05 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default UFC 121 Brock vs Cain

Okay I was just wondering who everyone thought was going to win and why. I am going to take Brock. Pros: Size, strength, athletic, and better wrestler. Cons: Stand up is weak, and BJJ is an unknown, but presumably weak.

Cain. Pros: Better stand up game, great cardio and better BJJ Con: Smaller, wrestling is weaker.

I know a lot people are thinking Cain will win if he can keep the fight standing, which I just don't see happening. Carwin could not knock out Lesnar, and Carwin has more power than Cain. Yes, Cain probably has better technique than Carwin. Also, Cain's BJJ is not as good as Mir and Mir was overwhelmed by Lesnar, perhaps Cain's wrestling background will help with that.
I just don't see Cain keeping the fight standing up. Also, we do not know how much Lesnar's stand up has improved since the Carwin fight. As much as some hate Lesnar, he is still a competitor and he knows his biggest weakness is his stand up. I am sure he worked hard on it. Also, Lesnar's hands are so big if he gets a grazing blow, he can do damage. We saw in the fight with Check Kongo that Carwin can be hit. I believe that Lesnar has more power than Kongo and if Lesnar connects, it will be lights out for Cain.
So my thinking Lesnar will win in the 2nd round with a TKO.
Cain's only chance is to stick and move. Either way I think it will be entertaining fight.
jenmatt092007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 08:46 PM   #2 (permalink)

Cain wins via TKO (strikes) round 1.
S.U.I.Z.I.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 08:52 PM   #3 (permalink)

cain 4th rd tko
mickdapug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 08:54 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

brock wins 3rd tko
migraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 10:26 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

Cain wins TKO easily if fight stays standing

Lesnar wins if fight goes to the ground and gets the mount or the back of Cain, but I do not underestimate Cain's ability to escape, a lot of unknowns could take place.

I think this fight could be quick and easy for Cain as he will come out aggresive and I do not think Lesnar will be able to keep up with the pace and will get caught.
Razorsharp79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 01:35 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenmatt092007 View Post
Okay I was just wondering who everyone thought was going to win and why. I am going to take Brock. Pros: Size, strength, athletic, and better wrestler. Cons: Stand up is weak, and BJJ is an unknown, but presumably weak.

Cain. Pros: Better stand up game, great cardio and better BJJ Con: Smaller, wrestling is weaker.

I know a lot people are thinking Cain will win if he can keep the fight standing, which I just don't see happening. Carwin could not knock out Lesnar, and Carwin has more power than Cain. Yes, Cain probably has better technique than Carwin. Also, Cain's BJJ is not as good as Mir and Mir was overwhelmed by Lesnar, perhaps Cain's wrestling background will help with that.
I just don't see Cain keeping the fight standing up. Also, we do not know how much Lesnar's stand up has improved since the Carwin fight. As much as some hate Lesnar, he is still a competitor and he knows his biggest weakness is his stand up. I am sure he worked hard on it. Also, Lesnar's hands are so big if he gets a grazing blow, he can do damage. We saw in the fight with Check Kongo that Carwin can be hit. I believe that Lesnar has more power than Kongo and if Lesnar connects, it will be lights out for Cain.
So my thinking Lesnar will win in the 2nd round with a TKO.
Cain's only chance is to stick and move. Either way I think it will be entertaining fight.

very good post. i say brock takes him down and then let the size take over...... he wins ground and pound

but bjj unknown ? did you see him choke out carwin ?
mma138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 01:36 AM   #7 (permalink)

but anyways this card looks amazing on paper..... lets see if it ends up being a monster ppv. i really hope tito puts on a good performance...... he really has to , or he needs to retire
Old 10-20-2010, 06:30 AM   #8 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to bigboysoffootball

Quote:
Originally Posted by mma138 View Post
very good post. i say brock takes him down and then let the size take over...... he wins ground and pound

but bjj unknown ? did you see him choke out carwin ?
Brock choked out Carwin after his body gave out on him from the Lactic Acidosis. Not saying he could not have done it just made it easier.

Fight could go either way but I'm taking Cain because I hate Brock.

R.I.P PAPAJIM
bigboysoffootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 02:01 PM   #9 (permalink)

I hate Brock but I seriously can't see Cain doing anything but landing a lucky shot on Brock. Aside from a punchers chance Brock is the better fighter.
louieb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 05:24 PM   #10 (permalink)

That choke Brock put on Carwin was taught to him for that fight. Brock said it was similar to a wrestling move so it was easy for him to learn. So I still think his BJJ is an unknown.
On a side note, I am a big Lesnar fan. I think everyone overlooks at the persona he puts on in the octagon. Outside of the octagon, he is a down to earth guy. Plus, I like that he still worries about his family and his farming. He grew up in a small town like me, and I relate to him a little bit. Wish I could wrestle like him. Still it will be a heck of a fight. I can't wait.
As for Tito, I hope he puts on a good fight. We need someone like Tito in the UFC, he sells tickets even though he is a cocky SOB. Honestly, I am torn. I like Hamill, too. The guy is deaf and is in the UFC. Anyway, I just hope for an all around good card.
Old 10-21-2010, 01:30 AM   #11 (permalink)

if Brock wants to take Cain to the ground, he will. i see Brock winning by brutal gnp by the 3rd. if Cain keeps it standing, he'll have a better shot. good luck though. Brock is a beast.

Tito needs to go away. i love his passion for the sport but he hasn't done anything relevant in years.

lastly, Jake Shields for the win!
Old 10-21-2010, 02:16 AM   #12 (permalink)

yeah i totally agree. what has he done lately ? beat shamrock ? thats not saying much
Old 10-21-2010, 04:04 AM   #13 (permalink)
Banned

Just giving it a long shot:

lesnar wins via decision

shields wins via KO

ortiz just sucks d!ck

schaub destroys gonzaga

sanchez decision over thiago

This is easily the most stacked UFC card ever. It's so awesome that I get to watch every PPV for free.

Last edited by JohnnyBlaze; 10-21-2010 at 04:07 AM.
JohnnyBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 08:39 AM   #14 (permalink)

Brock by rear naked choke in round 2.
rodfan316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 10:32 AM   #15 (permalink)

Cain in the 3rd baby write it down!!!!
Old 10-22-2010, 07:01 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdizz View Post
Cain in the 3rd baby write it down!!!!
If Cain wins it will be by decision. Cain has said himself that he thinks he will win it by decision. He knows that he has to keep the fight standing up. I am not saying he can't knock out Brock...everyone in the UFC has a punchers chance to knock out their opponent. I just do not see it happening.
Old 10-22-2010, 08:04 PM   #17 (permalink)

gonzaga needs a win realy bad. i realy cant see scahub beating him
Old 10-22-2010, 11:15 PM   #18 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mma138 View Post
gonzaga needs a win realy bad. i realy cant see scahub beating him
i will bet you that he knocks out gonzaga
JohnnyBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 01:02 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBlaze View Post
i will bet you that he knocks out gonzaga

ok im willing to put up my brock lesnar e topps its your if he knocks out gonzaga.

what about you

its a nice card chrome like , just a small friendly bet
Old 10-23-2010, 01:14 AM   #20 (permalink)

Took Cain from nothing more than a betting standpoint. He's +140 to win the fight. I like those odds
gman71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 11:00 AM   #21 (permalink)

If you watched the Carwin Brock fight you saw Brock get dominated by strikes in the 1st round. That fight would have been totally different had Carwin not gassed out so early. I like Cain in this one, I don't think Brock is all that honestly.
Old 10-23-2010, 11:04 AM   #22 (permalink)

That fight would have been stopped in the first had it been anyone else but Brock. He's Danas cash cow. I think Cain is gonna take it to him for at least 3 rds, tire him out and then get the sub.
Sprfghtfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 11:13 AM   #23 (permalink)

It should have been stopped Brock took like 40 straight to the head and he really wasn't doing anything but laying on the mat. I think it's safe to say the ref was told not to stop that fight unless he was knocked out. Brocks face looked like Rocky Balboa after his first fight with Apollo after the first round.
Old 10-23-2010, 02:41 PM   #24 (permalink)

alot of them shots never got through. people are just jealous of his success.
Old 10-23-2010, 02:42 PM   #25 (permalink)

ok johnny blaze , never heard back from you so deal is off. im gone for the day and wont be back until after the ppv.