Blowout Cards Forums
Super Break

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > MMA - Mixed Martial Arts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2011, 11:44 PM   #51 (permalink)

Default missing hits

what do you mean; u sent your upc's in right away. Did you email support@topps/ufc or whatever or did u call topps customer service??
KosMMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 08:03 AM   #52 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KosMMA View Post
what do you mean; u sent your upc's in right away. Did you email support@topps/ufc or whatever or did u call topps customer service??
You have to send in the wrappers, UPC from the box, receipt, and letter of explanation. The info is on the topps website on how to do it.

Did anybody else have a weird plastic wrap on the outside of their boxes? Sounds like he is ripping people off to me.
pollbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 03:03 PM   #53 (permalink)
Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by KosMMA View Post
yes it was carboncopy.

Here is what he said to me via email:

Sorry to hear that you did not get the 4 hits you were supposed to get. I can not control what gets put in the boxes. You can contact Topps and they will take care of this. The 800 number should be on the bottom of the box. Thank you again for your purchase. Frank
This response is 100% reasonable. As long as the Topps shrink wrap was on the box, it is not the dealer's fault.
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 04:16 PM   #54 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
This response is 100% reasonable. As long as the Topps shrink wrap was on the box, it is not the dealer's fault.
The thing is I don't think it is topps normal shrink wrap. I can normaly get through it with my hands but had to cut through this wrap with a blade. It can't be very hard to rewrap a box if you have the equipment, I've seen them do it to games at gamestop.
Old 05-19-2011, 01:38 AM   #55 (permalink)

After closer inspection of the wrapper, it's definitely not legit. The small Topps logos are little stickers (not printed directly on wrapping)...

and now I see him selling all of the good hits and the box toppers on his other ebay account: delprete1 | eBay
erasoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 08:04 AM   #56 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasoul View Post
After closer inspection of the wrapper, it's definitely not legit. The small Topps logos are little stickers (not printed directly on wrapping)...

and now I see him selling all of the good hits and the box toppers on his other ebay account: delprete1 | eBay
What can we do about it?
Old 05-19-2011, 10:59 AM   #57 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to fm8418

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaystaK760 View Post
in all honesty seems the boosters are they way to go. those flag patches especialy of silva and gsp are saleing for 50+ on ebay. i grabbed one booster yesterday didnt get a hit but got a silva flag patch. gonna go today and get the last couple boosters. cards arent that bad but ive seen some horrible box breaks. alot of scrub autos for sure.
Those who paid $50 were idiots, they only paid that much because it was brand new and people didn't understand they are manufactured. This happened when Topps first released these patches in Baseball Blasters like 3 years ago. I made a killing because people would pay $50 when the blasters were $20.

The Silva/GSP can be had for 10-15 now
fm8418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 12:01 PM   #58 (permalink)

http://buymmacards.com/scripts/buymm...ID=48421#48421
erasoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 07:07 PM   #59 (permalink)

Yup everything is fishy about his boxes. Thicker wrapper, sticker Topps logos, broken seal:

grapplefu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 11:47 PM   #60 (permalink)

Hi - a similar situation happened to me a few years ago. I bought on Ebay what I thought was a factory sealed box of 2006 Topps Series 2 rack packs looking for Alex Gordon SPs. When it arrived something about the box did not seem right. In this case the shrink wrap was rather loose and there was a hole in the wrap. Upon further inspection I determined the box was searched and resealed. I had some other unopened Topps retail product in my house and I compared the shrink wraps. The Topps logos on the wrapper were slightly off on the Ebay box & upon closer look I could see it was actually a stamp. I contacted the seller & then filed a claim with Paypal. I received a full refund but had to return the box. This may not work for you since you opened the packs. There are SHADY PEOPLE out there that will search these boxes and then reseal them so they look new & hope they don't get caught. Complete A $ $ holes IMO and I hope they all get what they deserve.

Hope this helps. Also, I had missing hits several times from Knockout but I know those were legit Topps screwups cause I bought them from my LCS and he doesn't search stuff. In fact he never really busts much just sells lots of boxes and cases.

Last edited by mmamaniac79; 05-19-2011 at 11:50 PM.
mmamaniac79 is offline   Reply With Quote