Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > MMA - Mixed Martial Arts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2010, 06:39 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Topps UFC: TITLE SHOT

This is the new UFC product coming out. Looks good! Autos from every current UFC champ. Jake Shields Autos! Dual Auto Fight Mat Relics. 4 hits per box. 1 auto relic, 1 auto, and 2 relics.
Old 12-30-2010, 11:20 PM   #2 (permalink)

Topps gives everyone a title shot with next UFC card set The Beckett Blog

i guess a may release isnt bad . but products get delayed all the time so im guessing we can expect these in late june maybe. which isnt bad since knockout should be out in a few weeks. so the releases are not too close together. im just wondering how many more ufc releases topps plans on releasing this year ?

i love the design on the liddell auto , it has a nice retro look to it.
mma138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 11:26 PM   #3 (permalink)

so only a 12 pack box ? wow sounds like another high end product...... i thought they would go with something else considering knockout is also another high end product.
Old 12-31-2010, 02:20 PM   #4 (permalink)

Dude, Topps are insane. Knockout not even out and they already announce Title Shot?

Screw that, let's release new UFC product every week.
S.U.I.Z.I.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 08:12 AM   #5 (permalink)

on card autos. full sell sheet here. looks great

http://www.blowoutcards.com/images/s...ufctitleOS.pdf
Old 01-05-2011, 09:47 AM   #6 (permalink)

Total BS, if Topps is going to do to UFC what they do with football and baseball I'm friggin out. Oversaturating the market with new releases is killing this industry. You can call it a new name but at the end of the day it's the same damn thing. 4 hit 2 autos 2 relics with a boring design. Oh wait your putting a mini replica belt in a card,lol are you serious? At least Knockout looks 100% better with the designs like the TTT cards. I will stay far away from this crap.
Old 01-05-2011, 09:50 AM   #7 (permalink)

well 2 products a year for a sport that isnt as big as the other huge sports isnt really bad . im guessing there will be at least one more after this.
Old 01-05-2011, 10:32 AM   #8 (permalink)

I would be very suprised if there are only 2-3 ufc products seeing that these releases are pretty much coming out back to back this early in the year.
Old 01-05-2011, 01:46 PM   #9 (permalink)

I like Knockout a whole lot better but since im a die hard UFC fan ill prob have to pick up a box or 2

http://s1088.beta.photobucket.com/user/sserrano49/library/Football%20For%20Sale
sserrano49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 09:14 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sserrano49 View Post
I like Knockout a whole lot better but since im a die hard UFC fan ill prob have to pick up a box or 2

i agree , the die hard fans will keep buying. the flippers are the ones who will just continue to bash it
Old 01-06-2011, 02:46 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mma138 View Post
i agree , the die hard fans will keep buying. the flippers are the ones who will just continue to bash it
I disagree, I'm a die hard ufc fan and I'm not in anyway a flipper, but just like everyone else I like the cards to hold some value. It gets to a point where when there are too many products being pushed out, the value of collecting that sport becomes next to nothing. Why would you pay for something that's value can't even amount to it's worth inside? It makes no sense to me. Now you can say collecting is what it's all about, but you bet your ass the price of the boxes are going to drop like rocks as the printing presses keep turning this stuff out, look at UFC round 4, over produced and your paying now about half the cost of when it came out because of the mass production. Perfect example is how Topps and Panini has turned collecting football products into a joke. New products coming out every month that look a little different, but at the end of the day are completely the same. If there was something unique about this product, other than fake plastic belts in the cards, this wouldn't be an issue. Now I'm just guessing with the track record of how much and how quick Topps is pushing out other products that they will follow suit the their UFC product seeing as this is coming out right after knockout, but I really hope not. I just can't justify overpaying for an overproduced product in which the value will drop like a rock in a few weeks, and they come out with another similar product with a different name on the box right after this one.
Old 01-08-2011, 01:00 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdizz View Post
I disagree, I'm a die hard ufc fan and I'm not in anyway a flipper, but just like everyone else I like the cards to hold some value. It gets to a point where when there are too many products being pushed out, the value of collecting that sport becomes next to nothing. Why would you pay for something that's value can't even amount to it's worth inside? It makes no sense to me. Now you can say collecting is what it's all about, but you bet your ass the price of the boxes are going to drop like rocks as the printing presses keep turning this stuff out, look at UFC round 4, over produced and your paying now about half the cost of when it came out because of the mass production. Perfect example is how Topps and Panini has turned collecting football products into a joke. New products coming out every month that look a little different, but at the end of the day are completely the same. If there was something unique about this product, other than fake plastic belts in the cards, this wouldn't be an issue. Now I'm just guessing with the track record of how much and how quick Topps is pushing out other products that they will follow suit the their UFC product seeing as this is coming out right after knockout, but I really hope not. I just can't justify overpaying for an overproduced product in which the value will drop like a rock in a few weeks, and they come out with another similar product with a different name on the box right after this one.

i agree with your post , im not a major flipper either but i am still a little upset that i paid practically double for the cases of the last series . you can get them for like half price now.

and on the other hand i made out like a bandit with series one .
Old 04-12-2011, 09:17 AM   #13 (permalink)

why the price jump ? has anyone special been added to the checklist ? this is almost as expensive as knockout and im willing to bet it wont be nearly as good . so why 1000 ? for a case ?
Old 04-13-2011, 11:06 PM   #14 (permalink)

Price jump is due to the notice from Topps that allocation is cut 24%. If you get a case through a card shop, I recommend checking with them to see if this is only for distributors.
drewdaddy42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 12:42 AM   #15 (permalink)

I was just about to make my initial deposit and noticed it had gone up from 899 to 1019. I will just have to hold off for now.
tcwilco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 10:27 AM   #16 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to bmc398

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcwilco View Post
I was just about to make my initial deposit and noticed it had gone up from 899 to 1019. I will just have to hold off for now.
Smart move, it will no doubt fall.
bmc398 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 10:32 AM   #17 (permalink)

I'm not impressed with Title Shot at all. Just seems boring to me. I'd pass this one up and buy more Knockout.

Currently hoarding mountains of cards that I should be trading.
lemur01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 03:46 PM   #18 (permalink)

I'll have to see one of the "replica title belts embedded in the card" in person. The only other thing would be the box topper jumbo mat card
chrisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 10:22 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemur01 View Post
I'm not impressed with Title Shot at all. Just seems boring to me. I'd pass this one up and buy more Knockout.
or save for finest . price on this hasnt fallen yet.......

anyone know what the 10 autos of first timers are besides shileds
Old 04-29-2011, 11:57 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mma138 View Post
or save for finest . price on this hasnt fallen yet.......

anyone know what the 10 autos of first timers are besides shileds
With the past run of Topps not releasing or producing, who knows, a lot of the 1st autos that they put in the sell sheets, I wouldn't even bet on seeing all of them even if they do release the names.
Old 04-29-2011, 12:27 PM   #21 (permalink)

I'm trying to host a group break of this. It is in the "Testing the waters" section. If you're hesistant about committing to a full box/case of this, grab a slot or two in the group break!
Old 04-29-2011, 01:07 PM   #22 (permalink)

There is a preliminary checklist on the product page. I think this will be decent. Let's get this group break going. I already put in for 4 slots. Let's fill it!

http://www.blowoutcards.com/images/o...ufctitleOS.pdf
mmamaniac79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 02:42 PM   #23 (permalink)

im looking forward to the retro cards the most
Old 05-11-2011, 03:41 PM   #24 (permalink)

Can someone explain the significance of numbering UFC cards out of 188, 88, 8? What does the 8 mean?
Frankp2311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 03:51 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankp2311 View Post
Can someone explain the significance of numbering UFC cards out of 188, 88, 8? What does the 8 mean?
8 = octagon