Blowout Cards Forums
This Just In

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > MMA - Mixed Martial Arts

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2011, 01:13 AM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
screamingdc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Washington
Posts: 1,889
Default Strikeforce Heavyweight Tourney



for you 'real' MMA fans, how do you feel this one will turn out? i still have a hard time going against Fedor, but Overeem seems like the hot choice at the moment. also, if Barnett gets cleared, and if he shakes off his ring rust then he could win this thing.
__________________
Huh?
screamingdc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 04:06 AM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 898
Default

wow this is gonna be one hell ofa tourny. some pretty good names. i would love to see arlovski win lol. overeem vs fedor!!! omg!!!
mnava18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 08:20 AM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Glenarm,IL
Posts: 1,565
Send a message via AIM to Cubfan86
Default

I think the only problem I have with the set up is having Overeem and Fedor in the same side of the bracket.
They should have a chance to fight for title against each other.
__________________
Whatnot Collectibles Shop Open for Business.
If you are ever in Chatham, IL come check it out.
ALWAYS looking for 1959 Fleer Three Stooges cards.
Cubfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 09:24 AM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: lake worth,florida
Posts: 1,861
Default

War overeem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mickdapug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 01:07 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
mwolfson22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 1,182
Default

Not sure why they put the 4 best fighters in the same bracket.... SF is probably angling for a Fedor v Barnett Final. I see Overeem over Arlovski final... Barnett probably never competes because of his suspension. If he does then it is Overeem over him.
mwolfson22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 01:06 AM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,550
Default

this is gonna be awesome
mma138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 11:44 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
fm8418's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: ohio
Posts: 6,186
Send a message via AIM to fm8418
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwolfson22 View Post
Not sure why they put the 4 best fighters in the same bracket.... SF is probably angling for a Fedor v Barnett Final. I see Overeem over Arlovski final... Barnett probably never competes because of his suspension. If he does then it is Overeem over him.
It's setup like this because of logical order. Werdum is the next to fight Overeem because he beat Fedor. The winner of Fedor.Silva would be the next in line for a title shot. Then whever wins the other bracket deserves the third chance.
fm8418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 01:07 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
mwolfson22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 1,182
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fm8418 View Post
It's setup like this because of logical order. Werdum is the next to fight Overeem because he beat Fedor. The winner of Fedor.Silva would be the next in line for a title shot. Then whoever wins the other bracket deserves the third chance.
You setup a tournament so that you have the chance best two fighters fight in the finals.... When you have the top 4 seats in the same bracket it does not make much sense. Especially when there is a chance that if someone does beat Overeem there is no guarantee they will fight him for the title when this tournament is over. Isn't the final that everyone would want to see be Overeem vs. Fedor or Werdum vs. Fedor? SF did themselves a disservice and took away from the finals of this tournament which should be the biggest event for the company. Not shocked though since they have mismanaged the HW division since day 1.
mwolfson22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 10:46 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
fm8418's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: ohio
Posts: 6,186
Send a message via AIM to fm8418
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwolfson22 View Post
You setup a tournament so that you have the chance best two fighters fight in the finals.... When you have the top 4 seats in the same bracket it does not make much sense. Especially when there is a chance that if someone does beat Overeem there is no guarantee they will fight him for the title when this tournament is over. Isn't the final that everyone would want to see be Overeem vs. Fedor or Werdum vs. Fedor? SF did themselves a disservice and took away from the finals of this tournament which should be the biggest event for the company. Not shocked though since they have mismanaged the HW division since day 1.
the winner of the tourney fights Overeem for the title so it doesn't matter what the final is.

It makes perfect sense, Werdum is next in line for title shot anyways and has beaten Overeem once before so it's a chance for Reem to get redemption. Fedor doesn't deserve to fight Reem since he just lost so he has to go thru Silva first. This guarantees we get atleast a couple big fights.

Also Barnett is suspended in Cali and he's not even suspended anymore, just has to get his license back. Thats ok because their looking at doing the shows elsewhere.
fm8418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.