Blowout Cards Forums

Blowout Cards Forums (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/)
-   MMA - Mixed Martial Arts (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/mma-mixed-martial-arts/)
-   -   UFC 126 Picks!!!! (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/mma-mixed-martial-arts/128048-ufc-126-picks.html)

sserrano49 02-05-2011 10:54 AM

UFC 126 Picks!!!!

So pumped for tonight who you guys got.
Anderson Silva Vs Vitor Belfort - I got Belfort by 1st round Shocker
Forest Griffin Vs Rich Franklin - Franklin
Jon Jones Vs Ryan Bader - Jon Jones
Jake Ellenberger Vs Carlos Rocha - Rocha
Miguel Angel Torres Vs Antonio Banuelos - Torres
Donald Cerrone Vs Paul Kelly - Cowboy

mickdapug 02-05-2011 10:57 AM

silva 2nd rd ko
forest
jones...brutal ref stoppage..gnp
ellenberger
torres
cerrone

jenmatt092007 02-05-2011 11:08 AM

Silva vs Belfort
I thinks Silva will win by submission in the 3rd.... I think this because Silva likes to do the opposite of what everyone thinks.
Griffin vs Franklin- Griffin in the 2nd ..
Jon Jones vs Ryan Bader- I think this one will go the distance...Jones by decision
Ellenberger vs Rocha- Rocha
Torres vs Banuelos- Torres
Cerrone vs Kelly- Cerrone

IndySportsCards 02-05-2011 11:19 AM

My Picks

Anderson Silva Vs Vitor Belfort - Belfort
Forest Griffin Vs Rich Franklin - Griffinn
Jon Jones Vs Ryan Bader - Bader
Jake Ellenberger Vs Carlos Rocha - Rocha
Miguel Angel Torres Vs Antonio Banuelos - Torres
Donald Cerrone Vs Paul Kelly - Cowboy

KBlack25 02-05-2011 11:35 AM

Donald Cerrone v. Kelly - Cerrone by decision
Torres v. Banuelos - Banuelos by decision
Ellenberger v. Rocha - Ellenberger by decision
Jones v. Bader - Darth Bader by 2nd round TKO
Griffin v. Franklin - Griffin by decision
Silva v. Belfort - Silva by 2nd round submission

bigboysoffootball 02-05-2011 08:14 PM

Donald Cerrone v. Kelly - Cerrone by 2nd round Sub
Torres v. Banuelos - Torres by Bad ass Mullet lol jk still have Torres picked by decision
Ellenberger v. Rocha - Ellenberger by decision
Jones v. Bader - "Bones" Jones by 3nd round TKO
Griffin v. Franklin - Griffin by decision
Silva v. Belfort - Belfort by 1st round TKO

pskell02 02-05-2011 08:40 PM

My expectations for tonights fights aren't very high. Not going into great analytical depth with my picks here, but I think Jones wins decision, Griffin wins stoppage, and Silva wins KO early.

Also, watching the UFC Unleashed waiting for the prelims, I'm reminded how piss poor of a decision that the Brillz v. Little Nog had. I know they say don't leave it up to the judges, but come on, WTF fight were they watching. Pisses me off every time I think about it :p

cking 02-05-2011 08:52 PM

I like Griffin, Silva and Jones. I want Bader but Jones presents alot of problems for him. His reach and quickness really stand out

fiskaaron 02-05-2011 10:00 PM

Just curious if you guys watch these PPV bouts by ordering it on your home TV or out in town somewhere at a bar or some other place that has it? For some reason we get them for free on AFN.

jenmatt092007 02-05-2011 11:03 PM

[QUOTE=fiskaaron;1058935]Just curious if you guys watch these PPV bouts by ordering it on your home TV or out in town somewhere at a bar or some other place that has it? For some reason we get them for free on AFN.[/QUOTE]

I usually go to Buffalo Wild Wings to watch the fights... Its cool that UFC shows it for free on the Armed Forces Network.

cdizz 02-05-2011 11:07 PM

Jones Bader coming up finally!

fiskaaron 02-05-2011 11:08 PM

[QUOTE=jenmatt092007;1059145]I usually go to Buffalo Wild Wings to watch the fights... Its cool that UFC shows it for free on the Armed Forces Network.[/QUOTE]

Ah man! Have some wings and beer for me......It will still be another 5 months or so before I can enjoy some B.W. 3's............

cdizz 02-05-2011 11:28 PM

Wow Jones dominated

pskell02 02-05-2011 11:36 PM

Sweet, 128 is going to be in Newark! Going to have to try to procure some tickets for that bad boy. I was at 111 and it was just awesome. The fight card for 128 looks really good. Cro Cop is one of my all time favorites so that will be icing on the cake.

pskell02 02-06-2011 12:30 AM

Well, my low expectations were not met. Predictions for winners were 3 for 3, got the Silva early KO right. The Jones fight was about the only one that was really entertaining. Franklin may want to consider hanging it up and if Tyson doesn't get back on the ball, I could say the same for him. The 2 Mexican guys should have their contracts revoked after that pathetic performance.

In the words of Michel Therrien - "Not impress."

cdizz 02-06-2011 12:43 AM

Wow this card totally underwhelmed for all of the hype. Most of the fighters were timid and looked like they didn't want to get knocked out. At least Franklin Griffin went 3 rounds. Here's hoping Fitch vs Penn is going to be better.

BroncosFAN#1 02-06-2011 01:19 AM

Jones is better than I thought and I thought he was a beast. I dont know if hes ready for Shogun but heres hoping. Bader didnt touch him at all and Silva has the kick of the decade locked up, that was sweet

fm8418 02-06-2011 10:29 AM

[QUOTE=pskell02;1059388]Well, my low expectations were not met. Predictions for winners were 3 for 3, got the Silva early KO right. The Jones fight was about the only one that was really entertaining. Franklin may want to consider hanging it up and if Tyson doesn't get back on the ball, I could say the same for him. The 2 Mexican guys should have their contracts revoked after that pathetic performance.

In the words of Michel Therrien - "Not impress."[/QUOTE]

The mexican fighters are actually some of the more exciting ones, it was just a bad matchup. Also Torres has a new mindset not to go out and just throw which is good/bad.

Franklin was way undersized in the fight

I was 7 for 7 on my picks on bodog.com too bad I only bet $1 so it only won $17

Newbs 02-06-2011 01:50 PM

Silva's KO was nasty. I thought that fight would have gone the whole way, was surprised he got the KO.