Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > MMA - Mixed Martial Arts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2011, 11:00 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Anyone else ready for Bones to shut Rampage up for good?

Ive never really been a big fa of Rampage anyways...

I know it takes a certain level of cockiness to be good i any sport...but his is just borderline ridiculous.

Whether its being chased by police in a truck with his name and picture on the side of it...arguing publicly with Dana White...the poor showing on TUF with Rashad Evans...and recently a few days ago on ESPN, talking about Jones disrespecting him...

I hope Bones knocks him all the way back to Hollywood so he can continue to try and be an actor.

In other fights tonight..

Good to see Big Ben doing decent in UFC..he was huge back in IFL
Should be interesting to see how the Hughes/Koscheck fight plays out
cdub6238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 11:26 PM   #2 (permalink)

Impressive showing by both heavyweights in that fight...

Big Ben just didnt give up...impressive submission attempt by Hunt @ end of 2nd round
Old 09-24-2011, 11:26 PM   #3 (permalink)

any interest in a small bet on the fight. I'm rooting for Rampage. Can bet $5 or some cards. I have a few UFC autos/relics if you wanted to bet cards.
jr24ai3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 11:46 PM   #4 (permalink)

Wow Hughes got rocked at the end of that fight...hope that happens in the ME!
Old 09-25-2011, 12:20 AM   #5 (permalink)

lmao way to go Bones
Old 09-25-2011, 12:22 AM   #6 (permalink)

put him out!!!
Old 09-25-2011, 12:23 AM   #7 (permalink)

now run your mouth Rampage
Old 09-25-2011, 12:28 AM   #8 (permalink)

Looks like hes running his mouth giving 100% credit to Jon Jones. No excuses. Said he was in the best shape of his life and Rampage said Jones is the real deal.
Old 09-25-2011, 12:33 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr24ai3 View Post
Looks like hes running his mouth giving 100% credit to Jon Jones. No excuses. Said he was in the best shape of his life and Rampage said Jones is the real deal.
Yeah..its amazing what getting your ass kicked and made out to look like a complete fool in the ring will do for you..after running your mouth non stop prior to the fight

Love the way he had to shove focus on what he wants for his "next fight" after losing lol classy
Old 09-25-2011, 12:38 AM   #10 (permalink)

He talked about how great Jon Jones was for 90% of the interview. During the last 10 seconds he mentioned he wanted a Shogun rematch. Most fighters run their mouth prefight to build up the hype. He said he didn't believe in the Jon Jones hype but he said he knows Jones is for real. You must really dislike Rampage.

Did you want Rampage to pull down Jones shorts and suck him off? Would that make you happy?
Old 09-25-2011, 12:47 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr24ai3 View Post
He talked about how great Jon Jones was for 90% of the interview. During the last 10 seconds he mentioned he wanted a Shogun rematch. Most fighters run their mouth prefight to build up the hype. He said he didn't believe in the Jon Jones hype but he said he knows Jones is for real. You must really dislike Rampage.

Did you want Rampage to pull down Jones shorts and suck him off? Would that make you happy?
No..but it looks like you have Rampages #$%^ in your mouth for some reason.

The guy is a loud mouth clown who does nothing but run his mouth.

I totally understand wanting to hype a fight...but talking trash the entire time up before the fight..disrespecting him at the pre fight weigh in...disrespecting him even more on ESPN the other day...

of course its easy to say "congrats hes the real deal" after getting punked out for 20 minutes in the ring...

And yes your right..he did give praise to Bones finally in the post fight interview...but then he tried to hype up his "next fight" AFTER LOSING...who does that??

if it happens i hope Rua makes him look just as bad as Bones did.

I clearly said in my OP what i thought of Rampage.
Old 09-25-2011, 12:53 AM   #12 (permalink)

There are a lot of fighters that give BS excuses about injuries following fights. He at least admitted he was in great shape and just got beat. Rampage keeps it real, which is why I'm a fan. I have nothing against Jones, I'm just a bigger fan of Rampage.
Old 09-25-2011, 02:30 AM   #13 (permalink)
Banned

Id like to see him pound Rashad Evans more than he did Rampage. Rashad talks smack and thinks hes the best ever but with Jon's reach advantage vs Rashad I see him beating the hell out of him hopefully. Rashad is better at talking trash than he is fighting so this time I hope Bones can stay out of the trash talk and just beat the hell out of rashad. Im glad Rampage gave Bones his due after the fight and admitted he is a good fighter. I was thrown off when Bones came out in that weird crouching position but I think rampage was also. GO BONES JONES!!!!!!
BroncosFAN#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 04:23 PM   #14 (permalink)

All of Bones' next fights are going to be cakewalks until he somehow faces Anderson Silva at any point.
Old 09-25-2011, 07:55 PM   #15 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

If anyone cares, my LCS owner pulled a Jones Finest yellow printing plate relic, I think it was auto'd, too. Any idea what it might go for? I might have to try and get it from him.
oldgoldy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 08:11 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BennettCollecta View Post
All of Bones' next fights are going to be cakewalks until he somehow faces Anderson Silva at any point.
Even if/when that happens, I dont know if Silva could beat Jon Jones. This is why

Jon Jones: 6'4", 205 LBS, 84 1/2" Reach
Anderson Silva: 6'2", 184 LBS, 77" Reach

Now I know that the matchup would probably be either a catchweight at 195 or would be faught at 205. But that reach advantage Jones has, is just that, an advantage. He knows how to use his reach against anyone and I am not sure if Silva would be able to handle that along with Jones unorthadox way of fighting! It would be an interesting fight to see, and I love both fighters!
http://s153.photobucket.com/albums/s204/hotshotter/Sports%20Cards/
CC_123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 03:41 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgoldy97 View Post
If anyone cares, my LCS owner pulled a Jones Finest yellow printing plate relic, I think it was auto'd, too. Any idea what it might go for? I might have to try and get it from him.
i'd wager somewhere in the $300-$400 price range. with the right bidders and a supercollector, maybe $500-$600. Jones has plenty of autos in every UFC product besides the first one. If Topps were smart they'd short print his stuff like they do GSP.

anyways, to the OP, i am a fan of Rampage and Jones so it was tough to watch the fight not knowing who to root for. and even though Jones had his way with Rampage, i thought it was a little disrespectful of Jones to pick up and drop Rampage at the end of the 3rd round after the bell. still love his game and think he's gonna be a champion for years, but starting to see some arrogance and cockiness come out in Bones that wasn't there when he was coming up.
Old 09-26-2011, 03:22 PM   #18 (permalink)

he has every right to be a little cocky though, the kid has trained for 4 years and is just destroying the weight class for the time being. People keep saying on mma sites oh this kids chin hasn't been tested and stuff, that is because he is so good no one can FIND his chin.

The pick up/drop of rampage was a little disrespectful, but Rampage also could have just stepped off of Jones when the bell rang as well.
Bryanjs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 04:49 PM   #19 (permalink)

Jones is unlike any fighter we have ever seen, the guy hasn't been tested because no one can compete with him. His size and skill are unlike anybody I have ever seen, and he reminds me a little of Anderson Silva, but he is nastier than Silva. In this fight he was even a little arrogant just like Silva is, and I hope he doesn't get like him because I hate Silva because of his arrogance.
Old 09-26-2011, 08:01 PM   #20 (permalink)

I don't think he will get like Anderson, but then again if you fight for what? 5 years now in the UFC and destroy everyone I would get a little bored in the cage too lol. Anderson has every right to be as cocky as he wants. He can toy with people all he wants because he can just flip that switch and end it.
Bryanjs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 01:25 AM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdizz View Post
Jones is unlike any fighter we have ever seen, the guy hasn't been tested because no one can compete with him. His size and skill are unlike anybody I have ever seen, and he reminds me a little of Anderson Silva, but he is nastier than Silva. In this fight he was even a little arrogant just like Silva is, and I hope he doesn't get like him because I hate Silva because of his arrogance.
Silva has finished every opponent inside the first or second round, except Chael.

Anderson is way more "nasty".

Anderson will put his opponents out with one shot ala belfort, okami or just absolutely maim his opponents ala franklin, Leben, etc.

Jones took way longer than necessary to finish shogun, and didn't have any devastating strikes landed on Rampage.

Rampage blocked nearly every kick.

Aside from a take down and the RNC, Jones only landed a few solid leg kicks, and lots of knees to the leg in the clinch.

Jones looked solid, don't get me wrong, but he doesn't hold a candle to the devastation that Anderson can quickly put on someone.
LABUMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 02:44 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdub6238 View Post
The guy is a loud mouth clown who does nothing but run his mouth.
Totally. All Rampage has ever done is run his mouth. He didn't beat Liddell (twice mind you), Henderson, Machida, Arona, Vovchanchyn, Ninja Rua, Wanderlei and Randleman. Nope. He just runs his mouth, he's never beaten anyone. You clearly haven't been watching MMA long or else you'd refrain from throwing out ridiculous statements like that. I give Jones all the credit in the world for beating Rampage, but people (like you) who are saying Rampage never did anything are the kind of fans who are hurting the sport more than helping it.
wakigatame is offline   Reply With Quote