Blowout Cards Forums
Metro Sports Cards

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > MMA - Mixed Martial Arts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2011, 09:43 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Dos Santos Knocks out Velasquez

OMG!!! Cain looked like he wasnt in it at all

Correction..... Dos Santos

Last edited by thewild3; 11-12-2011 at 09:46 PM.
thewild3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 09:45 PM   #2 (permalink)

Worst fight ever...fox execs are probably real pissed.
Old 11-12-2011, 09:45 PM   #3 (permalink)

That had to cost Fox a ton of money.
Old 11-12-2011, 09:45 PM   #4 (permalink)

I love UFC but I stand by my theory that Joe Rogan is still annoying as hell.
Old 11-12-2011, 09:47 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacky1053 View Post
I love UFC but I stand by my theory that Joe Rogan is still annoying as hell.
Agreed!
Old 11-12-2011, 09:49 PM   #6 (permalink)

Nice job by Dos Santos.. fox and Dana White are pissed right now tho
Old 11-12-2011, 09:51 PM   #7 (permalink)

Was there any undercard fights. I cant see people paying to sit in there for one fight that lasted that short.
Old 11-12-2011, 10:06 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewild3 View Post
Was there any undercard fights. I cant see people paying to sit in there for one fight that lasted that short.
Yeah...they were on Facebook and FoxSports.net A few were decent, especially the Henderson vs. Guida fight.
stone184 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 10:07 PM   #9 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to fm8418

why is Fox pissed? most heavyweights end quick and it didn't run into local news which is good.

it was a 10 fight card, co main event was awesome ben henderson beat clay guida
fm8418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 10:19 PM   #10 (permalink)

Dana White looked like he was sick of Curt Menefee during the post fight wrap up. Menefee just kept running his mouth and not letting Dana White say anything.
Old 11-12-2011, 10:42 PM   #11 (permalink)

Wait a minute. Cain fought again after the fight against New Japan Pro Wrestler Miguel Del Santos, and lost? How did I miss this?!

I am sorta surprised by how quick the knockout in the Cain/Dos Santos fight was (still going with it ). Although it can be expected to have a quick knockout in a heavyweight fight, and it was, let's face it, the only way dos Santos was going to win, I am surprised it came only a minute in. I was expecting the fight to go 1-2 full rounds before Cain started beating the living $hit out of junior. Congrats anyways to Dos Santos.

Btw, does anybody have any film of the Del Santos/Cain fight? Im surprised Miguel fought so close to his title fight against Jock Tesner on Nov. 20
Old 11-12-2011, 10:46 PM   #12 (permalink)
Banned

Cain didnt look ready to fight IMO. He looked good and in shape vs Lesnar and that was 13 months and a shoulder surgery ago. I think Overeem vs Dos Santos would be a great fight and it willmore than likely happen unless Brock is fullyback to his old self which i doubt. Maybe he can fight Cain again though
BroncosFAN#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 10:50 PM   #13 (permalink)

Joe Rogan is the John Madden of the UFC.
Old 11-12-2011, 10:57 PM   #14 (permalink)

This is a great example of why boxing doesn't work on network TV and why I thought if they did it right, UFC would. When I found out ALL the undercard fights were on foxsports.com and facebook I was really disappointed. If they really want to get fans into this sport they would realize that 9 times out of 10 the main event isn't the best fight of the night. Sure it is easy to hype a heavyweight title fight but in this sport you are always 1 punch or 1 submission from the end of the fight, especially in the heavyweight division. The Henderson V Guida fight was the FOTN and IMO that is why I watch UFC. To not even show 2 or 3 fights is simply outrageous to me. UFC fights are events that happen to have a headlining fight. But what makes them fun to watch for me is seeing all the undercard fights where there really isn't much hype and when they turn out to be great, everyone wins. Tonight the UFC lost...

Hopefully Fox and Dana White learned from this and will do more for the other evens planned to be on FOX.
Old 11-13-2011, 02:14 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndySportsCards View Post
Except Madden doesn't yell all the time trying to sound like a tough guy.
Old 11-13-2011, 02:26 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndySportsCards View Post
Actually, Bill Goldberg is.

Joe Rogan is good.

Haha, Dana looked pale in post-fight interview. They lost a huge crowd in California right now.

They are packing their bags to Brazil but hohestly, I said it before and I will say it again, I knew that Dos Santos will win but in 1:04 KO? Wow.
FT base/inserts/hits: NBA: 09/10, 10/11 Timeless Treasures, 13/14 Titanium / Other Sport: UFC: 10, 12 KO, 11, 12 Finest, 10 WWE Platinum / NHL: 10-11 Contenders / NFL: 10 Magic / Non-Sport: Iron Man 1, 2, 3, Indiana Jones KOTCS, Marvel 70th Ann., Star Wars Jedi Legacy, Thor, Marvel Universe 2014
S.U.I.Z.I.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 03:03 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballjunky24 View Post
This is a great example of why boxing doesn't work on network TV and why I thought if they did it right, UFC would. When I found out ALL the undercard fights were on foxsports.com and facebook I was really disappointed. If they really want to get fans into this sport they would realize that 9 times out of 10 the main event isn't the best fight of the night. Sure it is easy to hype a heavyweight title fight but in this sport you are always 1 punch or 1 submission from the end of the fight, especially in the heavyweight division. The Henderson V Guida fight was the FOTN and IMO that is why I watch UFC. To not even show 2 or 3 fights is simply outrageous to me. UFC fights are events that happen to have a headlining fight. But what makes them fun to watch for me is seeing all the undercard fights where there really isn't much hype and when they turn out to be great, everyone wins. Tonight the UFC lost...

Hopefully Fox and Dana White learned from this and will do more for the other evens planned to be on FOX.
i believe they only showed one fight because of time conflict with the manny and JMM fight? i remember hearing dana white saying he wanted fans to catch both fights.i think next one will have more cards, hopefully
Old 11-13-2011, 06:24 AM   #18 (permalink)

Joe Rogan is actually very well educated and good. You mustve never watched Strikeforce. It's super loud at a UFC event thats why they have to yell
Old 11-13-2011, 08:15 AM   #19 (permalink)

The contract that the UFC signed with Fox does not actually begin until January 1st. The UFC put on this promotion (added this card) specifically for Fox. This was just a trial run, and I believe that next year when the contact begins there will be more than one fight. Fox and the UFC just wanted to try it out, and see how it does and get a good event under their belts.

I have a feeling the UFC won't be using the NFL music and all of that as well, they will have better intros and more of their own graphics and music.

The fight is EXACTLY what Dana wanted. Cain was definetly the favorite and the better fighter going into the fight, and Junior upset him and made him look timid and out of his comfort zone. The pre fight and post fight was all great, although I wouldn't mind someone other than Curt doing commentating though.

All in all I think this was a great TEST RUN for the UFC and Fox. I am excited to see the numbers. This is a HUGE step forward for the sport
Bryanjs14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 12:17 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHeel View Post
Worst fight ever...fox execs are probably real pissed.
You're out of your mind if you think that was the worst fight ever. There are plenty of fights that went way longer that were far, far worse than JDS/Cain.
wakigatame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 06:57 AM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakigatame View Post
You're out of your mind if you think that was the worst fight ever. There are plenty of fights that went way longer that were far, far worse than JDS/Cain.
Then I guess I am out of my mind.
Old 11-14-2011, 09:54 AM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelheader View Post
That had to cost Fox a ton of money.

Your nuts or kidding...right? How did hours of sold commercial time cost fox anything?It didnt they get $ for that!
imbaked247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 09:55 AM   #23 (permalink)

There are plenty of fights that went way longer that were far, far worse than JDS/Cain.[/QUOTE]

LOL not on those prelims!!
imbaked247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 12:39 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by imbaked247 View Post
There are plenty of fights that went way longer that were far, far worse than JDS/Cain.

LOL not on those prelims!! [/QUOTE]

most of the prelims were decisions and not good ones.

This was just a sneak peak event and people can't seem to wrap their small Affliction wearing brains around that
Old 11-14-2011, 01:31 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by imbaked247 View Post
There are plenty of fights that went way longer that were far, far worse than JDS/Cain.

LOL not on those prelims!!
I wasn't talking about on the same show. Look back through MMA history, there are tons of fights worse than JDS/Cain. Look at Shamrock/Gracie from UFC 5, or one of the Shamrock/Severn fights. There were a lot of undercard fights in PRIDE that sucked, too. To call that fight the worst ever is just ridiculous.
wakigatame is offline   Reply With Quote