Blowout Cards Forums
New Categories

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > MMA - Mixed Martial Arts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2011, 04:10 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default GSP out for 10 months, will we ever see him fight Diaz, lol

Dana made the news public today, really wish these two could just stay on the up to get this fight in. Interim fight scheduled now between Diaz and Condit, we wont see GSP for at least 18 months, lets hope he learns to actually finish a fight by then.
Old 12-07-2011, 05:11 PM   #2 (permalink)

aww man, I wanted to make a joke about finishing a fight, but you already got a dig in
Deeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 06:05 PM   #3 (permalink)

i guess that gymnastics was a waste of time. diaz and condit is a better fight anyways
Old 12-07-2011, 09:27 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

I think im an odd guy out when it comes to these fights. I love watching a tehnical match rather than an all out war of fists. That being said, I think Spider and GSP are top notch because they dont need to beat anyone. If anything a contender needs to beat the champ to get his belt. Till then, the guy holding the belt is the best!!

With that said, I hope GSP makes a quick and healthy recovery. I had the chance to meet him a bunch of times in Montreal and hes one of the best people around.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 10:22 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
I think im an odd guy out when it comes to these fights. I love watching a tehnical match rather than an all out war of fists. That being said, I think Spider and GSP are top notch because they dont need to beat anyone. If anything a contender needs to beat the champ to get his belt. Till then, the guy holding the belt is the best!!

With that said, I hope GSP makes a quick and healthy recovery. I had the chance to meet him a bunch of times in Montreal and hes one of the best people around.
I enjoy his fights, but when you think champion you think domination, the ability to disable your opponent, and lets face it...you want to see the guy laid out. I love GSP as a technical fighter, but somethings gotta give with him and he needs to finish the fight, even if its technically sound, make someone tap, or just give up for once.
Old 12-07-2011, 10:44 PM   #6 (permalink)

There were quite a few times in the Dan Hardy match where he could have finished him. In the fight vs. Kos, he had Kos' orbital bone broken, so I find it hard to believe at some point he couldn't have finished a one eyed Kos.

I don't have any problem with GSP. I just wish he'd finish someone. He dominates the person the entire fight, but doesn't attempt to finish. I realize finishing people at a high level of MMA can be difficult, but he dominates the entire freakin' fight! Maybe he's just too nice.
Deeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 01:47 AM   #7 (permalink)

Maybe he just wants to punish them. He would have massacred Diaz. I want to see GSP fight Anderson Silva.