Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > MMA - Mixed Martial Arts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2011, 07:26 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Topps redemption question

Had a St Pierre/Sherk duel mat auto UFC Knockout series redemption card #d /5 that topps could not fulfill. They sent me "fair value in cards" a base auto Finest St. Pierre auto and Big Nog relic. Has this happened to anyone else and if so what can I do? Send them back and say this wasn't fair value? What would you say fair value would be price wise?
pollbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 02:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

This is why you NEVER buy Topps redemptions. Wait for the live card. If you pull a redemption, sell it and buy it back when it's live. That trade is complete BS and goes to show that Topps has no idea what they're doing.
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 01:22 PM   #3 (permalink)

Oh wow... that is a terrible replacement!!!! Sorry to hear.
Yaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 01:55 PM   #4 (permalink)

That is really bad man. i would demand a different replacement.

Bucket:
http://s799.photobucket.com/albums/yy277/jaskiejm/
jaskiejm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 05:54 PM   #5 (permalink)

I had a brittany palmer #/10 or 15 I think auto relic redemption from knockout, they sent me instead a wanderlei series 4 auto. I wrote to them nicely and requested something else, they said sent it back and we'll give you something better. A couple weeks after sending it back I got a jon jones knockout auto relic /188 and an anderson silva knockout auto relic #/188, I felt like that was pretty fair of them and I was really actually surprised I felt like I wasn't going to get anything back or theyd just send me a 2nd series 4 wanderlei auto. So you can try that and see if you'll get something better.
sdothbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 10:56 PM   #6 (permalink)

This happened to me too. Had redemption for Bas Rutten Notable Nickname Auto #/25 from KO. I did not request a substitution & Topps just sent me an "Equal Book Value" replacement of....Yes - Wanderlai Silva round 4 base auto. So I emailed & called to complain. They told me to send it back & they will send something else.

My replacement was a Brock Lesnar Round 2 Auto. I'm satisfied with this replacement. I also complained about having to pay to send it back so they sent me a pack of KO & a pack of Title Shot as compensation for the postage.

For once Topps did right here.

Last edited by mmamaniac79; 01-25-2012 at 03:46 PM.
mmamaniac79 is offline   Reply With Quote