Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > MMA - Mixed Martial Arts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2011, 12:24 AM   #51 (permalink)

1/2/12 would be FREAKING EPIC ! NO QUESTION...

wont happen... but it would be my mojo wet dream if it did LOL
Old 12-31-2011, 12:25 AM   #52 (permalink)

Lesnar #30 Royal Rumble winner, Wrestlemania in Miami Cena/Rock/Lesnar
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
mnvikingstwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 12:26 AM   #53 (permalink)

wouldnt doubt if we see brock in the WWE now. how sad i thought he had so much potential. im glad i didnt get in the hype of buying his exspenisve cards
Old 12-31-2011, 12:28 AM   #54 (permalink)

400k payday is all he wanted, thank god there will be no more Lesnar bs in the UFC.
Old 12-31-2011, 12:28 AM   #55 (permalink)

Officially retired Brock.....to WWE.
FT base/inserts/hits: NBA: 09/10, 10/11 Timeless Treasures, 13/14 Titanium / Other Sport: UFC: 10, 12 KO, 11, 12 Finest, 10 WWE Platinum / NHL: 10-11 Contenders / NFL: 10 Magic / Non-Sport: Iron Man 1, 2, 3, Indiana Jones KOTCS, Marvel 70th Ann., Star Wars Jedi Legacy, Thor, Marvel Universe 2014
S.U.I.Z.I.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 12:30 AM   #56 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnvikingstwins View Post
Lesnar #30 Royal Rumble winner, Wrestlemania in Miami Cena/Rock/Lesnar
As much as I'd like to see that return, I'd rather have him as the 1/2/12 returnee. He probably needs time to recover, though.

That match would be pretty epic, but it would be obvious Lesnar would win
Old 12-31-2011, 12:34 AM   #57 (permalink)
Banned

Man, he just isnt close to who he was 2 and a half years ago. I feel for him but its better to be at home with your wife and family than putting your life in Jeopardy 4 times a year. Good for him. I liked Lesnar but didnt like him lately
BroncosFAN#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 12:49 AM   #58 (permalink)

Lesnar didn't look like the same fighter that he was two years ago. Oh well, at least the Diaz/Cerrone fight was awesome. Now to see how Overeem fairs against Dos Santos.
Old 12-31-2011, 12:54 AM   #59 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosFAN#1 View Post
Man, he just isnt close to who he was 2 and a half years ago. I feel for him but its better to be at home with your wife and family than putting your life in Jeopardy 4 times a year. Good for him. I liked Lesnar but didnt like him lately
Agreed. Im glad he retired (for his sake). He'd be fighting in another title shot match, and he'd end up injuring himself worse than ever before. You saw him collapse after that kick to the liver. One more could've been fatal considering his condition. Hopefully he'll come back to the WWE. He'll still stay in the public eye, still be considered the " baddest man in the world", yet he wouldn't be risking his life every time he stepped in the ring. Good luck Brock.
Old 12-31-2011, 01:49 AM   #60 (permalink)

i would like to see him return to the wwe. the question is he healthy enouhg for that . is he willing to put up with the hectic travel schedule. if he does sign im sure he will get some kind of special treatment. he probably wont do many house shows. the first few wwe televised shows for 2012 will get better ratings no matter what. people are going to tune in to see if he shows up
mma138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 01:50 AM   #61 (permalink)

and im sick of all the people hating on him. the guy jumped right into a sport and fought the best guys. no easy fights .he had some serious surguries ....... give him some credit , he tried
Old 12-31-2011, 06:08 AM   #62 (permalink)

I remember laughing when I heard Brock Lesnar was going to try to enter the octogon. I remember thinking "one fight with any mid level competition and its a wrap"

I remember the mir fights and the randy courtere hwc fight. Yea randy was a small heavyweight but that dude was tuff as a brick sammich for breakfast. And brock rolled him.

Mir is one of my favorite fighter of all times... for a long time. But even so part of me had to grin when brock beat the breaks off of him. This guy could have stayed wrasling and no one would have blamed him but he challenged himself... and the heavyweight division. Nearly died in route and for what? For our entertainment? Doubt that. For the money? Nope that man is rich and will be for as long as the lesnar name lives. Its my opinion that he did it to test himself. See if he really is a champion of warrior fighters.
All the respect in the world.
I am not laughing anymore. Brock is a champion.

Last edited by cowboyzqna; 12-31-2011 at 06:11 AM.
cowboyzqna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 10:23 AM   #63 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
As much as I'd like to see that return, I'd rather have him as the 1/2/12 returnee. He probably needs time to recover, though.

That match would be pretty epic, but it would be obvious Lesnar would win
Doubt he'll have to recover much, he took one kidney shot and got busted open a little, probably will be fine by 1/2/12
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
mnvikingstwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 01:28 PM   #64 (permalink)

Ha first round, who didn't see that coming I don't blame Brock for retiring. He got a late start in what has evolved into a young man's sport, made it to the top of the rankings AND the pay scale. He got a bunch of Dana's money, proved he wasn't some big pussy fraud from the WWE and can now retire to his cabin or go back to getting paid big McMahon dollars for rolling around with other dudes in banana hammocks.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 01:48 PM   #65 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMBAM View Post
Ha first round, who didn't see that coming I don't blame Brock for retiring. He got a late start in what has evolved into a young man's sport, made it to the top of the rankings AND the pay scale. He got a bunch of Dana's money, proved he wasn't some big pussy fraud from the WWE and can now retire to his cabin or go back to getting paid big McMahon dollars for rolling around with other dudes in banana hammocks.
Ouch. If I didn't know any better, id say you were taking a shot at the WWE. I'd like to see you say that to a guy like Batista, or John Cena. Heck, id like to see you say that to Hornswaggle. I'd put my money on them any day. And to call them frauds? Listen, wrestling isn't necessarily "real", but it takes a fair amount of strength to lift someone double your weight and be able to execute a move.

And if you really think wrestling is that "easy" and just rolling around in the ring, search for Mick Foley on YouTube. I have my doubts anybody in the UFC would actually agree to be thrown off a 20 foot cage and go through an announce table, or get tackled through a table on fire.

Before you call it simple and mock it, think about the skill involved. You couldn't walk off the street and pick up a 500 pound giant.
Old 12-31-2011, 01:53 PM   #66 (permalink)

Whoa don't talk bad about WWE to this guy ^^

Define "irony": a bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane, to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash -Garland Greene
FavresReturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 02:04 PM   #67 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FavresReturn View Post
Whoa don't talk bad about WWE to this guy ^^
Listen, I get that the WWE is fake and planned. Dont think I don't get that. What I hate is the assumption that wrestlers are sideshows whose only job is to roll around in a ring for 10 minutes at a time. If what he was saying was true I'd have no problem. But it isn't at all. It involves a fair amount of skill and training. He couldn't walk into a ring tomorrow and be a legitimate professional wrestler, yet he makes it seem like he could.

I understand there is a fair amount of skepticism out there regarding the WWE, and I understand some, if not most of it, is justified. His criticism isn't really, at all, justified.
Old 12-31-2011, 02:27 PM   #68 (permalink)

Brock could have been something, if not for the disease he have.

Donald "Cowboy" Cerrone is still my favorite fighter though, he just need to learn a little bit of counter fighting first, then he'll be unstoppable!

Last edited by allday_vikes; 12-31-2011 at 02:31 PM.
allday_vikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 02:42 PM   #69 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by allday_vikes View Post
Brock could have been something, if not for the disease he have.

Donald "Cowboy" Cerrone is still my favorite fighter though, he just need to learn a little bit of counter fighting first, then he'll be unstoppable!
Cowboy looked really off last night. He was taking an amazing amount of punches from Diaz and wasn't throwing many himself. And even when he connected, he wasn't attacking when he had Diaz down. Hopefully he'll get back. I'd like to see him and Diaz fight again, it was a pretty great fight. Diaz just looked like he was in another league last night.
Old 12-31-2011, 07:25 PM   #70 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyzqna View Post
I remember laughing when I heard Brock Lesnar was going to try to enter the octogon. I remember thinking "one fight with any mid level competition and its a wrap"

I remember the mir fights and the randy courtere hwc fight. Yea randy was a small heavyweight but that dude was tuff as a brick sammich for breakfast. And brock rolled him.

Mir is one of my favorite fighter of all times... for a long time. But even so part of me had to grin when brock beat the breaks off of him. This guy could have stayed wrasling and no one would have blamed him but he challenged himself... and the heavyweight division. Nearly died in route and for what? For our entertainment? Doubt that. For the money? Nope that man is rich and will be for as long as the lesnar name lives. Its my opinion that he did it to test himself. See if he really is a champion of warrior fighters.
All the respect in the world.
I am not laughing anymore. Brock is a champion.
well said , also the wwe lifestyle is alot harder then the mma lifestyle trust me . the traveling schedule itself is brutal . you just wait and see , if brock go's back to vince he will only be signed on to work on certain shows. there is no way he is going full schedule anymore. for one his health probably wont allow it , and two vince will allow it. he will give brock special treatment , he knows how big of a draw he is .
Old 12-31-2011, 11:32 PM   #71 (permalink)

i had no idea sable and brock were together, but damn shes still hot. i remember the days in elementary and seeing those puppies
Old 01-03-2012, 11:01 AM   #72 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
Ouch. If I didn't know any better, id say you were taking a shot at the WWE. I'd like to see you say that to a guy like Batista, or John Cena. Heck, id like to see you say that to Hornswaggle. I'd put my money on them any day. And to call them frauds? Listen, wrestling isn't necessarily "real", but it takes a fair amount of strength to lift someone double your weight and be able to execute a move.

And if you really think wrestling is that "easy" and just rolling around in the ring, search for Mick Foley on YouTube. I have my doubts anybody in the UFC would actually agree to be thrown off a 20 foot cage and go through an announce table, or get tackled through a table on fire.

Before you call it simple and mock it, think about the skill involved. You couldn't walk off the street and pick up a 500 pound giant.

Ha, I came back to post about Overeem's chances against a technician like JDS and I see this nonsense So because some dude like Cena is all juiced up that means they can actually throw hands and more importantly, take a punch in your mind ? How do you know what I could or couldn't do when I was their age ? I'm 42 so no, I couldn't be a wrestler today. When I was in my 20's or even 30's I wouldn't bet against me slamming a 500 lb dude especially since he's helping me when I go to scoop him up. No need to get all mouthy and question me because I don't worship who you do. If you idolize almost naked dudes play fighting then so be it. Sorry but as someone who strength trained for years PED free I can't say I have a whole lot of respect for guys who take short cuts. Are many of them tremendous athletes, absolutely but don't tell me they're not more sideshow than substance. A guy I grew up with went to some old retired wrestler's school probably before you were even born but quit after he had to get his jaw wired for the second time. When stuff like that happens it's more accident then intentional. Taking falls on a nightly basis bangs you up a whole lot, I get it but getting your face punched in for 12 rounds like a boxer or going 5 rounds in the cage are far more grueling and respectable to me than guys taking falls. Those guys go in knowing the ring knowing the other guy is really trying to hurt them, not the other way around.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote