Blowout Cards Forums
Football promo

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > MMA - Mixed Martial Arts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2012, 01:04 AM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kajshack View Post
I must have a different TV than all of you guys. Everybody on this board thought Marquez got cheated vs Pacquiao, and that Bisping actually beat Sonnen, and now Diaz beat Condit. I agreed with the decisions in all three cases. I seriously don't know what fights you guys are watching.
I guess the fans there that were booing the decision and him had a different view too.
Old 02-05-2012, 01:06 AM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdub6238 View Post
dont know anything about case 1

case 2 i agree with the Sonnen victory

but i dont know how Diaz didnt win this match. Diaz was on the offensive all throughout the 1st 2 rounds, with Condit only landing small leg kicks or body shots...even when he tried to be aggressive he failed miserably (completely missing, botching moves).

Rounds 3 and 4 werea little closer, but Condit actually landed more offense so i could see him winning those rounds, albeit close.

the 5th Round hands down should have been Diaz after that take down and almost locking in a choke.
It was a unanimous decision by the judges. So what you guys are saying is that you got it right watching from your TV and all 3 professional judges watching from ringside got it wrong. Think about it.
Old 02-05-2012, 01:06 AM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
I must have a different TV than all of you guys. Everybody on this board thought Marquez got cheated vs Pacquiao, and that Bisping actually beat Sonnen, and now Diaz beat Condit. I agreed with the decisions in all three cases. I seriously don't know what fights you guys are watching.
Agree with u on the sonnen fight. I need to watch this one again...
Major_League is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 01:07 AM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abracadaver View Post
I guess the fans there that were booing the decision and him had a different view too.
The professional judges must have, too. It's all a massive conspiracy by the UFC to screw Diaz! Call the authorities!

For Christ sakes guys, it was a UNANIMOUS decision. Are any of you professional judges?
Old 02-05-2012, 01:08 AM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
It was a unanimous decision by the judges. So what you guys are saying is that you got it right watching from your TV and all 3 professional judges watching from ringside got it wrong. Think about it.
yeah..think thats pretty much what everybody is saying. Everybody here, the fans in attendance..

can you clearly support why they picked the right winner with Condit? much less a unanimous winner?

like i said, the only rounds i clearly thought were his were rounds 3 and 4.
cdub6238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 01:14 AM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
yeah..think thats pretty much what everybody is saying. Everybody here, the fans in attendance..

can you clearly support why they picked the right winner with Condit? much less a unanimous winner?

like i said, the only rounds i clearly thought were his were rounds 3 and 4.
No, I can't CLEARLY SUPPORT why - that's for the professional judges to do. Which they did. Unanimously.

In my amateur, non-professional opinion from the seat of my couch, I thought Condit pushed the action more, particularly in the middle rounds. His striking was superior and he was the aggressor. But as I said, I'm an amateur so my opinion doesn't mean much. I'll leave the worthy opinions to the judges, as we all should.

Sorry the guy you wanted to win didn't, but that doesn't mean he was screwed.
Old 02-05-2012, 01:21 AM   #32 (permalink)

Cecil Peoples is from the boxing realm. We were shocked when he was announced as a judge.

Would you want a policeman telling a fire fighter how to do hhis job? Would you want an Ob/Gyn telling a spinal surgeon how to do his job?

As you said these are opinions but I disagree with the comments about pushing the action. In my opinion on my couch Diaz got robbed.
Old 02-05-2012, 01:23 AM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
No, I can't CLEARLY SUPPORT why - that's for the professional judges to do. Which they did. Unanimously.

In my amateur, non-professional opinion from the seat of my couch, I thought Condit pushed the action more, particularly in the middle rounds. His striking was superior and he was the aggressor. But as I said, I'm an amateur so my opinion doesn't mean much. I'll leave the worthy opinions to the judges, as we all should.

Sorry the guy you wanted to win didn't, but that doesn't mean he was screwed.
Never said i wanted either to win neccessarily. Not a "fan" of either, just like watching a good fight.

I actually thought this was pretty boring for a "hyped" ME.

But just like you have your opinion, i have mine. And i stand behind Diaz being robbed of that win.

When exactly was Condit the aggressor or push the action ANYWHERE in the first 2 rounds? Diaz was just pushing him around, and even seemingly taunted him several times almost telling him to hit him or do SOMETHING.

Condit might have landed morestrikes, but as i said in the first 2 round they were either weak body shots or weak leg kicks.

Now, i do agree in the middle rounds he picked it up...which is why it shouldve been even.

And 5th round, how does that take down and choke attempt NOT get Diaz that round?

Diaz should have won...if Condit legit won, it definately should nothave been unanimous. period..end of story.
Old 02-05-2012, 01:23 AM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Cecil Peoples is from the boxing realm. We were shocked when he was announced as a judge.

Would you want a policeman telling a fire fighter how to do hhis job? Would you want an Ob/Gyn telling a spinal surgeon how to do his job?

As you said these are opinions but I disagree with the comments about pushing the action. In my opinion on my couch Diaz got robbed.
I would rather have a boxing judge judging an MMA fight than a baseball card collector doing it.
Old 02-05-2012, 01:25 AM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Never said i wanted either to win neccessarily. Not a "fan" of either, just like watching a good fight.

I actually thought this was pretty boring for a "hyped" ME.

But just like you have your opinion, i have mine. And i stand behind Diaz being robbed of that win.

When exactly was Condit the aggressor or push the action ANYWHERE in the first 2 rounds? Diaz was just pushing him around, and even seemingly taunted him several times almost telling him to hit him or do SOMETHING.

Condit might have landed morestrikes, but as i said in the first 2 round they were either weak body shots or weak leg kicks.

Now, i do agree in the middle rounds he picked it up...which is why it shouldve been even.

And 5th round, how does that take down and choke attempt NOT get Diaz that round?

Diaz should have won...if Condit legit won, it definately should nothave been unanimous. period..end of story.

Well, I guess you're just going to have to right a letter to Dana White or your congressman or President Obama. Or have Brian Hamilton write a scathing expose in that cesspool rag The Tribune about the corruption in MMA judging.

Clearly Diaz was robbed. 2 guys on a baseball card message board can't possibly be wrong.
Old 02-05-2012, 01:25 AM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
I would rather have a boxing judge judging an MMA fight than a baseball card collector doing it.
You know not what you speak of.
Old 02-05-2012, 01:28 AM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Well, I guess you're just going to have to right a letter to Dana White or your congressman or President Obama. Or have Brian Hamilton write a scathing expose in that cesspool rag The Tribune about the corruption in MMA judging.

Clearly Diaz was robbed. 2 guys on a baseball card message board can't possibly be wrong.
I will right a letter
Old 02-05-2012, 01:28 AM   #38 (permalink)

From the USA Today. I guess you are a more qualified judge than the official judges and a professional MMA journalist. You should get a new job!
Quote:
Diaz tried to apply his trademark pressure to trap Condit against the fence and make him a target for high-volume punching combinations. But Condit circled constantly, often threw kicks and frequently countered while moving away as Diaz lunged forward with punches.

The few times that Diaz was able to pin his opponent by the fence briefly, Condit managed to slip away after a few seconds while landing the last blow on the way out.

Compustrike saw Condit landing more strikes than Diaz in the first, third and fourth rounds. Overall, Condit oustruck Diaz 146 to 110, according to Compustrike.

Diaz's best chance to win came in the last 90 seconds, when he took down Condit and mounted his back. But Diaz lost the position seconds before the bout ended with Condit on top.
Condit wins UFC interim title; Diaz quits MMA
Old 02-05-2012, 01:29 AM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
I will right a letter
Okay, the argument has devolved to the point which you no longer have a valid argument and you're looking for the one grammatical error I've made.

I bid you goodnight, sir. Go cry in your Corona.
Old 02-05-2012, 01:41 AM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Okay, the argument has devolved to the point which you no longer have a valid argument and you're looking for the one grammatical error I've made.

I bid you goodnight, sir. Go cry in your Corona.
I ask your opinion tomorrow at halftime of the puppy bowl. Being devolved into an event of four legged animals. Even though one day you may rise with the apes to take over its still just opinions. I think he was robbed.

Even the president of the UFC says don't leave it in the hands of the judges.

Still waiting for the press conference, what's up with that?
Old 02-05-2012, 01:43 AM   #41 (permalink)

diaz is so dramatic .
mma138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 01:44 AM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:

you know i used to think you were an actual credit to this forum community, and then you decided to "argue" in this thread. And even then, you devolve into saying im a "know it all", "crybaby because my fighter didnt win", "i guess you know more than these judges", "look, you should get a new job", "write to Obama" crap...

i stated my OPINION. Never once did i say i was better at anything than anybody else. Never once did i say i was "upset" at the outcome.

You were the one calling everybody else out, even after you so blatantly admitted your hate towards Diaz, saying everybody else mustve been blind or high/drunk ("everybody else must have a different TV than mine").

Your response was, well the judges scoredit this way..therefore its right.

All i did was re-post my OPINION, and ask why you thought Condit won..much less unanimously.

You provided your opinion...i then followed up and asked for more details about your opinion (ie: How/where did Condit show aggression during the 1st/2nd rounds).

Your genius response?

blahblah blah write a letter here blah blah write a letter there....blah blah blah look here i guess you're more qualified to be a judge than these people blah blah blah

and you say I, or the other person who thought the decision was wrong "devolved" the argument?

really? i never said anything about you personally...just provided my opinion and wanted to discuss yours...

get over yourself bro..

Last edited by cdub6238; 02-05-2012 at 01:47 AM.
Old 02-05-2012, 01:47 AM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
I ask your opinion tomorrow at halftime of the puppy bowl. Being devolved into an event of four legged animals. Even though one day you may rise with the apes to take over its still just opinions. I think he was robbed.

Even the president of the UFC says don't leave it in the hands of the judges.

Still waiting for the press conference, what's up with that?
I don't have the slightest clue what that first sentence means. I suppose it was a jab about me being less than human, or maybe it's some sort of World of Warcraft reference that I don't understand.

In any event, we all have our rights to an opinion. Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on who you're rooting for), the only opinions that matter in sporting events are those of the judges, or referees, or umpires.

These boards would be awfully boring if we all agreed. I enjoy a good debate every once in a while, and in the heat of the moment (especially after a combat sport when the testosterone/adrenaline is high) it can start to sound personal. That was not my intention. My apologies if you took my comments the wrong way.
Old 02-05-2012, 01:48 AM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
you know i used to think you were an actual credit to this forum community, and then you decided to "argue" in this thread. And even then, you devolve into saying im a "know it all", "crybaby because my fighter didnt win", "i guess you know more than these judges", "look, you should get a new job", "write to Obama" crap...

i stated my OPINION. Never once did i say i was better at anything than anybody else. Never once did i say i was "upset" at the outcome.

You were the one calling everybody else out, even after you so blatantly admitted your hate towards Diaz, saying everybody else mustve been blind or high/drunk ("everybody else must have a different TV than mine").

Your response was, well the judges scoredit this way..therefore its right.

All i did was re-post my OPINION, and ask why you thought Condit won..much less unanimously.

You provided your opinion...i then followed up and asked for more details about your opinion (ie: How/where did Condit show aggression during the 1st/2nd rounds).

Your genius response?

blahblah blah write a letter here blah blah write a letter there....blah blah blah look here i guess you're more qualified to be a judge than these people blah blah blah

and you say I, or the other person who thought the decision was wrong "devolved" the argument?

really? i never said anything about you personally...just provided my opinion and wanted to discuss yours...

get over yourself bro..

See above. Sorry if I pissed you off.

We're both ND fans (I think), so at least we agree on something.
Old 02-05-2012, 05:03 AM   #45 (permalink)

Wow. Ufc can not keep rewarding fighters who point fight. Its not karate (sp and no disrespect to karate at all... those guys are great athletes with a amazing craft that I could never do)

Idk I had Diaz winning. Also mma judges are known for some bad calls lol.

Its too bad but Diaz did fight in two main events in 6 months. Kid is an amazing athelete. Hopefully he continues fighting but I kinda agree w/ him.
Old 02-05-2012, 10:24 AM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyzqna View Post
Wow. Ufc can not keep rewarding fighters who point fight. Its not karate (sp and no disrespect to karate at all... those guys are great athletes with a amazing craft that I could never do)

Idk I had Diaz winning. Also mma judges are known for some bad calls lol.

Its too bad but Diaz did fight in two main events in 6 months. Kid is an amazing athelete. Hopefully he continues fighting but I kinda agree w/ him.
I understand your point, but isn't the onus on both fighters to press the action? Diaz can complain about "pussy leg kicks", but he still got outstriked, according to compupunch. If he didn't like the pace of the fight he should have taken some chances himself to change it.
Old 02-05-2012, 11:14 AM   #47 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Cubfan86

I would not be upset at all if both the Diaz brothers went back to starting fights in bars and on the streets. They are both dirt thugs and I am glad Condit won.
Bisping is a jerk and I can't stand him but he is not as bad as the Diaz brothers.
Cubfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 02:30 PM   #48 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubfan86 View Post
I would not be upset at all if both the Diaz brothers went back to starting fights in bars and on the streets. They are both dirt thugs and I am glad Condit won.
Bisping is a jerk and I can't stand him but he is not as bad as the Diaz brothers.

I agree with this. I didnt get to watch the fight because my 9 year old had a sleepover so they watched a bunch of girl kid movies and I figured Diaz would win but to wake up and see he lost, I was pretty happy. I cant stand him. I dont like Chael Sonnen one bit either. I want to see them find a way to fight each other.
BroncosFAN#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 07:18 PM   #49 (permalink)

diaz bros, sonnen, bisping and hardy might be trash talkers, but they make fights more interesting. it hypes the fight up and more fun
Old 02-07-2012, 03:09 AM   #50 (permalink)

It was a close fight and 2 judges scoring it 49-46 shows that there are some major issues with judging in MMA. Everyone has acknowledged that Diaz should have won rounds 1 and 2. But how is it that Patricia Morgan and Cecil Peoples gave him the 3rd? A round most people clearly gave to condit.
eddy9898 is offline   Reply With Quote