Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > MMA - Mixed Martial Arts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2012, 06:23 PM   #51 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankiecgsw View Post
diaz bros, sonnen, bisping and hardy might be trash talkers, but they make fights more interesting. it hypes the fight up and more fun
Sonnen says the stuff he says as a salesman. He is a trash talker because that is his job, and he does his job well. The stuff he says, he says to get a reaction, get people talking, get people excited for his fights.

The other people on that list are just idiots and bad for the sport. The Diaz brothers are two of the most disrespectful athletes in ANY sport. When they talk trash, they do it because they are from the streets and that's how they pump themselves up. If neither or them ever fights again in the UFC I won't be disappointed in the least. They are bad for the growing sport. How would America react if Tom Brady just didn't show up for any press leading up to the Super Bowl? Then after the game he said the giants are pussies and that the patriots won no matter what the official outcome is. He is a scumbag punk that doesn't deserve to be where he is unless he can change his attitude. The last thing the UFC needs as it tries to grow and expand are people like him giving the sport a bad image. All sports need class, and that's something I don't think the Diaz brothers or Bisping can ever learn.

Last edited by Bryanjs14; 02-07-2012 at 06:25 PM.
Bryanjs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 06:37 PM   #52 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanjs14 View Post
Sonnen says the stuff he says as a salesman. He is a trash talker because that is his job, and he does his job well. The stuff he says, he says to get a reaction, get people talking, get people excited for his fights.

The other people on that list are just idiots and bad for the sport. The Diaz brothers are two of the most disrespectful athletes in ANY sport. When they talk trash, they do it because they are from the streets and that's how they pump themselves up. If neither or them ever fights again in the UFC I won't be disappointed in the least. They are bad for the growing sport. How would America react if Tom Brady just didn't show up for any press leading up to the Super Bowl? Then after the game he said the giants are pussies and that the patriots won no matter what the official outcome is. He is a scumbag punk that doesn't deserve to be where he is unless he can change his attitude. The last thing the UFC needs as it tries to grow and expand are people like him giving the sport a bad image. All sports need class, and that's something I don't think the Diaz brothers or Bisping can ever learn.
A-freakin-men
Old 02-08-2012, 12:02 AM   #53 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to fm8418

Quote:

you scared homie

The Diaz brothers are actually good people and not what you see on tv. Condit said he was "going to bury that motherfu*ker" before the fight so how is that any different

also rumor has it the rematch is on

Last edited by fm8418; 02-08-2012 at 12:05 AM.
fm8418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 08:27 AM   #54 (permalink)

You obviously didn't read my post. It's the stuff they say and do ON TV that makes me hate them. They give the sport a bad image. Calling the guy a pussy after the fight and announcing you are retiring because you don't like a decision is poor sportsmanship and poor character. I don't care if they rescue children from burning buildings in their spare time, until their attitude can change in the public realm, I won't like them. The sport is trying to grow right now, and it doesn't need fighters like this as it tries to go mainstream

Also the rematch is on, I just hope Dana makes is co main event as I don't think it's worthy of being the main draw on a PPV again.

Also I should point out that I am NOT by any means a Condit fan. I was rooting for him simply because of who is was fighting... The same way I was rooting for sonnen and mayhem just because I dislike Bisping

Last edited by Bryanjs14; 02-08-2012 at 08:29 AM.
Old 02-08-2012, 10:50 AM   #55 (permalink)

Quote:
You obviously didn't read my post. It's the stuff they say and do ON TV that makes me hate them. They give the sport a bad image. Calling the guy a pussy after the fight and announcing you are retiring because you don't like a decision is poor sportsmanship and poor character. I don't care if they rescue children from burning buildings in their spare time, until their attitude can change in the public realm, I won't like them. The sport is trying to grow right now, and it doesn't need fighters like this as it tries to go mainstream

Also the rematch is on, I just hope Dana makes is co main event as I don't think it's worthy of being the main draw on a PPV again.

Also I should point out that I am NOT by any means a Condit fan. I was rooting for him simply because of who is was fighting... The same way I was rooting for sonnen and mayhem just because I dislike Bisping
Clearly you are just scared homie.
Old 02-08-2012, 11:07 AM   #56 (permalink)

Quote:

If anything you should hate Sonnen the most for using banned substances.
Old 02-08-2012, 02:29 PM   #57 (permalink)

Sonnen admitted he was wrong, was suspended, did his time and is back and hasn't had a problem sense. Everyone makes mistakes, of he does it again, yeah my views on him will change but right now to me he is one of the funniest and best trash talkers of all time and a blast to listen to. I don't think he'll best Anderson, but he is making me way more excited for the fight than I usually would be.
Old 02-08-2012, 03:25 PM   #58 (permalink)

So what if he admitted, he got caught that's why he admitted and he never admitted to why he was taking TRT, which usually covers up PED's.

rematch is off for now

Bet Diaz gets popped for Weed

Last edited by fm8418; 02-08-2012 at 08:48 PM.
Old 02-08-2012, 10:36 PM   #59 (permalink)

To me, Sonnen's trash talk is a Kenny Powers/Brian Wilson/80's bad guy wrestler type of shtick that's hilarious. He's being a showmen and having fun. The Diaz brothers are just meat head morons. Watch the video on youtube where Nick is responding to Mayhem (the one he films while driving). He sounds like a complete moron.
Old 02-08-2012, 11:16 PM   #60 (permalink)

That's the point, you want to see them lose but usually they don't. They can take incredible ammounts of punishment and wear you down and win

Sonnen has a horrible record for as much as he talks. His fights aren't that good either.

I like both fighters
Old 02-09-2012, 08:56 AM   #61 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fm8418 View Post
Sonnen has a horrible record for as much as he talks. His fights aren't that good either.
he's 12-3 since UFC 60. I'd say he's doing pretty ok.
hock3591 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 09:08 AM   #62 (permalink)

and only 7 of those fights coming in the UFC.

He's a great wrestler with a good work rate but besides that he's not much.

Last edited by fm8418; 02-09-2012 at 09:20 AM.
Old 02-09-2012, 09:27 AM   #63 (permalink)

Yeah and Randy always held people up against the cage, GSP always humps people for 25 minutes, Brock was best when he got ontop and did the same thing. Sometimes one trick ponies are still fun to watch as long as they are very good at that one trick. A lot of people also like to root against perfection, and Chael has already shown he is prob the biggest threat to Andersons perfect UFC record ( not counting the DQ )

Saying that, I think it's a completely different fight the second time around.
Also, Condit agreed to fight, it's Diaz who is still having his pitty party. Sounds like HE is the one that's scared, homie.
Old 02-09-2012, 03:53 PM   #64 (permalink)

Quote:
Yeah and Randy always held people up against the cage, GSP always humps people for 25 minutes, Brock was best when he got ontop and did the same thing. Sometimes one trick ponies are still fun to watch as long as they are very good at that one trick. A lot of people also like to root against perfection, and Chael has already shown he is prob the biggest threat to Andersons perfect UFC record ( not counting the DQ )

Saying that, I think it's a completely different fight the second time around.
Also, Condit agreed to fight, it's Diaz who is still having his pitty party. Sounds like HE is the one that's scared, homie.
Diaz got busted for weed and is suspended for a year, HE CANT FIGHT
Old 02-09-2012, 05:35 PM   #65 (permalink)

I won't even argue with you anymore about Diaz. He is a cancer on the sport, I hope Dana kicks him out for life. If getting paid to fight for a living isn't enough to cut out the weed from your life then stay out of the sport and go back to the streets you so avidly try to portray yourself being from.
Old 02-09-2012, 05:56 PM   #66 (permalink)

Apparently Diaz has a prescription in California for ADHD.
– TRAINER TALKS NICK DIAZ’S MARIJUANA USE | MMAWeekly.com

Nick Diaz | MMA fighter Nick Diaz says smoking marijuana is part of his plan - Los Angeles Times

SCRUB QB LOVER.
SteelersRock245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 08:27 PM   #67 (permalink)

Quote:
I won't even argue with you anymore about Diaz. He is a cancer on the sport, I hope Dana kicks him out for life. If getting paid to fight for a living isn't enough to cut out the weed from your life then stay out of the sport and go back to the streets you so avidly try to portray yourself being from.
You have no concept of what the sport has become then. UFC is about making money. He will most likely never get kicked out by Dana. Chances are the UFC will stick by him and allow him to fight ASAP when he's back. He spends most of his day training himself and youths, not some thug you are made to believe from the TV.

Last edited by fm8418; 02-09-2012 at 08:30 PM.
Old 02-10-2012, 07:18 PM   #68 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fm8418 View Post
You have no concept of what the sport has become then. UFC is about making money. He will most likely never get kicked out by Dana. Chances are the UFC will stick by him and allow him to fight ASAP when he's back. He spends most of his day training himself and youths, not some thug you are made to believe from the TV.
Bro, just stop. This guy won't get it no matter how hard you try to beat it into him. He's like the people who think the gimmicks they see on pro wrestling are real.
wakigatame is offline   Reply With Quote