Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > MMA - Mixed Martial Arts

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2012, 05:28 PM   #26 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,655
Default

You know that really blows. I booked an entire trip and bought tickets all around that main event fight. The rest of the card is SICK but after going to the Overeem Lesnar fight I have been waiting for this fight since then. Really bummed out. Hope his "B" test tests negative and he won't be dropped from the card.
Bryanjs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 05:45 PM   #27 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 3,273
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanjs14 View Post
You know that really blows. I booked an entire trip and bought tickets all around that main event fight. The rest of the card is SICK but after going to the Overeem Lesnar fight I have been waiting for this fight since then. Really bummed out. Hope his "B" test tests negative and he won't be dropped from the card.
No way the B test will. You seen that guy, hes mamoth. Hes on all kinds of roids. Go google what he used to look like when he was lightheavyweight and now. You cant tell me that he aint in roids.
ufcwecfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 05:58 PM   #28 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,655
Default

Dude I don't need to google anything, I used to watch him when he was a light heavyweight. I'm interested to see who they decide will fight JDS. No one really deserves a shot right now IMO
Bryanjs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 06:06 PM   #29 (permalink)
Member
 
Zerokruel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 6,487
Default

Wow, this is horrible! I just read the article. I was looking forward to this fight. I hope they find a good replacement.
__________________
Currently looking for the following comic Books:
United Comics: 21,22,23,24,26
Tip Top: 173 & 184
Peanuts 1 (1953)
Peanuts: 1-4 (1963-64)
Zerokruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 06:13 PM   #30 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,655
Default

Mir or Cain are the only logical replacements IMO but neither really excite me, especially Mir.
Bryanjs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 06:15 PM   #31 (permalink)
Member
 
Zerokruel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 6,487
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanjs14 View Post
Mir or Cain are the only logical replacements IMO but neither really excite me, especially Mir.
I read a good argument somewhere for Hunt. He does have a hell of a chin!

I would rather see Mir over Cain, just something different.
__________________
Currently looking for the following comic Books:
United Comics: 21,22,23,24,26
Tip Top: 173 & 184
Peanuts 1 (1953)
Peanuts: 1-4 (1963-64)
Zerokruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 06:18 PM   #32 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 3,273
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerokruel View Post
I read a good argument somewhere for Hunt. He does have a hell of a chin!

I would rather see Mir over Cain, just something different.
I agree. Mir should have another shot. He won like 3-4 str8 fights.
ufcwecfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 06:41 PM   #33 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Alliance NE (not by choice)
Posts: 6,571
Default

Man, you started a thread looking to argue. What a twit. I do think Dos Santos will win the fight but I wont be shocked at all if Overeem wins either. The Heavyweight class is a toss up. Nobody is a ton better than anybody else. It only takes 1 punch, especially in this weight class
BroncosFAN#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 08:05 PM   #34 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 3,273
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosFAN#1 View Post
Man, you started a thread looking to argue. What a twit. I do think Dos Santos will win the fight but I wont be shocked at all if Overeem wins either. The Heavyweight class is a toss up. Nobody is a ton better than anybody else. It only takes 1 punch, especially in this weight class
I think u came in looking for a fight troll. Big matchip why shouldnt there be a thread? Btw learn whats going on before u start trolling cuz they aint even fighting no mo.
ufcwecfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:25 PM   #35 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,655
Default

Mark hunt is 3-6 in his last 9 fights. He needs 2-3 more fights minimum before getting a title shot. I hate Mir so the only reason I would get excited to see him fight JDS is to see JDS prob knock him out cold.

Honestly I don't think there is a single heavyweight that is deserving of a title shot right now. Everyone is a minimum 1 fight away from it. Kind of sucks.

Also "they ain't fighting no mo" is not accurate in the least. Nothing has been canceled yet, Overeem can appeal, he can go before the NSAC, he can ask for them to test the second sample. It is NOT a canceled fight YET.
Bryanjs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 11:19 PM   #36 (permalink)
Member
 
tdaddy1979's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 175
Default

I think a Mir/JDS fight would be pretty good. Lets not forget that Mir has held the belt before and he is the only heavyweight on the fight card other than JDS that is coming off a win. Plus after his last come from behind win, I would like to see how he fares against the champ.
__________________
My Bucket: http://s1235.photobucket.com/albums/ff438/quadrcrx/

Collecting Seahawks!!
tdaddy1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 09:41 AM   #37 (permalink)
Member
 
jubei777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,631
Default

Oh man, failed his drug test. One more chance but no guarantee that Nevada will give him a license to fight. Let's see who the replacement will be...
jubei777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 09:58 AM   #38 (permalink)
Member
 
fm8418's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: ohio
Posts: 6,206
Send a message via AIM to fm8418
Default

How can you hate Mir? He atleast makes people interested in his fights
fm8418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 11:25 AM   #39 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,655
Default

Just never liked him, personal opinion. His fights are boring to me. The Nogueira one was good, but I know that he will never be a champion quality fighter again, so his fights never interest me.
Bryanjs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 11:32 AM   #40 (permalink)
Member
 
Zerokruel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 6,487
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fm8418 View Post
How can you hate Mir? He atleast makes people interested in his fights
I use to be a huge Mir fan. But he became a douche when Brock entered the UFC. I think he has stepped it down a bit, but I like his new found dedication.
__________________
Currently looking for the following comic Books:
United Comics: 21,22,23,24,26
Tip Top: 173 & 184
Peanuts 1 (1953)
Peanuts: 1-4 (1963-64)
Zerokruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 02:34 PM   #41 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 136
Default

^^I was about to say, didn't mir earn a BUNCH of haters with the #@#@#@#@ he talked when brock came in?
rb808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 02:35 PM   #42 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 284
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanjs14 View Post
Just never liked him, personal opinion. His fights are boring to me. The Nogueira one was good, but I know that he will never be a champion quality fighter again, so his fights never interest me.

WOW!!!

Frank Mir is 14-5 in the UFC. Of his 14 wins, 8 wins are by submission, ALL of which were finished inside the first round (including three arm breaks.) (3) wins are KO/TKO, and only (2) wins by decision. In an 11-year career with 21 fights he has only been to a decision 3 times. Also, all 5 loses are first round TKOs which may indicate that he actually comes to fight & doesn't ride fights out. He is also the only man EVER to either submit or tko Big Nog, and he did both. This is ridiculous! Frank Mir may not be your favorite fighter, however, there is no doubt he is one of the most exciting Heavyweights of all time.

Last edited by YakuzaShoeii; 04-05-2012 at 02:37 PM.
YakuzaShoeii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 02:43 PM   #43 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,655
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YakuzaShoeii View Post
WOW!!!

Frank Mir is 14-5 in the UFC. Of his 14 wins, 8 wins are by submission, ALL of which were finished inside the first round (including three arm breaks.) (3) wins are KO/TKO, and only (2) wins by decision. In an 11-year career with 21 fights he has only been to a decision 3 times. Also, all 5 loses are first round TKOs which may indicate that he actually comes to fight & doesn't ride fights out. He is also the only man EVER to either submit or tko Big Nog, and he did both. This is ridiculous! Frank Mir may not be your favorite fighter, however, there is no doubt he is one of the most exciting Heavyweights of all time.
Not a single stat you just posted means anything to me nor will it change MY MIND about Mir. I dont like him, I don't find his fights interesting, I don't think he is exciting to watch fight at all. Notice how the quote you made of mine starts off with PERSONAL OPINION? Boring to ME? I just dont like the guy, the same way I am sure there are fighters you do not care for.
Bryanjs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 10:43 AM   #44 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,655
Default

Oh man. The new rumor is Dan Henderson is interested in the junior fight. That would be freaking AWESOME! I love Hendo
Bryanjs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 02:01 PM   #45 (permalink)
Member
 
Ty Hope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,890
Default

If Hendo gets the fight and wins, he can retire as the greatest ever. How could anyone possibly say otherwise?
Ty Hope is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 04:14 PM   #46 (permalink)
Member
 
Zerokruel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 6,487
Default

Hep would be a good fight. Got a solid chin and he would throw bombs too!
__________________
Currently looking for the following comic Books:
United Comics: 21,22,23,24,26
Tip Top: 173 & 184
Peanuts 1 (1953)
Peanuts: 1-4 (1963-64)
Zerokruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 04:34 PM   #47 (permalink)
Member
 
vinson24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 181
Default

The Underground is pushing for Hunt but I just don't think that the UFC would be able to sell PPV's with that being the main event...

Dana said that Mir and Cain are going to fight which leads me to think that they are going to wait on the B sample and if the results are the same put Hendo against JDS.

I think Dan could do well in the first round but he likes to stand and bang and that would lead to him getting caught just like he did against Anderson because his striking is nowhere near the level of JDS
__________________
Collect J.D. Martinez
Own all non 1/1's of J.D. Martinez
http://s1142.photobucket.com/albums/n609/vinson2424/Baseball/
vinson24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 05:28 PM   #48 (permalink)
Member
 
imbaked247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: San Diego
Posts: 4,340
Default

I personally would like to see Cain get the rematch since the first fight was not much of a fight at all.And he was coming back from getting his shoulder fixed.Mir has looked good against fighters on the back end of their careers and against Mirko he looked horrible win or not.
imbaked247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 12:38 PM   #49 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 3,273
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by imbaked247 View Post
I personally would like to see Cain get the rematch since the first fight was not much of a fight at all.And he was coming back from getting his shoulder fixed.Mir has looked good against fighters on the back end of their careers and against Mirko he looked horrible win or not.
He ko cro cop. How is that bad?
ufcwecfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 06:28 PM   #50 (permalink)
Member
 
imbaked247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: San Diego
Posts: 4,340
Default

Watch the fight
imbaked247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.