Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > MMA - Mixed Martial Arts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2012, 12:44 AM   #51 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by imbaked247 View Post
Watch the fight
I seen it. He ko him boss status. Why cuz it took all 3 rounds to do it?
ufcwecfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 02:50 PM   #52 (permalink)

dude compare mirko's stand up to jds and tell me you honestly think Mir can pull that off your lying
imbaked247 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 03:18 PM   #53 (permalink)

didnt Mir pretty much get knocked out by nog , then catch him in a sub to win ?
Old 04-09-2012, 04:22 PM   #54 (permalink)

+1 to both of the lasts posts. UFCWECFan just because someone gets a KO doesn't make it "boss status" he looked horrible against a very aged Mirko. Also yes, Nog caught Mir a couple times before Mir secured the submission, and same way Brock knocked him down twice before he got his ankle the first time they fought. Mir is NOT that great anymore, and honestly has not been since the accident. He is not top of the weight class, and he has no chance at getting the belt again, that is why I don't like him, his fights mean nothing because he might get an upset here and there, but he will never make it back to the top so other than playing upsetter his fights just don't interest me.

Also the UFC filed on behalf of Overeem for a license for the fight in May. So he will have to go before the NSAC later this month and explain his story for the elevated testosterone. I think it will either be him or Hendo fighting for the belt, and I would be happy seeing either.
Bryanjs14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 11:01 PM   #55 (permalink)

mir would get smashed by jds, i doubt they'll break the cain fight. cain will destroy mir.. a cain rematch would be better. my picks would either be henderson, hunt or why not bring in someone like cormier and give him a gateway titleshot fight?
rb808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 06:41 AM   #56 (permalink)

Hunt would actually be a very dangerous fight for JDS. He has one of the best chins in mma history, his standup is top notch, and hits like a truck.
Ty Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 09:11 AM   #57 (permalink)

They cannot bring in Cormier, because that would not be fair to Bartnett, and they already have an entire PPV event around those two finally completing the heavyweight tournament and tickets have already been sold. Can't break up an event that people have already paid for.

Hunt does NOT deserve a title shot. Dude is 3-6 in his last 9 fights. He might be on a little run, but not nearly enough to warrant a title. Dana said on twitter that Mir Cain will not be broken up, so to me that means it is Overeem or Hendo only.
Old 04-10-2012, 10:44 AM   #58 (permalink)

Newsflash, Brock didn't deserve his shot either.
Old 04-10-2012, 12:19 PM   #59 (permalink)

The difference is Brock was already a household name, internationally known figure, who the UFC was paying more than $500k per fight. Mark Hunt is a nobody to anyone outside of MMA. Brock Lesnar can be put on the PPV main event and sell PPV's to people who don't even watch MMA, Mark Hunt can't.

The UFC was widely criticized by MMA FANS when he got his title shot. No he didn't deserve it, but him getting it made the organization more mainstream. They would never EVER EVER EVER 1000x EVER give Mark Hunt the fight after only 4 fights in the UFC, only two of which was even on the main card. It is a pipe dream for the people campaigning for it. The UFC will give someone the fight that will actually sell PPV's. Hendo will sell PPV's. Overeem will sell PPV's. Brock Lesnar sold the HELL out of PPV's. 8-7 Mark Hunt will not sell PPV's
Old 04-10-2012, 03:28 PM   #60 (permalink)

I have a feeling if Overeem doesnt end up fighting JDS then knowing Dana and the back and forth with Hendo he might feed him to JDS just to shut him up and more then likely KO'D.I would be happy to see the fight but Hendo is a undersized HW and Overeem would prolly have to walk on water before he gets the fight.Mir vs Cain will decide next contender, but like I stated I would love to see JDS vs Cain that first fight wasnt a fight at all.
imbaked247 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 04:08 PM   #61 (permalink)

Yeah and nothing leads me to believe JDS vs Cain will be much different.

Hendo is absolutely undersized, but so was Randy. Hendo even more than him but that doesn't always matter. Dare I bring up Peteuzelli vs Kimbo? 58lb difference. All it takes is one punch. If I was Hendo there is no way I would want to fight Jones or Anderson... Those two guys are just on another level. JDS even with the size disadvantage seems like his best choice.
Old 04-11-2012, 12:58 AM   #62 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanjs14 View Post
The difference is Brock was already a household name, internationally known figure, who the UFC was paying more than $500k per fight. Mark Hunt is a nobody to anyone outside of MMA. Brock Lesnar can be put on the PPV main event and sell PPV's to people who don't even watch MMA, Mark Hunt can't.

The UFC was widely criticized by MMA FANS when he got his title shot. No he didn't deserve it, but him getting it made the organization more mainstream. They would never EVER EVER EVER 1000x EVER give Mark Hunt the fight after only 4 fights in the UFC, only two of which was even on the main card. It is a pipe dream for the people campaigning for it. The UFC will give someone the fight that will actually sell PPV's. Hendo will sell PPV's. Overeem will sell PPV's. Brock Lesnar sold the HELL out of PPV's. 8-7 Mark Hunt will not sell PPV's
Of course, but the argument was whether or not it was deserved, not how many PPV's are sold. Hunt is a K-1 champion. That alone makes him more deserving than Brock was at the time.

K-1 champion > WWE champion
Old 04-11-2012, 04:56 AM   #63 (permalink)

^^Agreed with Ty. mark hunt is not a nobody... dude, you should've seen how excited my dad was when he found out hunt was fighting for the ufc.. You may not have been following K1, but K1 was big here and in many other places.. Mark hunt would sell without a question if they were to set up another event in japan, hawaii, australia, NZ, basically anywhere but an arena full of american haters.. I do agree it would be quick for him to jump to the main event, BUT he's a lot more deserving than a lot of people who actually got title shots in the past.

I would actually consider this, though.. Mark Hunt is like a foot shorter than struve (his next fight) BUT if he puts struve down too, give him the winner of cain vs. mir for the next shot at JDS. MIR DOES NOT deserve a title shot, especially after getting beat down by the guy who just got beat down by the contender who's being replaced. No way. Not to mention, Mir got lucky against nog, if Nogueira hadn't stopped beating on him and went for that dumb submission, it would've been a TKO loss on Mir's record for sure. I can't stress enough how glad I am that they aren't breaking the cain and mir fight for this.. Cain maybe, but I do NOT wanna see mir get another title shot unless he legit smashes some top guys. The only reason I kinda wanted to see that fight happen at first is because I wanted to see Junior put Mir to sleep.
Old 04-11-2012, 05:22 AM   #64 (permalink)

In normal circumstances, I do agree that Hunt is not in line for a shot (yet). The UFC needs a quick fix right now though, and I feel he may be the best choice. Mir and Cain is happening and the rest of the HWs are also on that card. Who else do you have? Congo? lol Hendo is fine by me, but you have a whole new set of reasons why he shouldnt get it either. Cancel the fight entirely? I guess that is an option but would piss a lot of people off.
Old 04-11-2012, 07:26 AM   #65 (permalink)

Nope, Dana said Junior WILL be fighting on the memorial day card on twitter. So the fight isnt getting canceled.

It's Overeem or Hendo IMO. I just don't see anyone else getting the fight.
Old 04-11-2012, 07:42 AM   #66 (permalink)

Yeah they've always been able to find good replacements in the past, but damn, this is one tough one.. There really is nobody else in the division at the moment who should be getting a title shot.. Junior has already beat down the last champ and interim champ too lol.. Best option would be to give overeem back the fight, but piss test and fine the hell outta him.. Lol.. I think junior will knock the juice outta him anyway.. Dos santos boxing speed and movement are enough to beat him down.. I'll give him a slight edge in the standup, and Overeem definitely doesn't wanna go to the ground (judging by his last strikeforce fight against werdum)
Old 04-11-2012, 07:52 AM   #67 (permalink)

Overeem never lost the fight. As of right now that is who JDS is fighting. The UFC filed for Overeems license and he will have to go before the NSAC later this month and explain his test results before they will issue him one. As of right now, he is fighting JDS, and I imagine that until that day he has to go in front of the commission (April 27 I think?) we won't be hearing any different.
Old 04-11-2012, 09:02 AM   #68 (permalink)

If Overeem gets the fight there are no problems. With the case against him though there is a strong possibility he won't be licensed.

The only realistic alternate options I see are Hendo, Hunt, or maybe Werdum. No one wants this to happen, but it is how things are looking.