Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > MMA - Mixed Martial Arts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2012, 12:29 AM   #1 (permalink)
Banned

Default Overeem vs J.D.S Heavyweight Title

Lets get it started. All you will be on the overeem banwagon after knocking out a WWE Fighter!! Doubt my boy JDS! Jds will win this fight.

JDS has not only better standup but better ground. Ivereem mashed out Brock. But anyone remeber this guy calked werdum? Overeem went 5 rounds with this bumb and cldnt knock him out. Overeem will look slow vs JDS. OVERREM 11 fight win streak ends here to JDS.

So all u overeem fans will be jumpin off the train in a lil bit!

AND STILL UFC HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMP JUNIOR DOS SANTOOOOOOOOOOS!!!!
ufcwecfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 12:55 AM   #2 (permalink)

ha, JDS has better stand up? never has he ever had a better stand up game. ever heard of K-1? educate yourself, cause Overeem is basically the baddest striker in the world at heavyweight and it's not even close. i would think that JDS best shot is to finally show off that BJJ skill he gets training with the Nogeira brothers. All things considered, I think Overeem wins by TKO inside of 3 rounds.

any thoughts on Mir vs. Velasquez on the undercard? I'm torn as to who I think or want to win that one.
Old 03-30-2012, 01:51 AM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by screamingdc View Post
ha, JDS has better stand up? never has he ever had a better stand up game. ever heard of K-1? educate yourself, cause Overeem is basically the baddest striker in the world at heavyweight and it's not even close. i would think that JDS best shot is to finally show off that BJJ skill he gets training with the Nogeira brothers. All things considered, I think Overeem wins by TKO inside of 3 rounds.

any thoughts on Mir vs. Velasquez on the undercard? I'm torn as to who I think or want to win that one.
Here they come. Oh educated k-1? Thats when he was a light heavyweight getting knocked out by Chuck liddell!! Im very educated and like i said this dude couldnt barely beat wurdoom or however u spell his name....JDS yes has better standup. Overeem will be too slow.

I think cain gets er done. However i would like to see Mir Rebound with a big win!
Old 03-30-2012, 02:10 AM   #4 (permalink)

when he was a lhw, huh? how about recently as a heavyweight when he won the K1 World Grand Prix, and has beaten guys like Aearts and Hari. he's actually done a lot of K-1 since leaving light heavyweight, so look up some current stuff.

not saying JDS doesn't have impressive standup because he does, it's just not on the level of Overeem.
Old 03-30-2012, 02:16 AM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
when he was a lhw, huh? how about recently as a heavyweight when he won the K1 World Grand Prix, and has beaten guys like Aearts and Hari. he's actually done a lot of K-1 since leaving light heavyweight, so look up some current stuff.

not saying JDS doesn't have impressive standup because he does, it's just not on the level of Overeem.
Oh i have seen them. Look at those 2 names u dropped. There bums.
Overerm has lots of exp. But he never fought anyone in any weight class like JDS!
Old 03-30-2012, 03:31 AM   #6 (permalink)

Im looking more forward to the mir fight. Im excited for this
Old 03-30-2012, 08:23 AM   #7 (permalink)

I like overeem, but I believe JDS is much faster than overeem. I called it since the werdum fight, he WILL become champion.. Everybody said he wasn't good enough to beat cain and look, 1 minute KO! Lol. I've seen overeems long history of fights too.. as impressive as his history is, I'm pretty damn sure JDS is here to stay.
rb808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 08:41 AM   #8 (permalink)

K-1 is kickboxing. JDS is the best boxing heavyweight out there right now. I believe his stand up is actually better than Overeem, and I really like Overeem so that is hard for me to say. This fight is a coin flip, and the betting odds reflect that. Overeem is just barely an underdog at +130. All I know is this entire card cannot come soon enough! This is going to be a GREAT freaking card top to bottom. There are 3 or 4 undercard fights that would normally be on a PPV card. It is STACKED.
Bryanjs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 09:34 AM   #9 (permalink)

If Overeem can use his low kicks and knees in the clinch, he'll dominate the fight IMO. JDS has a better ground game?? Doubt that very much.
Ty Hope is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 09:35 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufcwecfan View Post
Oh i have seen them. Look at those 2 names u dropped. There bums.
Overerm has lots of exp. But he never fought anyone in any weight class like JDS!

You just called Peter Aerts, one of the greatest and most decorated kick boxers in history, a bum? Just wow...
Old 03-30-2012, 09:57 AM   #11 (permalink)

This debate can go on forever. JDS is an awesome fighter but I just don't see him beating Overeem. The experience that Overeem has on his side as well as the undefeated streak at a heavyweight is more than enough to beat JDS. I think he's going to make JDS look silly in this fight. JDS has to hit Overeem harder than he was hitting Roy Nelson.

Overeem by KO in the second round
guamfinfan151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 05:34 PM   #12 (permalink)

Just to clarify, kicking is still part of the stand up game. If you are saying pure boxing, then yeah JDS has an advantage. But last I checked, based on overall stand up game, including kickboxing, then it's Overeem by a wide margin. And to call Aerts and Hari bums, well just goes to show what you really know. And MMAth never works so even though Werdum is the common opponent, that's moot. Rashad Evans beats Rampage who beats Machida so using logic Rashad should have beaten Machida. Ha! Anyways, bottom line is the match will play out however but to make some assumptions and diss Overeems accomplishments is foolish. Anybody willing to make a friendly avatar/sig wager or even a money bet, then I'll gladly back Overeem.
Old 03-30-2012, 07:53 PM   #13 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty Hope View Post
If Overeem can use his low kicks and knees in the clinch, he'll dominate the fight IMO. JDS has a better ground game?? Doubt that very much.
So u think Jds is just gonna let him grab him and throw knees like he did to brock?? No Fcn way! He comes in for a clinch Jds will dirty box his face off. Low kicks wont do anything. Jds ground has come a long way and yes with overeems age i think Jds Ground is better.
Old 03-30-2012, 07:54 PM   #14 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Just to clarify, kicking is still part of the stand up game. If you are saying pure boxing, then yeah JDS has an advantage. But last I checked, based on overall stand up game, including kickboxing, then it's Overeem by a wide margin. And to call Aerts and Hari bums, well just goes to show what you really know. And MMAth never works so even though Werdum is the common opponent, that's moot. Rashad Evans beats Rampage who beats Machida so using logic Rashad should have beaten Machida. Ha! Anyways, bottom line is the match will play out however but to make some assumptions and diss Overeems accomplishments is foolish. Anybody willing to make a friendly avatar/sig wager or even a money bet, then I'll gladly back Overeem.

How much my friend? Or we can offer cards. Up to u.
Old 03-31-2012, 12:53 AM   #15 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
how much my friend? Or we can offer cards. Up to u.
i'll take you up on the bet, what you got to put up?
JOHNJOHNNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 02:19 AM   #16 (permalink)

I really don't even see this fight as being close to be honest. I like JDS, but Reem is going to KO him within 2 IMO.
It is MMA though and anything can happen. Time will tell. The fans will be the winners for this one!
Old 04-01-2012, 10:47 PM   #17 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNJOHNNY View Post
i'll take you up on the bet, what you got to put up?
Since we keepin it friendly $25 paypal?
Old 04-01-2012, 11:54 PM   #18 (permalink)

I will also take JDS. His timing, speed and range is on point.. He can definately win.
rb808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 02:06 AM   #19 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
since we keepin it friendly $25 paypal?
we doing straight win /loss, or ko, tko.
JOHNJOHNNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 08:42 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Lets get it started. All you will be on the overeem banwagon after knocking out a WWE Fighter!! Doubt my boy JDS! Jds will win this fight.

JDS has not only better standup but better ground. Ivereem mashed out Brock. But anyone remeber this guy calked werdum? Overeem went 5 rounds with this bumb and cldnt knock him out. Overeem will look slow vs JDS. OVERREM 11 fight win streak ends here to JDS.

So all u overeem fans will be jumpin off the train in a lil bit!

AND STILL UFC HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMP JUNIOR DOS SANTOOOOOOOOOOS!!!!
werdum a bumb ? ha ha ok . overreem will win tis fight as soon as he introduced jds to his knee
mma138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 12:50 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
How much my friend? Or we can offer cards. Up to u.
i wish i had access to my UFC cards or else I'd put up my JDS relic/auto for an Overeem auto.

for now, $25 paypal sounds good. you down? straight up win/loss, i'll take Overeem, you got JDS.
Old 04-03-2012, 02:21 AM   #22 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
i wish i had access to my UFC cards or else I'd put up my JDS relic/auto for an Overeem auto.

for now, $25 paypal sounds good. you down? straight up win/loss, i'll take Overeem, you got JDS.

Bet! No money lines. Str8 up $25 paypal.
Old 04-03-2012, 05:44 AM   #23 (permalink)
bas

Cant wait 4 this, think overeems best shot is leg kicks but he doesnt have a great chin and if jds hits ya u better have one so id say jds by ko, some1 wrote bout rampage beating machida man that was a crap decision
Old 04-03-2012, 06:17 AM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Bet! No money lines. Str8 up $25 paypal.
#@#@#@#@!! I'll take that bet also. if your down?? I got Overeem all the way on this. LMK PM me if you wanna take this bet.
guamfinfan151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 04:48 PM   #25 (permalink)
Banned

Looks like there will be no bet! Overeem failed drug test!! Most likely kicked out tge UFC. Lmao! Told u guys sell his stuff!!