Blowout Cards Forums
Retail Rummage

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > MMA - Mixed Martial Arts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2012, 07:15 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default who is filling in for Testostoreem at 146?

????????????????

i collect basketball patch cards..

Last edited by bettydaw1970; 04-19-2012 at 11:23 PM.
bettydaw1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 08:09 PM   #2 (permalink)

Nobody because as of today he is fighting JDS. We will know next week when he has to go before the NSAC for his license application of they will grant him one or not.

If he doesn't get the license then it'll be Hendo
Bryanjs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 08:59 PM   #3 (permalink)

Werdum is the most likely candidate at this point IMO.
Ty Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 09:22 PM   #4 (permalink)

They are gonna put Mir Cain and JDS all in the cage for the 1st ever battle royal 3 man match !
imbaked247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 11:23 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanjs14 View Post
Nobody because as of today he is fighting JDS. We will know next week when he has to go before the NSAC for his license application of they will grant him one or not.

If he doesn't get the license then it'll be Hendo
great another hgh user..

Old 04-20-2012, 02:56 AM   #6 (permalink)

^^HEndo does the treatments legally and the way they're supposed to be done.. He's a middle-aged man who doesn't heal like he did in his 20s (hell, he doesn't even have a grill) I think if there is ANYONE qualified for TRT it's hendo after all those years of beatings he's taken

Also looking for Michelle Wie "Award Winners" auto
rb808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 09:31 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rb808 View Post
^^HEndo does the treatments legally and the way they're supposed to be done.. He's a middle-aged man who doesn't heal like he did in his 20s (hell, he doesn't even have a grill) I think if there is ANYONE qualified for TRT it's hendo after all those years of beatings he's taken

i admire hendo, i really do, because he was so awesome and such a right hand, before he ever touched the stuff..

its just my own thing with PEDS, i dispise them,. i have such a passion for the sport and its purity..peds are just lie to me..

Old 04-21-2012, 12:33 AM   #8 (permalink)

Frank Mir is.
Swingin' for the fences, barbaric Kendrick in idle time
Kendrick Lamar
FreeMan12406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 07:18 AM   #9 (permalink)

Horrible HORRIBLE choice by the UFC. Just horrible. Guess Dana can never be trusted again as he said on twitter that he WOULD NOT break up the Mir/Cain fight.
Old 04-21-2012, 08:51 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Horrible HORRIBLE choice by the UFC. Just horrible. Guess Dana can never be trusted again as he said on twitter that he WOULD NOT break up the Mir/Cain fight.
You trusted Dana before this? Dont be so silly he has always been the same
Who is Cain gonna fight?
imbaked247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 08:52 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
I really think that Mir is the only deserving choice. Carwin has lost 2 in a row, Big Nog is not an option and Cain just lost to Dos Santos. Unless they were going to give the fight to someone totally undeserving, like Hunt, Struve or Travis Browne there really aren't any other options.

I wonder who they will give to Cain now.
Old 04-21-2012, 10:27 AM   #12 (permalink)

Henderson was a perfectly fine option. Anyone who already spent money on tickets would have been thrilled with that fight. Mir is the most boring fighter on the planet. He just isn't the same since coming back from the accident.

And yeah, 99/100 when Dana said a fight is/isn't happening it held true. He said he would not break up Mir Cain and he did. First time I can personally remember him saying he wouldn't break up a fight and then break it up.
Old 04-21-2012, 10:52 AM   #13 (permalink)

I'd have no problem with Hendo if it wasn't for a title. I'm not a fan of giving someone that doesn't even fight at that weight class a title shot when Mir is very much deserving of another shot.

I like the finishing potential of Mir vs. Dos Santos. Either Dos Santos KOs him quick or Mir will take his arm off, ala Big Nog.
Old 04-21-2012, 11:18 AM   #14 (permalink)

hendo?? who would pay for that fight?? no one ...thats why fracture gets the well deserved title shot! it would be horrible for the ufc to put hendo in a heavyweight title fight.mir has the most realistic chance to win imo.and he will!!!!!!!
mickdapug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 12:38 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Henderson was a perfectly fine option. Anyone who already spent money on tickets would have been thrilled with that fight. Mir is the most boring fighter on the planet. He just isn't the same since coming back from the accident.
I'm sorry, I really try and not debate MMA on here just because it's so near and dear to my heart. And if you guys really want to talk MMA, go to MMANews.com/forums where I'm a long standing member.

But to what you said, you couldn't be more off the mark. Since his accident in 2004, he is 8-3 with 6 of those wins coming by stoppage. He also won the interim UFC HW title in that run. Also during this time he became the only man to KO Big Nog and then the only man to submit Big Nog. His fight with Cro Cop wasn't the most exciting but that could be chalked up to styles making fights more so than anything.

Frank Mir is the most deserving fighter on the Zuffa roster right now, hands down no argument. That's just the way it is.
Swingin' for the fences, barbaric Kendrick in idle time
Kendrick Lamar
FreeMan12406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 12:59 PM   #16 (permalink)

His record does not reflect anything. He is boring as hell. With the exception of him snapping Nogs arm, I have not seen ONE Mir fight that I was excited for. The guy is just not fun to watch, and he crumbles whenever he gets to a big fight. JDS will destroy him, he has ZERO chance of beating him (actually if you want to go by vegas odds he has about a 15% chance). Its just a boring ass fight. I know the outcome, With Overeem it was a cointoss, with Hendo at least you are getting to see a true legend fight, hell even Cain I would have said would be a close coinflip. Mir has NO chance to beat JDS. Its a waste of a fight, and it doesn't interest me in the slightest. It is my opinion, and spouting his record isn't going to change how I feel about him. I don't like him for the same reasons I don't like Koscheck, or Fitch, or even Randy Couture. Their fights just do not interest me in the slightest.

The people he has beaten just don't warrant a title fight in my eyes. He couldn't beat Brock, he couldn't beat Carwin, he BARELY beat a SICK Big Nog to win the interim belt, and then yeah, he broke his arm. Nog is way past his prime, and has been for quite some time, he was beating the crap out of Mir until Mir got lucky. It was bound to happen at some point in Nogs career. He barely beat a very old and also past his prime Mirko Cro Cop, and he decisioned Roy Nelson in a boring 3 rounder. How exactly can you say this guys fights are exciting or that he deserves a shot at the belt for the FOURTH time since 2008. Its a joke. He was fighting Cain for a reason. Neither of those guys was deserving until one of them beat the other.

Last edited by Bryanjs14; 04-21-2012 at 01:07 PM.
Old 04-21-2012, 01:46 PM   #17 (permalink)
Banned

Mir earned his shot at this fight. If he gets jds to the mat, it will be trouble!
ufcwecfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 02:09 PM   #18 (permalink)

YAWN!!! Was pumped for Overeem / Dos Santos... no way I'll be hitting the bar to see Mir / Dos Santos. I just can't get excited for a Mir fight. Very disappointed!

Curious who Valesquez will fight now.
Yaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 01:27 AM   #19 (permalink)
Banned

I think Junior Dos Santos will completely destroy Mir by knockout in the first round if Mir even makes it that far. Who knows though in the HW division. 1 punch can finish anybody. I know Brendan Schaub has a chin weaker than a 5 year old girl.
BroncosFAN#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 01:29 AM   #20 (permalink)

Travis Browne vs Cain. Come on Dana make it happen!
Old 04-22-2012, 03:52 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Travis Browne vs Cain. Come on Dana make it happen!
While Griggs isn't near Brownes level I was impressed with him. That double flying knee was impressive. I wouldn't mind seeing him fight one more lesser guy. Someone like Rothwell or the winner of the Johnson Barry fight. Then if he wins that someone like Big Foot Silva, Carwin or Werdum. I think the HW division is stacked enough that you don't have to rush Browne.