Blowout Cards Forums

Blowout Cards Forums (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/)
-   MMA - Mixed Martial Arts (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/mma-mixed-martial-arts/)
-   -   There goes Jon Jones clean boy image! (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/mma-mixed-martial-arts/305545-there-goes-jon-jones-clean-boy-image.html)

Bryanjs14 05-19-2012 02:39 PM

There goes Jon Jones clean boy image!

Whoops!!

[url=http://mmajunkie.com/news/28796/ufc-champion-jon-jones-arrested-on-dui-charge-management-still-gathering-facts.mma]UFC champion Jon Jones arrested on DUI charge, management 'still gathering facts' | MMAjunkie.com[/url]

cowboyzqna 05-19-2012 04:33 PM

He will repint :D

I honestly care less if those guys to some questionable stuff outside of the cage.... they beat people up for a living!

Dui is not cool but he's a kid. It happens. He will learn and probally start a anti drinking and driving campain which is nice.

screamingdc 05-19-2012 09:08 PM

It will be interesting to see if Dana White does anything about this. I mean, a fighter like Miguel Torres goes on a Twitter rant and gets fired (eventually rehired), and even Chael Sonnen got popped for tax evasion or something. And let's not forget Rampage going crazy and having the cops chase him down. Jones doesn't have a history of doing things like this so I think he'll eventually just give a public apology and move on.

Bryanjs14 05-19-2012 09:21 PM

Doubt Dana will do anything. Ross Pearson got popped for DUI last month and fought on a card 2 weeks later

bettydaw1970 05-20-2012 01:35 AM

dont care, we all make mistakes ...as long as he isnt on hgh, which i think he isnt...

cdub6238 05-20-2012 02:32 AM

wonder is "Sugar" Rashad will run his mouth about this or not :devil:

cking 05-20-2012 08:32 AM

[QUOTE=bettydaw1970;2702320][SIZE="4"]dont care, we all make mistakes [/SIZE]...as long as he isnt on hgh, which i think he isnt...[/QUOTE]

Yea, some schmuck made a "mistake" one day and got into his car drunk and ran my co-workers 8 yr. old daughter over, killing her instantly. But hey whats the big deal right? We all make "mistakes". Unreal bro:rolleyes:

jlzinck 05-20-2012 06:14 PM

[QUOTE=cking;2702627]Yea, some schmuck made a "mistake" one day and got into his car drunk and ran my co-workers 8 yr. old daughter over, killing her instantly. But hey whats the big deal right? We all make "mistakes". Unreal bro:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

QFMFT!!!!!

newton615 05-21-2012 12:55 AM

he didnt kill anyone he just did something stupid. if he ran over an 8 year old girl itd be a completely different story but he didnt so theres no comparison. as far as getting fired or suspended i dont think that would happen, itd be like the nba banning kyrie irving or baseball banning bryce harper

bettydaw1970 05-21-2012 03:44 AM

[QUOTE=cking;2702627]Yea, some schmuck made a "mistake" one day and got into his car drunk and ran my co-workers 8 yr. old daughter over, killing her instantly. But hey whats the big deal right? We all make "mistakes". Unreal bro:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

yes I condone driving drunk:rolleyes:

Razorsharp79 05-21-2012 09:25 AM

[QUOTE=newton615;2706945]he didnt kill anyone he just did something stupid. if he ran over an 8 year old girl itd be a completely different story but he didnt so theres no comparison. as far as getting fired or suspended i dont think that would happen, itd be like the nba banning kyrie irving or baseball banning bryce harper[/QUOTE]

You may get behind the wheel 100 times drunk and make it home safe. However, that one time what happens when you run over a little girl, or hit a family of 5 and kill both parents, so is that when you start to address the issue? After the damage has been done? Just because he did not kill anyone does not make the issue any better or to pass it off as acting stupidly is absurd.

twoten01 05-21-2012 11:50 AM

[QUOTE=cowboyzqna;2700091]He will repint :D

I honestly care less if those guys to some questionable stuff outside of the cage.... they beat people up for a living!

Dui is not cool but he's a kid. It happens. He will learn and probally start a anti drinking and driving campain which is nice.[/QUOTE]

When is being 24 still a kid, He is a grown ass man, who does not care about the lives of others.

someone needs to hire an money manager as well, when he probably hasn't made more than $2 mil and he is spending $300k on car, wont be long until he is like Tyson

UFC Rulez 05-23-2012 10:56 AM

[QUOTE=twoten01;2707749]When is being 24 still a kid, He is a grown ass man, who does not care about the lives of others.

someone needs to hire an money manager as well, when he probably hasn't made more than $2 mil and he is spending $300k on car, wont be long until he is like Tyson[/QUOTE]

You honestly don't think he has made $2 Mill.?? Be for real the Commercials with Dana and Budlight prob. made him even more then that. He prob. paid for the car with paychecks from the Evans and Machida fight. Young people make stupid decisions and he is very young. The bad part is he prob. hangs out with like 10 other people one of those people couldn't have been a Des. driver?

Bryanjs14 05-23-2012 05:27 PM

I will chime in an say that Jon Jones drove the same car since he was 16 (thats the story anyways) until he bought the Bently. Still dumb in my mind to spend 300k on a car, but I guess when you become successful you have to treat yourself to something nice.

FookWoo 05-25-2012 08:22 AM

The UFC constantly reminds all their fighters to be model employees...and enforces it by suspending and/or terminating a fighter when $#!% happens...but they aren't as consistent with enforcement as the fighters are with making mistakes...and i do suspect that it is dependent on whether a particular fighter is a big ticket-seller or not...

nick diaz gets suspended for a year for smoking prescribed weed 8 days before a fight, but chael sonnen gets a pass for his prescribed test shots...