Blowout Cards Forums
Blaster Master

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > MMA - Mixed Martial Arts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2012, 02:39 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default There goes Jon Jones clean boy image!

Whoops!!

UFC champion Jon Jones arrested on DUI charge, management 'still gathering facts' | MMAjunkie.com
Bryanjs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 04:33 PM   #2 (permalink)

He will repint

I honestly care less if those guys to some questionable stuff outside of the cage.... they beat people up for a living!

Dui is not cool but he's a kid. It happens. He will learn and probally start a anti drinking and driving campain which is nice.
Old 05-19-2012, 09:08 PM   #3 (permalink)

It will be interesting to see if Dana White does anything about this. I mean, a fighter like Miguel Torres goes on a Twitter rant and gets fired (eventually rehired), and even Chael Sonnen got popped for tax evasion or something. And let's not forget Rampage going crazy and having the cops chase him down. Jones doesn't have a history of doing things like this so I think he'll eventually just give a public apology and move on.
Old 05-19-2012, 09:21 PM   #4 (permalink)

Doubt Dana will do anything. Ross Pearson got popped for DUI last month and fought on a card 2 weeks later
Old 05-20-2012, 01:35 AM   #5 (permalink)

dont care, we all make mistakes ...as long as he isnt on hgh, which i think he isnt...

i collect basketball patch cards..
bettydaw1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 02:32 AM   #6 (permalink)

wonder is "Sugar" Rashad will run his mouth about this or not
cdub6238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 08:32 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettydaw1970 View Post
dont care, we all make mistakes ...as long as he isnt on hgh, which i think he isnt...
Yea, some schmuck made a "mistake" one day and got into his car drunk and ran my co-workers 8 yr. old daughter over, killing her instantly. But hey whats the big deal right? We all make "mistakes". Unreal bro
Old 05-20-2012, 06:14 PM   #8 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post
Yea, some schmuck made a "mistake" one day and got into his car drunk and ran my co-workers 8 yr. old daughter over, killing her instantly. But hey whats the big deal right? We all make "mistakes". Unreal bro
QFMFT!!!!!

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jon-s-box-breaks-and-more
jlzinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 12:55 AM   #9 (permalink)

he didnt kill anyone he just did something stupid. if he ran over an 8 year old girl itd be a completely different story but he didnt so theres no comparison. as far as getting fired or suspended i dont think that would happen, itd be like the nba banning kyrie irving or baseball banning bryce harper
Old 05-21-2012, 03:44 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post
yes I condone driving drunk

i collect basketball patch cards..
bettydaw1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 09:25 AM   #11 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by newton615 View Post
he didnt kill anyone he just did something stupid. if he ran over an 8 year old girl itd be a completely different story but he didnt so theres no comparison. as far as getting fired or suspended i dont think that would happen, itd be like the nba banning kyrie irving or baseball banning bryce harper
You may get behind the wheel 100 times drunk and make it home safe. However, that one time what happens when you run over a little girl, or hit a family of 5 and kill both parents, so is that when you start to address the issue? After the damage has been done? Just because he did not kill anyone does not make the issue any better or to pass it off as acting stupidly is absurd.
Razorsharp79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 11:50 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyzqna View Post
He will repint

I honestly care less if those guys to some questionable stuff outside of the cage.... they beat people up for a living!

Dui is not cool but he's a kid. It happens. He will learn and probally start a anti drinking and driving campain which is nice.
When is being 24 still a kid, He is a grown ass man, who does not care about the lives of others.

someone needs to hire an money manager as well, when he probably hasn't made more than $2 mil and he is spending $300k on car, wont be long until he is like Tyson
twoten01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 10:56 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoten01 View Post
When is being 24 still a kid, He is a grown ass man, who does not care about the lives of others.

someone needs to hire an money manager as well, when he probably hasn't made more than $2 mil and he is spending $300k on car, wont be long until he is like Tyson
You honestly don't think he has made $2 Mill.?? Be for real the Commercials with Dana and Budlight prob. made him even more then that. He prob. paid for the car with paychecks from the Evans and Machida fight. Young people make stupid decisions and he is very young. The bad part is he prob. hangs out with like 10 other people one of those people couldn't have been a Des. driver?

My Bucket
http://s11.photobucket.com/albums/a193/SAbbott/
UFC Rulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 05:27 PM   #14 (permalink)

I will chime in an say that Jon Jones drove the same car since he was 16 (thats the story anyways) until he bought the Bently. Still dumb in my mind to spend 300k on a car, but I guess when you become successful you have to treat yourself to something nice.
Old 05-25-2012, 08:22 AM   #15 (permalink)

The UFC constantly reminds all their fighters to be model employees...and enforces it by suspending and/or terminating a fighter when $#!% happens...but they aren't as consistent with enforcement as the fighters are with making mistakes...and i do suspect that it is dependent on whether a particular fighter is a big ticket-seller or not...

nick diaz gets suspended for a year for smoking prescribed weed 8 days before a fight, but chael sonnen gets a pass for his prescribed test shots...
FookWoo is offline   Reply With Quote