Blowout Cards Forums
Holiday Madness

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > MMA - Mixed Martial Arts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2012, 01:41 AM   #51 (permalink)

Damn ...
Old 07-08-2012, 04:07 AM   #52 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickdapug View Post
heres my cain...ill take silva..you got sonnen ..straight up for cain and mir..cool?
Im a man of my word the Mir is yours!
imbaked247 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 12:00 PM   #53 (permalink)
Banned

That was so not worth 55 to watch silva hit him a few times in the gloves, most of those strikes were not even landing. Seen crappy fights continue with far worse punishment

Great hug and make up, great job at selling me on the bs hype.
Razorsharp79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 03:14 PM   #54 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorsharp79 View Post
That was so not worth 55 to watch silva hit him a few times in the gloves, most of those strikes were not even landing. Seen crappy fights continue with far worse punishment

Great hug and make up, great job at selling me on the bs hype.
Yup, what a waste! Dude was still able to defend himself!!
SandersAD#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 03:20 PM   #55 (permalink)

The single punch that DID land was the single punch that got the fight stopped. Chael went limp for a second from that punch, and the ref made a good stopage. I was rooting for Chael, he won the first round 10-8 for sure, but he got beat.
Bryanjs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 04:28 PM   #56 (permalink)

I fell into the hype too! Luckily my parlay paid off as did my bet on Anderson. But, I am kind of ashamed that i fell for the hype. I don't know how it could have lived up to the hype but i thought it would. I'm guessing Dana White is laughing all the way to the bank. HAHA
firefighter3319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 04:34 PM   #57 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to fm8418

Yeah dude that sucks, I wish they wouldve murdered each other in the cage of death!!! I want my money back because I was stupid to think it would be a good fight when Chael is rarely in good fights.

come on people, get real
fm8418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 05:51 PM   #58 (permalink)

was rooting for silva , but not happy with the fight at all . this usualy happens , a fight that is heavily hyped is usualy a letdown . silvas people said he was going to do somehting that no one has ever done before in the cage ?????? like what ?????? first of all silva wipes his face and then his body ?????? are you kidding me ? they know they cant do that . that looked realy bad .

then he had a great grip on sonnens shorts ......... silva dont have much to be proud of. he can deny it all he wants , but he is scared of sonnen . there will be a third fight .
mma138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 05:57 PM   #59 (permalink)

dana white said that the city of vegas made 90-140 million from this weekend . there is the real winner.
killer37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 08:57 PM   #60 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mma138 View Post
was rooting for silva , but not happy with the fight at all . this usualy happens , a fight that is heavily hyped is usualy a letdown . silvas people said he was going to do somehting that no one has ever done before in the cage ?????? like what ?????? first of all silva wipes his face and then his body ?????? are you kidding me ? they know they cant do that . that looked realy bad .

then he had a great grip on sonnens shorts ......... silva dont have much to be proud of. he can deny it all he wants , but he is scared of sonnen . there will be a third fight .
Why sonnen doesn't have much to offer. He's not that good past his wrestling .
Old 07-08-2012, 09:06 PM   #61 (permalink)

Only way there would have been a 3rd fight is if Sonnen won.
Bottom9th is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 07:49 AM   #62 (permalink)

Quote:

Lol, good sh!t right there, thanks for the morning laugh I needed that. Been feeling like crap all night at work. Silva's a BEAST and I highly doubt he is scared of Sonnen or any fighter that wants to step up and challenge him.

Sonnen showed his ass talkin all that smack and setting himself up for failure that 2nd round.
Old 07-09-2012, 09:22 PM   #63 (permalink)

^ I think the only fighter Silva is scared of is out of his weight class.....Bones Jones
imbaked247 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 11:51 PM   #64 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBLeeDBaTTLeReD View Post
Lol, good sh!t right there, thanks for the morning laugh I needed that. Been feeling like crap all night at work. Silva's a BEAST and I highly doubt he is scared of Sonnen or any fighter that wants to step up and challenge him.

Sonnen showed his ass talkin all that smack and setting himself up for failure that 2nd round.
so the handful of shorts and greasing was perfectly ok ? why would a fighter rub his face and then his body ? they know they cant do that
Old 07-10-2012, 01:33 AM   #65 (permalink)

Quote:
so the handful of shorts and greasing was perfectly ok ? why would a fighter rub his face and then his body ? they know they cant do that
No it wasn't ok but how does that make Silva seem scared of Sonnen,i don't get your point?
Old 07-10-2012, 03:36 AM   #66 (permalink)

Quote:
No it wasn't ok but how does that make Silva seem scared of Sonnen,i don't get your point?

hmmmmmm let me grease myself up so i can have a edge ........... why dont i grab onto his shorts too so he cant take me down hmmmmm

round one , same thing as first fight . took him down and he never got back up . didnt do much damage but he took him down again....... i am a silva fan . but i just dont like this win .
Old 07-10-2012, 03:51 AM   #67 (permalink)

Quote:
hmmmmmm let me grease myself up so i can have a edge ........... why don't i grab onto his shorts too so he cant take me down hmmmmm

round one , same thing as first fight . took him down and he never got back up . didn't do much damage but he took him down again....... i am a Silva fan . but i just don't like this win .
The greasing up is irrelevant, its not like he threw a glob of Vaseline all over his body plus the ref wiped him down before the fight even started. The grabbing of the shorts was lame but it didn't change the outcome of the fight. In the end the best fighter won end of story

. If Sonnen was such a beast he should have ended it in the first round when he got the chance just like Silva did when the got the chance in the second round.
Old 07-10-2012, 01:54 PM   #68 (permalink)

Quote:
The greasing up is irrelevant, its not like he threw a glob of Vaseline all over his body plus the ref wiped him down before the fight even started. The grabbing of the shorts was lame but it didn't change the outcome of the fight. In the end the best fighter won end of story

. If Sonnen was such a beast he should have ended it in the first round when he got the chance just like Silva did when the got the chance in the second round.
so when a fighter greases before a fight , he also doesnt put on glob's . he puts on just enough to hopefully get away with it . it looked bad , very bad .
Old 07-10-2012, 07:03 PM   #69 (permalink)

Quote:
so when a fighter greases before a fight , he also doesnt put on glob's . he puts on just enough to hopefully get away with it . it looked bad , very bad .
he does it every fight and the commission saw it and wiped him down before the fight and obviously it gave him no advantage.

The short grabbing thing sucks but did nothing, almost every fighter will do stuff like grabbing the cage.

Sonnen has no problem with the loss and thinks Silva is amazing so why should you have a problem with the best ever?
Old 07-10-2012, 08:18 PM   #70 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fm8418 View Post
he does it every fight and the commission saw it and wiped him down before the fight and obviously it gave him no advantage.

The short grabbing thing sucks but did nothing, almost every fighter will do stuff like grabbing the cage.

Sonnen has no problem with the loss and thinks Silva is amazing so why should you have a problem with the best ever?
Sounds to me like he's an undercover, butthurt Sonnen fan that would be cheering for Sonnen had he won but instead wants to cry over some vaseline that was wiped down and a grab that had no impact on the fight.Claiming to be a Silva fan, GTF outta here!

Old 07-10-2012, 11:01 PM   #71 (permalink)

UFC 148 Payouts:

Anderson Silva: $200,000
(No win bonus)

Chael Sonnen: $50,000

Forrest Griffin: $275,000
(Includes $150,000 win bonus)

Tito Ortiz: $250,000

Cung Le: $150,000
(No win bonus)

Patrick Cote: $21,000

Demian Maia: $96,000
(Includes $48,000 win bonus)

Dong Hyun Kim: $44,000

Chad Mendes: $36,000
(Includes $18,000 win bonus)

Cody McKenzie: $10,000

Mike Easton: $20,000
(Includes $10,000 win bonus)

Ivan Menjivar: $13,000

Melvin Guillard: $72,000
(Includes $36,000 win bonus)

Fabricio Camoes: $8,000

Khabib Nurmagomedov: $20,000

Gleison Tibau: $31,000

Constantinos Philippou: $32,000
(Includes $16,000 win bonus)

Riki Fukuda: $28,000

Shane Roller: $46,000
(Includes $23,000 win bonus)

John Alessio: $10,000

Rafaello Oliveira: $20,000

Yoislandy Izquierdo: $6,000
Old 07-10-2012, 11:49 PM   #72 (permalink)
Banned

How did a guy who Silva beat like a little punk get 275k and a guy who has sucked for several years in Tito get more than the best P4P fighter in the history of MMA? That is absurd, to think this sport is becoming like boxing is absurd. Mayweather gets 30 million , the mma's best fighter gets 200k...that is F'ed up or am I missing something?
Razorsharp79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 12:52 PM   #73 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fm8418 View Post

i never noticed anderson doing that . the grabbing of the shorts is a big reason why he was able to get chael in the position he did leading up to the stoppage . yeah i read the chael interview. im very surprised he has no problem with these 2 issues .
Old 07-11-2012, 03:39 PM   #74 (permalink)

Quote:
i never noticed anderson doing that . the grabbing of the shorts is a big reason why he was able to get chael in the position he did leading up to the stoppage . yeah i read the chael interview. im very surprised he has no problem with these 2 issues .
because Chael knows he has nothing on Anderson besides wrestling and all the pre fight talk is just hype to sell tickets because he's not an exciting fighter. I'm not a Anderson fan but he's the best.

The short grab changed that moment but didn't directly lead to the finish. Sonnens sloppy spinning back fist when he was tired lost him the fight

Checking some of my dvds Anderson rubs himself down before 126 against Belfort but Belfort does to. It's something he has done befvore

Last edited by fm8418; 07-11-2012 at 04:04 PM.
Old 07-12-2012, 11:12 PM   #75 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorsharp79 View Post
How did a guy who Silva beat like a little punk get 275k and a guy who has sucked for several years in Tito get more than the best P4P fighter in the history of MMA? That is absurd, to think this sport is becoming like boxing is absurd. Mayweather gets 30 million , the mma's best fighter gets 200k...that is F'ed up or am I missing something?
200k is just Anderson's base pay, unlike everyone else on the card (except for maybe chael, dont know bout his contract) Anderson gets a percentage of the PPV buys it's usualy between 2-4% which equates to anywhere between 500k-3mil. Most champs and high profile fighters have this payment plan built into thier contracts