Blowout Cards Forums

Blowout Cards Forums (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/)
-   MMA - Mixed Martial Arts (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/mma-mixed-martial-arts/)
-   -   Brock Lesnar (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/mma-mixed-martial-arts/338165-brock-lesnar.html)

Frankp2311 07-23-2012 09:15 AM

Brock Lesnar

Will any success Brock Lesnar has in Wrestling (summerslam) have an impact on his UFC card prices? Or no because the sports are sooo different?

mma138 07-23-2012 09:27 AM

very unlikely . lesnar is signed to a very limited contract . he has zero interest in being a wrestler full time. he is there to make soem quick cash and thats it . he will still have a fan base. he has met with the ufc recently , i have no idea why ? i thoguht he was done with it. maybe he wants to try again .

i still say the ufc should have gone against his wishes of wanting to fight the top guys right away . he should have started off by fighting lesser opponents........... getting soem experience before fighting the best guys, i give him credit for trying though .

then again he did get sick , so that would have been a setback either way .

cardsdownunder 07-23-2012 10:01 AM

[QUOTE=mma138;3015838]very unlikely . lesnar is signed to a very limited contract . he has zero interest in being a wrestler full time. he is there to make soem quick cash and thats it . he will still have a fan base. he has met with the ufc recently , i have no idea why ? i thoguht he was done with it. maybe he wants to try again .

i still say the ufc should have gone against his wishes of wanting to fight the top guys right away . he should have started off by fighting lesser opponents........... getting soem experience before fighting the best guys, i give him credit for trying though .

then again he did get sick , so that would have been a setback either way .[/QUOTE]

have to agree with this

rb808 07-23-2012 06:59 PM

I'm a major MMA fan, and have not watched wrestling since probably 1995. So honestly, not too much.. I know a lot of other MMA fans that I know personally don't like wwe-type wrestling because it's staged.. I prefer watching real fights.. I honestly have no idea what brock is up to outside of the cage or in wrestling, and I'm thinking I'm not the only one.
On the up side though, a lot of people still do watch wrestling and NOT MMA, (or both) so it's kind of a win-win for brock anyway.. He has fans from both sports, and brock is already a walking success story in MMA anyway.. he came in, took the title, defended it, became the top paid fighter, got some tough wins and did not really fall off the top until his disease got the best of him. Not a major brock fan as a fighter, but gotta give much respect to the guy.
I wouldn't really expect all UFC fans to know what happens with brock in wrestling, though.. maybe about a third will still pay attention. No matter what happens, he will never be a $1 seller anyway.

Srt42004n 07-24-2012 12:22 AM

Lets put it like this.... I have been waiting for a Brock Lesner Redemption auto from topps and here 2012 Finest he has on card in packs.. sad part is with him no longer being in the UFC my redemption will never be signed and fulfilled what crap.