Blowout Cards Forums
Blaster Master

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > MMA - Mixed Martial Arts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2012, 04:10 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default bloodlines

Beckett News First look: 2012 Topps UFC Bloodlines

these look great
mma138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 06:44 PM   #2 (permalink)

They do look nice. I dont get why they would name the product after the finest insert though. Kind of confusing.
Frankp2311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 12:02 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankp2311 View Post
They do look nice. I dont get why they would name the product after the finest insert though. Kind of confusing.
yeah your right about that . but this looks better then knockout in my opinion. these cards look amazing
Old 07-29-2012, 07:17 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mma138 View Post
yeah your right about that . but this looks better then knockout in my opinion. these cards look amazing
100%. I was a little bored with Knockout this year even though it was the best UFC product. This looks refreshing. Hope the price is good.
Old 08-09-2012, 10:22 PM   #5 (permalink)

nevermind.

Last edited by Frankp2311; 08-09-2012 at 11:00 PM.
Old 08-10-2012, 09:59 AM   #6 (permalink)

This is suppose to be a high end product. Nothing but the best in the business but I see people on the checklist that I wouldn't want in a high end UFC product. There are stars and then there are people that will probably get their contract dropped in their next fight. Hopefully they adjust the checklist a little. Then again, when I read "high end product", I think of $300/box product. Turns out it's $25 for a 5 card pack. Every pack will contain a relic or auto. If I purchased a pack for that much and got a Bart Palaszewski, Alessio Sakara, Hatsu Hioki, Brad Pickett, or a Cyrille Diabate, I'd feel a little upset. Especially if you only get 1 auto or relic per pack. I know you have to lose a little in a product and all that but those names should not be on the list. IMO anyway. BTW, here another story on it. Has the checklist and everything.

2012 Topps UFC Bloodlines Information and Checklist | Sports Collectors Daily|Sports collecting news
joltedman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 10:40 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joltedman View Post
This is suppose to be a high end product. Nothing but the best in the business but I see people on the checklist that I wouldn't want in a high end UFC product. There are stars and then there are people that will probably get their contract dropped in their next fight. Hopefully they adjust the checklist a little. Then again, when I read "high end product", I think of $300/box product. Turns out it's $25 for a 5 card pack. Every pack will contain a relic or auto. If I purchased a pack for that much and got a Bart Palaszewski, Alessio Sakara, Hatsu Hioki, Brad Pickett, or a Cyrille Diabate, I'd feel a little upset. Especially if you only get 1 auto or relic per pack. I know you have to lose a little in a product and all that but those names should not be on the list. IMO anyway. BTW, here another story on it. Has the checklist and everything.

2012 Topps UFC Bloodlines Information and Checklist | Sports Collectors Daily|Sports collecting news
Its not $25/pack.
Old 08-10-2012, 10:57 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Its not $25/pack.
That's what the article said. I took it straight from that link. What news do you have that says the price? I'd like to know what the price is if that article is wrong. I'm going to be buying tons of this stuff and would like a jump on it.

"2012 Topps Bloodlines UFC will be their first “high-end” MMA trading card product. Weighing in at $25, each five-card pack will contain two base cards, a base parallel card, an insert card, and either an autograph, “Relic,” or manufactured “Relic” of some sort. Every other pack will contain an autograph and every ten-pack Hobby box will yield six Relics."
Old 08-10-2012, 11:32 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
That's what the article said. I took it straight from that link. What news do you have that says the price? I'd like to know what the price is if that article is wrong. I'm going to be buying tons of this stuff and would like a jump on it.

"2012 Topps Bloodlines UFC will be their first “high-end” MMA trading card product. Weighing in at $25, each five-card pack will contain two base cards, a base parallel card, an insert card, and either an autograph, “Relic,” or manufactured “Relic” of some sort. Every other pack will contain an autograph and every ten-pack Hobby box will yield six Relics."
BO has pricing up. 189/box with 10 mini packs per box. Distributor pricing is only 150/box. Not bad IMO.
Old 08-10-2012, 01:03 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
BO has pricing up. 189/box with 10 mini packs per box. Distributor pricing is only 150/box. Not bad IMO.
Holy crap! I'm going to have to check that out. When I read the article BO didn't have anything on it at all. Thanks. I wonder what the articles sources were to be that far off. lol Basically it's going to be about the same price as Knockout then.

Is knockout really a "high end" product? Doesn't seem to me it is. When I think "high end" I'm thinking about $300-$500/box with like 1 pack. Still very cool cards and I'm going to get a jump on them.
Old 08-10-2012, 01:55 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Holy crap! I'm going to have to check that out. When I read the article BO didn't have anything on it at all. Thanks. I wonder what the articles sources were to be that far off. lol Basically it's going to be about the same price as Knockout then.

Is knockout really a "high end" product? Doesn't seem to me it is. When I think "high end" I'm thinking about $300-$500/box with like 1 pack. Still very cool cards and I'm going to get a jump on them.
Well it's high end for ufc because there is nothing else. But yes for any other sport its mid range.
Old 08-10-2012, 02:24 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:

admittedly i only collect MMA but i do read on the baseball portion of this site every day....i dont get it...how can you even classify a $500 for one pack as a "box"...umm no that is $500 for 3 cards...not a box of cards...thats insane...im sure if i had cash i would buy some of those too...thats the bad thing...is they sell like crazy!!! and to me $200 for ufc is high end...when low end is like $45...so about 5x the low end....what is low end in baseball?? like $75?? so like $350 or 400 for "high end" ...seems the math is about right so far...maybe ufc will keep growing and get bigger but they prob dont sell enough cards to warrant a huge $400/box product...
jstasyk1121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 05:04 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstasyk1121 View Post
admittedly i only collect MMA but i do read on the baseball portion of this site every day....i dont get it...how can you even classify a $500 for one pack as a "box"...umm no that is $500 for 3 cards...not a box of cards...thats insane...im sure if i had cash i would buy some of those too...thats the bad thing...is they sell like crazy!!! and to me $200 for ufc is high end...when low end is like $45...so about 5x the low end....what is low end in baseball?? like $75?? so like $350 or 400 for "high end" ...seems the math is about right so far...maybe ufc will keep growing and get bigger but they prob dont sell enough cards to warrant a huge $400/box product...

I agree with what you said. It's just when I think of high end, that's what I think of. I think of $500/box. That's what the hobby has done with "high end" stuff. I would just like more patch cards and limited autos. Right now the market is flooded with autos. I mean just looking at ebay last night, I seen a Chuck Liddell auto selling for roughly $16!!!!! That's insane to me! When I think of ex champs that were mega stars I think of high $$$ auto's. Now Topps can't put a UFC/mma product out that retains it's value. So a high end product that's a bit different is great but are they doing it because Knockout 2 didn't sell as well as they predicted? I love the MMA/UFC cards but getting a former champ/legend auto out of a $120 box that sells for $16 is really depressing to me. lol. These "high end" cards like Knockout 1 & 2, just don't retain value. Granted this "Bloodlines" release has some new stuff in it, I just don't think it will hold value either. They have to do something different and stop flooding the market.
Old 08-18-2012, 06:31 PM   #14 (permalink)

I will probably buy a box because I always but at least 1 KO when its released, but my issue is for all of us that do buy MMA highend and our main hits are redemptions. Then you get a replacement from a $45 - $75 product thats sticker and not on card. Talked to Topps last week and the csr told me they were all informed to ask us if we wanted baseball or football because replacements were hard to come by for higher end redemptions. Otherwise wait. Not very cofident when I have a Melendez Notable Nicknames that booked for over $200 last time I checked thats past due.
Lycan2125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 08:35 PM   #15 (permalink)

I do not like the stamp and patch cards.. So irrelevant to MMA. I like those bruce buffer cards, though.. I'll probably buy one box and then wait it out. The cards look good, but I have a feeling the price will drop on this, just like most of the other ones..

Also looking for Michelle Wie "Award Winners" auto
rb808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 12:27 PM   #16 (permalink)

looks great, but no ring girls? arianny cards hold more value than most fighters included in this set = )
bgbdbstrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 02:53 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
I agree with what you said. It's just when I think of high end, that's what I think of. I think of $500/box. That's what the hobby has done with "high end" stuff. I would just like more patch cards and limited autos. Right now the market is flooded with autos. I mean just looking at ebay last night, I seen a Chuck Liddell auto selling for roughly $16!!!!! That's insane to me! When I think of ex champs that were mega stars I think of high $$$ auto's. Now Topps can't put a UFC/mma product out that retains it's value. So a high end product that's a bit different is great but are they doing it because Knockout 2 didn't sell as well as they predicted? I love the MMA/UFC cards but getting a former champ/legend auto out of a $120 box that sells for $16 is really depressing to me. lol. These "high end" cards like Knockout 1 & 2, just don't retain value. Granted this "Bloodlines" release has some new stuff in it, I just don't think it will hold value either. They have to do something different and stop flooding the market.

i know what you mean about that...couple months ago when KO12 was still relatively new...i put a bid in on a GSP Full contact auto /99...and i ended up winning it with like a $42 bid...i was shocked...full contact is a sharp looking and popular auto set and he is one of biggest names/worth most...and got it for $40...i remember browsing ebay like a year ago and all of his stuff always seem to end at 100+...now you can get anyone base or /200 or less auto for under $40 basically...i also got a J.Jones auto/relic from KO12 for $36...was equally shocked by that....

now the big sellers are just the "1st auto" guys/girls cuz all the superstars have 1000 autos per release now...very watered down...which will start happening to baseball with trout i bet too...
jstasyk1121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 07:50 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstasyk1121 View Post
i know what you mean about that...couple months ago when KO12 was still relatively new...i put a bid in on a GSP Full contact auto /99...and i ended up winning it with like a $42 bid...i was shocked...full contact is a sharp looking and popular auto set and he is one of biggest names/worth most...and got it for $40...i remember browsing ebay like a year ago and all of his stuff always seem to end at 100+...now you can get anyone base or /200 or less auto for under $40 basically...i also got a J.Jones auto/relic from KO12 for $36...was equally shocked by that....

now the big sellers are just the "1st auto" guys/girls cuz all the superstars have 1000 autos per release now...very watered down...which will start happening to baseball with trout i bet too...
I sold a full contact auto from KO 2010 of GSP for $120. Sad how adding just one more similar release decreases the value.

Also looking for Michelle Wie "Award Winners" auto
rb808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 08:06 AM   #19 (permalink)

according to topps facebook , this will now be released in december
Old 10-24-2012, 09:02 AM   #20 (permalink)

Well then thats means they will be pushing 2013 KO back as well, since that is supposed to come out in Feb. i dont know why they can't get these cards out on time especially when 90% of the cards are sticker autos
twoten01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:17 PM   #21 (permalink)

Is it me or does it seem like there is little to no interest in this product?
Brobocop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:06 AM   #22 (permalink)

not sure , i know im interested . i got 4 cases coming. and very little of it will be for re sale .
Old 12-06-2012, 10:35 AM   #23 (permalink)

This is exactly the kind of thing that makes me wonder if I should just hang on to the case I have coming. There is a 3 week gap in the cases that presold on feebay. So, as noted above, there seems to be very little interest in this release, with respect to the above mentioned. Interesting. This is appearing to be one of those situations where boxes/cases could be very limited if Topps trimmed production to match interest. Might have to see a few breaks to verify.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:36 AM   #24 (permalink)

I am interested but from the collecting point, not from rip/flip side. I'm getting my 1 box tomorrow.
FT base/inserts/hits: NBA: 09/10, 10/11 Timeless Treasures, 13/14 Titanium / Other Sport: UFC: 10, 12 KO, 11, 12 Finest, 10 WWE Platinum / NHL: 10-11 Contenders / NFL: 10 Magic / Non-Sport: Iron Man 1, 2, 3, Indiana Jones KOTCS, Marvel 70th Ann., Star Wars Jedi Legacy, Thor, Marvel Universe 2014
S.U.I.Z.I.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:54 AM   #25 (permalink)

If breaks look pretty good I think I'll be in for a box or two. Having more of te female fighters in this helps out a lot.
Brobocop is offline   Reply With Quote