Blowout Cards Forums
Halloween

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > MMA - Mixed Martial Arts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2012, 10:42 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Topps UFC Melendez Notable Nicknames Redemption Replacements

Hey guys finally received 3 of my redemptions. 2 were of my favorite fighter Wanderlei Silva triple threads auto /18, and full contact on card auto /99. Both were amazing looking cards that I am excited to add to my pc. The other I am not so sure about . I snt in a Gilbert Melendez Notable Nicknames /25 from Knockout and received a 2010 Knockout Big Nog triple threads auto /18 , and a 2009 Michael Bisping Bloodlines Red Auto which I believe is numbered to /25 but Topps never numbered it. There is only one on ebay but cant tell if its numbered just says /25. I plan on contacting Topps on Monday because I know they tried to get close to the value which last time I checked was $250 on the Melendez but hes a Top 10 fighter in the world and it a rookie card and sp. I feel like they can do a little better with bigger name replacements. Anyways worth a try. Any advice from guys in the same boat as me?
Attached Thumbnails
Topps UFC Melendez Notable Nicknames Redemption Replacements-photo-39-.jpg   Topps UFC Melendez Notable Nicknames Redemption Replacements-photo-40-.jpg   Topps UFC Melendez Notable Nicknames Redemption Replacements-photo-41-.jpg  
Lycan2125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 11:52 PM   #2 (permalink)

Not terrible replacements but if not satisfied then by all means contact topps. I'd recommend asking the replacement to be of a "first time auto" fighter and in a lower series.
joltedman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 03:25 PM   #3 (permalink)

Yeah not bad cards, but at $250 and a top 10 fighter with the way these cards are selling even the top guys are low right now, so asking wouldn't hurt. I think bigger names as replacements should be used but it's up to Topps.
Lycan2125 is offline   Reply With Quote