Blowout Cards Forums
Metro Sports Cards

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > MMA - Mixed Martial Arts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2012, 12:37 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Anderson Silva UFC 153

The man is a BEAST ! I'm so ready to see Silva/Jones get it on in the Battle of the Century!!! That is all........
Old 10-14-2012, 07:35 AM   #2 (permalink)

It'll never happen

Silva has said he won't fight Jones and has basically said because he knows at his age if he were to go up to 205 to fight the younger and quicker Jones that he'd get beat and he doesn't want to do that
zonacats8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 01:02 PM   #3 (permalink)

Cant a guy dream, jeeez you party pooper! Lol, JK i know it'll never happen but if it does i'll be ready eith my popcorn!
Old 10-14-2012, 01:24 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBLeeDBaTTLeReD View Post
Cant a guy dream, jeeez you party pooper! Lol, JK i know it'll never happen but if it does i'll be ready eith my popcorn!
I actually don't want it to happen for the same reason Silva doesn't, I don't want to see him get embarrassed in the octagon.

They need to figure something out for Jones or he's just going to get bored at some point

2-on-1???? Hahahahahaha
Old 10-14-2012, 01:38 PM   #5 (permalink)

has nothing to do with age...its all about the cash..they will get huge paydays and with the ppv more then likely being the highest bought ppv in history jones and silva will each make millions off the fight...its gonna happen watch
jerryw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 01:39 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryw View Post
has nothing to do with age...its all about the cash..they will get huge paydays and with the ppv more then likely being the highest bought ppv in history jones and silva will each make millions off the fight...its gonna happen watch
Yep. GSP Vs Silva 2013, Jones vs Silva 2014.
Major_League is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 01:39 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryw View Post
It will never happen, Silva would get smashed and he knows it. He can't go up to 205 and expect to keep his quickness that he has at 185.
Old 10-14-2012, 01:41 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonacats8 View Post
It will never happen, Silva would get smashed and he knows it. He can't go up to 205 and expect to keep his quickness that he has at 185.
It will be a catch at 192-198
Old 10-14-2012, 01:42 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major_League View Post
Yep. GSP Vs Silva 2013, Jones vs Silva 2014.
Not a chance, IF, and that's a big if, Silva were to ever fight Jones it would have to be right now. He's 37, he can't wait another two years and then fight him, not just because that's two more years for him to slow down, but two more years of experience for Jones.

39 year old Silva vs a 27 year old Jones wouldn't even be a competitive fight
Old 10-14-2012, 01:43 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major_League View Post
It will be a catch at 192-198
No way they have that fight without it being for a title, there is a better chance of getting Jones to 185 than a catch weight

And jones is too big to go down anyways, they're already talking about bringing him up to heavyweight for more competition
Old 10-14-2012, 01:55 PM   #11 (permalink)

Anderson's only huge fight left outside of 185 is a catchweight fight with GSP at about 180 or so, or maybe if Rashad Evans successfully moves down. And I bet Dana White hopes GSP beats Condit and tries to make that GSP match for a Superbowl weekend card. If Silva gets by that one, then he's gonna throw more money at Silva to make a more permanent move to 205, maybe a tuneup fight against a top 5 LHW, like Shogun. Then, if the pieces fall into place, summer/fall next year, have the Jones/Silva dream match.
Old 10-14-2012, 01:56 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by screamingdc View Post
Anderson's only huge fight left outside of 185 is a catchweight fight with GSP at about 180 or so, or maybe if Rashad Evans successfully moves down. And I bet Dana White hopes GSP beats Condit and tries to make that GSP match for a Superbowl weekend card. If Silva gets by that one, then he's gonna throw more money at Silva to make a more permanent move to 205, maybe a tuneup fight against a top 5 LHW, like Shogun. Then, if the pieces fall into place, summer/fall next year, have the Jones/Silva dream match.
Exactly.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:18 PM   #13 (permalink)

actually both of them dont want to fight each other.... jones said i wouldn't want to lose or beat anderson silva. i dont know where all these people get anderson silva is ducking jones. both of them dont want to fight. but i guarantee enough money both of them would forget real fast. and why the hell should silva move up or down? hes in his division rightfully so. he also said bonnar would be the last fight in the 205 class. Im also not quite sure jones would "destroy" silva. Everybody has a punchers chance and even more that fighter being anderson silva. both are quick edgy and throw down. elbows and knees and stand up the whole time it this does in fact happen.
pickle86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:02 PM   #14 (permalink)

I will keep you updated with GSP..

I got tickets

UFC 154 in Montreal baby

My Bucket
http://s788.photobucket.com/albums/yy166/Weiss19/Personal%20Collection/LeSean%20McCoy%20PC/
Weiss19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 07:04 AM   #15 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to fm8418

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickle86 View Post
actually both of them dont want to fight each other.... jones said i wouldn't want to lose or beat anderson silva. i dont know where all these people get anderson silva is ducking jones. both of them dont want to fight. but i guarantee enough money both of them would forget real fast. and why the hell should silva move up or down? hes in his division rightfully so. he also said bonnar would be the last fight in the 205 class. Im also not quite sure jones would "destroy" silva. Everybody has a punchers chance and even more that fighter being anderson silva. both are quick edgy and throw down. elbows and knees and stand up the whole time it this does in fact happen.
Silva didn't even make the 205 limit. Jones is closer to heavyweight than a catchweight with Silva so if it would happen Silva would obviously go up.
fm8418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:20 PM   #16 (permalink)

Really great fight but I think Jones would take this one
cjvs72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:06 AM   #17 (permalink)

Well Silva said he would fight Jones but it has to be a catchweight fight, (non title fight, just like his fight with GSP will be) once he beats GSP, there will be nothing left for him but Jones or retirement
twoten01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:08 AM   #18 (permalink)

The GSP fight will be catchweight at 178lbs

If he ever fights Jones it will be catchweight of 195lbs
twoten01 is offline   Reply With Quote