Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > MMA - Mixed Martial Arts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2012, 12:26 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Jones or Sonnen??

Whoever you're going for....this fight is gonna be sick Predictions?
RUCKUS671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 02:03 PM   #2 (permalink)

How do you go against Jones, Silva or St. Pierre until they lose again? They have shown themselves to be the class of their respective weight classes.
burke23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 02:15 PM   #3 (permalink)

All I know is that the next season of Ultimate Fighter is going to be HILARIOUS! Sonnen is going to sooooo funny!
Yaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 02:50 PM   #4 (permalink)

I agree, I can't wait for Chael every Friday night screwing around with Jon Jones. Jon has litterally the worst ability to take a joke of just about any fighter, so it's gonna be good.
Bryanjs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 02:52 PM   #5 (permalink)

Jones. No doubt.
Old 10-17-2012, 06:57 PM   #6 (permalink)

I hate that they put champions on as TUF coaches. We will go 7 months between fights for Jones now and 9 months between fights for Sonnen. While I get that Jones is out anyway because of his arm I hate that it puts the whole division almost on hold.

I also can't stand that guys that have no business fighting the champ are getting fights. They did it with the Silva vs. Bonnar fight and now with Jones's last two fights.

While Jones vs. Sonnen will probably have a really good lead up with all the talk, I expect Jones to smash him. I think Jones is pretty far ahead of him in just about every style as well as the fact that he will be much larger than Sonnen.
Old 10-17-2012, 07:36 PM   #7 (permalink)

Not even a fair fight, Sonen has no business stepping in the octagon with Jones at 205
zonacats8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 07:50 PM   #8 (permalink)

it will def make for a good show though
pickle86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:51 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaga View Post
All I know is that the next season of Ultimate Fighter is going to be HILARIOUS! Sonnen is going to sooooo funny!
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndySportsCards View Post
Jones. No doubt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC80_LCM View Post
I hate that they put champions on as TUF coaches. We will go 7 months between fights for Jones now and 9 months between fights for Sonnen. While I get that Jones is out anyway because of his arm I hate that it puts the whole division almost on hold.

I also can't stand that guys that have no business fighting the champ are getting fights. They did it with the Silva vs. Bonnar fight and now with Jones's last two fights.

While Jones vs. Sonnen will probably have a really good lead up with all the talk, I expect Jones to smash him. I think Jones is pretty far ahead of him in just about every style as well as the fact that he will be much larger than Sonnen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pickle86 View Post
it will def make for a good show though
While i agree with all of you, like pickle86 said...definitely gonna be a good show and who knows, Chael could get lucky. Although he's a character, you gotta admit, he did do way better than everyone thought he would against Silva in the first fight.
RUCKUS671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:09 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonacats8 View Post
Not even a fair fight, Sonen has no business stepping in the octagon with Jones at 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by burke23 View Post
How do you go against Jones, Silva or St. Pierre until they lose again? They have shown themselves to be the class of their respective weight classes.
Quote:

Its going to make for alot of talking and hype but I hope that Sonnen is doing the show to scout Jones...could be a smart move...and Sonnen has even said he would take a warm up fight...guy is def a fighter...
Srt42004n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 07:00 AM   #11 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to fm8418

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srt42004n View Post
Its going to make for alot of talking and hype but I hope that Sonnen is doing the show to scout Jones...could be a smart move...and Sonnen has even said he would take a warm up fight...guy is def a fighter...
it really has nothing to do with fighting lately. He's making millions right before he retires.

Quote:

Silvas fight wasn't a title fight and that's the wrong attitude. Anytime you can see Silva fight you take it. It's not like it delayed Silvas next fight.

There's no contenders for Jones so Belfort wasn't that bad and he actually hurt Jones.
fm8418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 01:03 AM   #12 (permalink)

Sonnen vs rampage would have been better. Two overrated big mouths!!
SandersAD#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 10:36 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fm8418 View Post
it really has nothing to do with fighting lately. He's making millions right before he retires.

Silvas fight wasn't a title fight and that's the wrong attitude. Anytime you can see Silva fight you take it. It's not like it delayed Silvas next fight.

There's no contenders for Jones so Belfort wasn't that bad and he actually hurt Jones.
Chael is not making millions, he got paid $40k for his fight against Silva( of course he gets sponsor money as well, but he is making a little over $100k per fight)

There is only 3 fighters in the UFC who make anywhere near a million a fight,
Silva, Jones and GSP. This isn't boxing.
twoten01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:46 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoten01 View Post
Chael is not making millions, he got paid $40k for his fight against Silva( of course he gets sponsor money as well, but he is making a little over $100k per fight)

There is only 3 fighters in the UFC who make anywhere near a million a fight,
Silva, Jones and GSP. This isn't boxing.
you dont understand how it works then. Sonnen also got a percentage of the PPV sales which equals a lot of money and I didnt say million per fight just that hes talking himself into millions over the end of his career

Last edited by fm8418; 10-25-2012 at 08:50 AM.
Old 10-25-2012, 08:49 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandersAD#1 View Post
Sonnen vs rampage would have been better. Two overrated big mouths!!
Sonnen Overrated? lmfao
Major_League is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:52 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major_League View Post
Sonnen Overrated? lmfao
Thats a tough one because in a sense of exciting fights he's way overrated. He's just a good wrestler with horrible stand up.
Old 10-25-2012, 09:24 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fm8418 View Post
you dont understand how it works then. Sonnen also got a percentage of the PPV sales which equals a lot of money and I didnt say million per fight just that hes talking himself into millions over the end of his career
Sonnen has not got any PPV money from any of his fights so far. Very few fighters get PPV revenue, I trained with him at Teamquest for over 6 months, believe me he is not making millions. Now with the Jones fight I am sure he will get PPV revenue, and I am sure he pressured J. Silva into even giving him TUF revenue as well, this will be his biggest payday ever, but I would be suprised if it is even $500k
Old 10-25-2012, 02:15 PM   #18 (permalink)

Well for all I know you're just a person on a message board. Basically all MMA news outlets talked about Sonnen most likely getting a percentage. Most likely $1-2 per buy.
Old 10-25-2012, 03:55 PM   #19 (permalink)

Well am just a person on a message boardy, lol but he hasn't received any ppv money,yet. I have not spoken with Chael( or anyone at teamquest) in a couple of months. But I would say there is a huge chance he will get some kind of kickback for the Jones fight.

Hell, $100k for 1 nights work( and the few months of training) is great, I know I would love to make that much.

Especially when he doesn't even "deserve" a shot at the 205 title.
Old 10-25-2012, 04:01 PM   #20 (permalink)

Also while I am not sure what the 3 guys who did get ppv money I can't see it being $1 or $2 for even them. Dana has said multiple times that they( the ufc) only receives 50% from each ppv, while the cable provider gets the rest.( I have heard the same from the boxing community). I think there contract stipulates a certain $ figure per a certain # of ppv buys(ie $50k if there is 100,000 ppv buys, $100k if there is 200,000).

Either way they are making a #@#@#@#@ ton more than us, lol.
Old 10-30-2012, 11:03 AM   #21 (permalink)

You are 100% incorrect. Chael did get a PPV % for his last fight against Anderson, and he will more than likely get a % from the Jones fight as well.

The news outlets were correct in reporting he got a %, however the $1 or $2 per buy is just a guess, as the UFC does not disclose that information. I would say 1 or 2% would be a more likely sum, and even then that is a large sum for sure.
Old 10-30-2012, 12:14 PM   #22 (permalink)

1% of 1 million PPV buys at $50 is $500,000. I just did 50 for ppv because their usually 45 or 55 depending on SD or HD
Old 10-30-2012, 01:09 PM   #23 (permalink)

Yes, but like it was mentioned the UFC collects about half of that PPV money.

Chael, Rashad, GSP, Silva, and Jones are the top 5 PPV draw fighters in the UFC currently