Blowout Cards Forums
Metro Sports Cards

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > MMA - Mixed Martial Arts

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2012, 06:44 PM   #26 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to ChicagoCubsWS

If I got a letter with mistakes I would do the same thing. God forbid you push spell check.
Old 11-10-2012, 06:45 PM   #27 (permalink)

Show the letter! Show the letter! Show the letter!
Old 11-10-2012, 06:45 PM   #28 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetDude View Post
Not sure what your wrestling card has to do with baseball.

But the reply lends credence to the thought that people at Topps are on this board.

I know for a fact that Topps has an account and frequents this board.
RIP PAPAJIM
Sabrina Cortellessa
Old 11-10-2012, 06:46 PM   #29 (permalink)

Again show the letter if you already tweeted the letter to Topps anyone could find it unless it didn't happen.
Old 11-10-2012, 06:50 PM   #30 (permalink)
Banned

you all want the letter? You can't handle the letter.
Old 11-10-2012, 06:52 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPNCards View Post
Again show the letter if you already tweeted the letter to Topps anyone could find it unless it didn't happen.
This is where I got confused.
I dont tweet, but assume that in order to have tweeted a pic of the letter,
it would be in his photobucket, and its not.

Granted my assumption could be wrong but ....

c'mon dude! enquiring minds want to know!!!
55 Orlando Hudson,150 Homer Bailey,191 Edinson Volquez, MHRC536 Mantle HR #536

Last edited by MetDude; 11-10-2012 at 06:58 PM. Reason: omg spelling error
Old 11-10-2012, 08:39 PM   #32 (permalink)

I'd also love to see the letter that was sent with the card. If it was condescending and full of insults, then I will probably think the highlighted letter showing spelling errors is funny and deserving. I doubt they would have done that if your letter was professional and kind. Just be glad they didn't correct your grammar as well.

Last edited by stellablue; 11-10-2012 at 08:48 PM.
Old 11-11-2012, 09:45 AM   #33 (permalink)

so someone took this thread from the baseball section and put it in the racing section... what a joke...and they highlighted and hand wrote what was spelled wrong. I find it funny but in the same sense I find it very unprofessional that it took a note and an insult from topps to still recieve a 2010 Brock Lesnar for a 2012 Redemption.
Old 11-11-2012, 09:46 AM   #34 (permalink)

It was tweeted from- pnacollectables
I tweeted them twice- first was the following:
Quote:
instead of being grammer police and looking like a**h*les why dont you worry about quality control and not sending 2 yr old card
Second: was
Quote:
customer service at its finest IMG/

Last edited by Srt42004n; 11-11-2012 at 09:55 AM.
Old 11-11-2012, 09:50 AM   #35 (permalink)

This isn't the racing section. It's the other sports section. It just so happens to include racing.
Old 11-11-2012, 09:56 AM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbtvs View Post
This isn't the racing section. It's the other sports section. It just so happens to include racing.
Either way there is a clear MMA Section...this = MMA
Old 11-11-2012, 10:06 AM   #37 (permalink)

Old 11-11-2012, 10:36 AM   #38 (permalink)

I think the letter is very appropriate. Hardly any spelling errors at all! Not even sure why they highlighted the bottom half. Anyway, congrats on getting the card you wanted and good luck with the Koufax!
Old 11-11-2012, 12:44 PM   #39 (permalink)
Banned

so you called someone a jackass? I am surprised they even sent you a Brock auto. After reading that I am glad they sent it back to you. You look like a tool.
Old 11-11-2012, 02:37 PM   #40 (permalink)
The Fantastic Store

Quote:
Originally Posted by vc15jrich23 View Post
so you called someone a jackass? I am surprised they even sent you a Brock auto. After reading that I am glad they sent it back to you. You look like a tool.
To be fair if I pulled the Koufax 1/1 redemption and was sent it with a damaged corner I would have been seriously pissed off. I've received a good amount of cards from Topps myself, and honestly they don't know how to ship cards.
Follow Me On Twitter @SportCardBuffet
Old 11-11-2012, 04:19 PM   #41 (permalink)

Wow. Nice RUDE letter you sent them. I would have just tossed it in the trash and sent you back the original card you were sent. Can't stand people like you.
Old 11-11-2012, 08:39 PM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srt42004n View Post
So this is somewhat off topic here but I recieved a 2012 Brock Lesnar UFC Knockout auto redemption which I redeemed. Fast forward, Lesnar is released from UFC and never signed this card. Topps sent me a Lyoto Machida Auto from 2010 Main Event...$10 card. I sent it back with a letter of dis-satisfaction and three weeks later (Today) I recieved an envelope. Inside was a 2010 Brock Lesner Auto. Also inside was the original letter I sent and Im guessing Topps has either to much free time or they are just plain ignorant. Someone took a highlighter to the letter I sent and wrote Spelled wrong and highlighted the Errors...to me thats a slap in the face for someone to have the audacity to take the time to spell check a complaint and mail it back after already knowing the consumer was ticked about the 2 yr old replacement.... Guess ill be sending the replacement's Replacement back with another letter.

Well they have a point.
Old 11-11-2012, 11:09 PM   #43 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davesportscards View Post
Wow. Nice RUDE letter you sent them. I would have just tossed it in the trash and sent you back the original card you were sent. Can't stand people like you.
and i cant stand ppl like you that back pos employees at crappy card companies like topps. im surprised they didnt just forge the auto and send it back to him since they do that bs anyways. their customer service, if you wanna call it that, is a joke.
Old 11-12-2012, 12:08 AM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinnox View Post
and i cant stand ppl like you that back pos employees at crappy card companies like topps. im surprised they didnt just forge the auto and send it back to him since they do that bs anyways. their customer service, if you wanna call it that, is a joke.
Oh wow, grow up and get a life seriously. People like you are the reason the world is as bad as it is. You walk around thinking the world owes you something. You think it's okay to treat other people like they are pieces of dog &%&# stuck to the bottom of your shoe. The OP had no right to be vulgar towards someone who probably didn't even initially send the card to begin with. Again grow up and get a life. P.s. Nice spelling and grammar.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:11 AM   #45 (permalink)

With all due respect OP, your letter wasn't very professional and IMO they handled and responded to it as such.

You want a positive and productive response?

Refrain from using the word jackass in a letter to a company that you want something from.

You also have to consider that maybe the person who corrected your letter is the same person who sent you the original card thus meaning you had called them specifically a jackass.

Basically, you call me a jackass = you get the same response they sent.

I am not saying that's what happened, but you should have considered it prior to sending your response.

I am honestly not attempting to pick on you, but if you want to portray yourself as a reasonable, mature person, your communication must show that.

Proper sentence structure, politeness, reasonable requests, etc go a long way!
Old 11-12-2012, 10:35 AM   #46 (permalink)

"you can keep this letter or trash it" suggests to me the possibility of the letter being intended to be internal. One employee informing another that the card in question was mis-spelled, so that they could figure out what the writer was discussing. That is the lone place there is a "correction". The other highlighted parts seem to point out his tone and the last, what method would have been preferred.
Old 11-12-2012, 11:17 AM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoCubsWS View Post
If I got a letter with mistakes I would do the same thing. God forbid you push spell check.
Spell check doesn't correct Lesnar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vc15jrich23 View Post
good for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davesportscards View Post
good for you this wasnt an opinion thread personally i think your a scumbag. with your smart responses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinnox View Post
Quote:
"you can keep this letter or trash it" suggests to me the possibility of the letter being intended to be internal. One employee informing another that the card in question was mis-spelled, so that they could figure out what the writer was discussing. That is the lone place there is a "correction". The other highlighted parts seem to point out his tone and the last, what method would have been preferred.

From my stand point you need to hear the history before rushing to make comments of hate since i dont know any of you on a personal level. Lots of tough internet guys I see.

History:
#1.)
I sent in my Matt Kemp 2012 Tier One Auto Redemption with Delivery Conf. and it shows DLVD but Topps claims even with DC they never recieved it.

Recieved 2010 Tribute Kemp /###

#2.)
I sent in over 400 Bowman Wrappers for Blue Wave #1 in the first week of release. I called them to confirm they were recieved and the rep said they had me slated for several packs and thanked me for participated blah blah blah...

Actual Packs Recieved -0-.

#3.)
Redeemed 2011 BC Red Ref Auto of Darin Mastr. and he never signed.

Recieved: 2010 Platinum Jon Singleton Green Ref Auto #/199

#4.)
Redeemed 2011 Finest Moustakas Auto Relic...not signed

Recieved 2010 Sterling Mike Minor Auto Base.

#5.)
Redeemed 2012 Tier One Koufax gold auto

Recieved Koufax gold auto with corner lifted due to the person who squeezed it into a normal penny sleeve.

#6.)
Redeemed 2012 Knockouts Brock Lesnar Auto

Recieved 2010 Lyoto Machida auto

The issue I have is they send out replacements that are nothing close to value...as they say. $4 to keep shipping stuff back it doesnt make it any better that they think as a consumer you'll take what they send/clear off the shelf and shut up...the Lyoto had dust on it so its prob been sitting there for 2 years. How hard would it have been to just send me a 2010 Lesnar in the first place... thats my gripe..
Old 11-12-2012, 11:38 AM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:

From my stand point you need to hear the history before rushing to make comments of hate since i dont know any of you on a personal level. Lots of tough internet guys I see.
Since you respond to several other people individually and then quote me with this response, I interpret it as being directed at me.

I see no comment of hate in what you quote me on.
Nor do I see any tough guy behavior in that quote.
Just suggested the possibility that the letter was intended to be internal only and was not supposed to be sent back to you.

Read your own comments, and take a moment to reconsider who is spewing hate. Furthermore, if you dont want people opinions, dont post in a public forum.
Old 11-12-2012, 12:14 PM   #49 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Spell check doesn't correct Lesnar.
good for you.
good for you this wasnt an opinion thread personally i think your a scumbag. with your smart responses.

The issue I have is they send out replacements that are nothing close to value...as they say. $4 to keep shipping stuff back it doesnt make it any better that they think as a consumer you'll take what they send/clear off the shelf and shut up...the Lyoto had dust on it so its prob been sitting there for 2 years. How hard would it have been to just send me a 2010 Lesnar in the first place... thats my gripe..
And these types of responses confirm that you are a tool, good thing there is an ignore button on here in which you will be added. Also it is open for opinions as it is posted online, your childish name calling to them is what makes you look bad, if you had handled yourself in a professional way you might have gotten a better response. Also if you turn to name calling you may just want to find a new hobby all together.

edit and just so you know they did not correct everything, I have also found a couple more errors in the paper, it looks like it was written by a five year old.
Old 11-12-2012, 12:59 PM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
Since you respond to several other people individually and then quote me with this response, I interpret it as being directed at me.

I see no comment of hate in what you quote me on.
Nor do I see any tough guy behavior in that quote.
Just suggested the possibility that the letter was intended to be internal only and was not supposed to be sent back to you.

Read your own comments, and take a moment to reconsider who is spewing hate. Furthermore, if you dont want people opinions, dont post in a public forum.
Ok, well -Don't- Read between the lines... I had to hit Quote on you to Multi-Quote... nothing personal since you seem to take it personal. If everyone interpreted things as a personal attack this would be Syria...there was no need for anyone to post any comments of their personal feelings towards me because all you did was earn a spot on my V-I-P list...this thread was my personal opinion that Topps Cards should have better customer care/Quality control. Unless you work for @Toppscards then nothing from Post #1- until now is directed at you. If your feelings are hurt because of something simple as I quoted you and you're upset that i dint not give you a personal response well here you are... all ^ of this was for you.

Yes:
It is a public Forum
Everyone has an opinion

No:
this thread isnt to hear everyone else get into a "Size Matters" discussion