Blowout Cards Forums

Blowout Cards Forums (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/)
-   MMA - Mixed Martial Arts (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/mma-mixed-martial-arts/)
-   -   Enough is enough @Toppscards... (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/mma-mixed-martial-arts/396487-enough-enough-toppscards.html)

Srt42004n 11-10-2012 02:44 PM

Enough is enough @Toppscards...

So this is somewhat off topic here but I recieved a 2012 Brock Lesnar UFC Knockout auto redemption which I redeemed. Fast forward, Lesnar is released from UFC and never signed this card. Topps sent me a Lyoto Machida Auto from 2010 Main Event...$10 card. I sent it back with a letter of dis-satisfaction and three weeks later (Today) I recieved an envelope. Inside was a 2010 Brock Lesner Auto. Also inside was the original letter I sent and Im guessing Topps has either to much free time or they are just plain ignorant. Someone took a highlighter to the letter I sent and wrote Spelled wrong and highlighted the Errors...to me thats a slap in the face for someone to have the audacity to take the time to spell check a complaint and mail it back after already knowing the consumer was ticked about the 2 yr old replacement.... Guess ill be sending the replacement's Replacement back with another letter.

:devil:

MetDude 11-10-2012 02:46 PM

[QUOTE=Srt42004n;3619215]So this is somewhat off topic here but I recieved a 2012 Brock Lesnar UFC Knockout auto redemption which I redeemed. Fast forward, Lesnar is released from UFC and never signed this card. Topps sent me a Lyoto Machida Auto from 2010 Main Event...$10 card. I sent it back with a letter of dis-satisfaction and three weeks later (Today) I recieved an envelope. Inside was a 2010 Brock Lesner Auto. Also inside was the original letter I sent and Im guessing Topps has either to much free time or they are just plain ignorant. Someone took a highlighter to the letter I sent and wrote Spelled wrong and highlighted the Errors...to me thats a slap in the face for someone to have the audacity to take the time to spell check a complaint and mail it back after already knowing the consumer was ticked about the 2 yr old replacement.... Guess ill be sending the replacement's Replacement back with another letter.

:devil:[/QUOTE]

Not sure what your wrestling card has to do with baseball. ;)

But the reply lends credence to the thought that people at Topps are on this board.

mgugs46 11-10-2012 02:46 PM

Why send it back - you got the auto of the guy you wanted.

RG_76 11-10-2012 02:47 PM

wow, that's pretty sad customer service =(

hotbox 11-10-2012 02:49 PM

That's horrible. Have a pic of the letter? That's just wrong.

Bader 11-10-2012 02:52 PM

while I wouldn't complain about getting a Brock autograph, but that is very low of Topps to send your original letter back corrected and highlighted

vinson24 11-10-2012 02:53 PM

[QUOTE=mgugs46;3619231]Why send it back - you got the auto of the guy you wanted.[/QUOTE]

If it means that much to you just send a letter in but keep the auto of the guy you wanted

Srt42004n 11-10-2012 04:33 PM

Ive already tweeted them and a copy of the letter figure what better way then to let twittersphere see

hotbox 11-10-2012 04:35 PM

Let us see it :devil:

otmack2o 11-10-2012 04:36 PM

Another example of why grammar is important!

jlzinck 11-10-2012 04:39 PM

Personally I would cut them some slack sonsidering what they have gone through recently.

You complain and maybe the buy gets fired. Maybe he was without power for 6-8 days at home and just let his frustration over.

Professional? No. Could it be explained? Yes

Srt42004n 11-10-2012 04:40 PM

Yea but point was there was no need for them to highlight it and feel the need to mail it back! Poor customer service since they could have mailed me a Lesnar in the first place

Srt42004n 11-10-2012 04:42 PM

[QUOTE=jlzinck;3619866]Personally I would cut them some slack sonsidering what they have gone through recently.

You complain and maybe the buy gets fired. Maybe he was without power for 6-8 days at home and just let his frustration over.

Professional? No. Could it be explained? Yes[/QUOTE]

It was sent to Duryea not NY Duryea didnt even lose power. NY however is still not open.. All i picture is the guy from office space sitting in the basement of topps with a stack of Cards and a price guide oh and a highlighter

almoe66 11-10-2012 04:47 PM

No a fence but learn to right.................

I just wanted to help you all feel like you were
working for Topps for a moment ;)

The Chad 11-10-2012 04:47 PM

[QUOTE=jlzinck;3619866]Personally I would cut them some slack sonsidering what they have gone through recently.

What they may or may not have gone through has no bearing on the fact that no customer should ever be treated ilke that.

I have my own issues with Topps right now as well. I submitted everything for a missing hit and was told it was on its way, two months later I have emailed back several times forwarding the emails stating everything and the only response I get is "Topps requires buyers to supply the following information...". I have given all information and was told something was on the way. Instead I am talking to a wall trying to get someone to do their job right.

Tugarpj 11-10-2012 04:53 PM

Nah. They don't deserve slack cut over that. If the guy can't hack the job get another. No reason for that crap.

Jenkinssssss 11-10-2012 04:59 PM

Well did you learn from your mistakes?

MetDude 11-10-2012 05:07 PM

can we see the highlighted letter ?

Considering in the thread you have about this situation in the correct section states you were going to send them a love note, I imagine it would be a very insightful read.

nuccionino 11-10-2012 05:58 PM

As the OP would say, pics or it didn't happen :)!

vc15jrich23 11-10-2012 06:12 PM

Personally I find it funny, now morally it was wrong for topps to do that but if you are going to send a letter and complain about something you should have correct spelling, punc, ect.. If I was a business man and I got letters of people complaining and it was all wrong I would just toss them in the trash. To be taken serious people need to be professional which means write in the correct way and do not have any mistakes.

Like everyone else has said post pics.

SportCardBuffet 11-10-2012 06:22 PM

No matter the circumstance, from a business aspect that should not be allowed. Topps is at fault on that, try to talk to someone higher than the standard customer service.

MetDude 11-10-2012 06:31 PM

[QUOTE=SportCardBuffet;3620452]No matter the circumstance, from a business aspect that should not be allowed. Topps is at fault on that, try to talk to someone higher than the standard customer service.[/QUOTE]

thats assuming it actually happened ;)

I cant think of a good reason for the OP not to show the letter.

WilsonValdez 11-10-2012 06:33 PM

[QUOTE=MetDude;3620495]thats assuming it actually happened ;)

I cant think of a good reason for the OP not to show the letter.[/QUOTE]

Unless his spelling/grammar errors are REALLY embarrassing haha :D.

hotbox 11-10-2012 06:33 PM

[QUOTE=MetDude;3620495]thats assuming it actually happened ;)

I cant think of a good reason for the OP not to show the letter.[/QUOTE]

Unless there's personal info, but he could just cover that up. We've asked a lot now OP, let's see that pic

MetDude 11-10-2012 06:44 PM

[QUOTE=WilsonValdez;3620511]Unless his spelling/grammar errors are REALLY embarrassing haha :D.[/QUOTE]

I am udderly behooved by this comment :confused: ;)