Blowout Cards Forums

Blowout Cards Forums (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/)
-   MMA - Mixed Martial Arts (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/mma-mixed-martial-arts/)
-   -   UFC Hobby Boxes Question (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/mma-mixed-martial-arts/440743-ufc-hobby-boxes-question.html)

CAS239 01-27-2013 01:11 PM

UFC Hobby Boxes Question

I'm interested in picking up my first UFC box.

I've never purchased any sports boxes, only non sports. But I've browsed over the different boxes and it seems like there's a bit of an assortment if you want to buy a UFC box. My question is which box should I exactly go for?

Highly interested in having a good chance of pulling some big dollar cards, autos, relics, etc. Favorite fighter is GSP, and there's a handful more that are gradually up there. Want a chance to pull good cards, but want a box at a reasonable price. Also not sure what year box I should go for. I don't believe the 2013 boxes are out yet, so should I go with 2012? Or are there still a lot of good cards on the market in the 2011 and older boxes?

Info would help, links as well to the box if you want. Basically just what a noob UFC buyer needs to know or get.

drewdaddy42 01-27-2013 03:52 PM

I would recommend 2012 UFC Bloodlines, definitely a pricier option, but there are some great hits. I believe boxes are on sale right now in the $150 range.

Good luck and be sure to post your break.

CAS239 01-27-2013 10:57 PM

Yea those are a bit pricey..was looking more toward the lower $100 range. BUT, looking at the amount of hits you get as far as autos, relics, etc, it seems to be pretty good. I browsed eBay and saw one ending for about $130 and was going to just buy it. But from just asking the question in this thread today, didnt wanna make too spur of a moment decision lol. Figured if I don't see any others I'd want to buy, if there as good as I'm thinking, spending the extra $10-20 won't hurt.

Any other input would be great! So far just pretty set on the '12 bloodline

Aside from that bloodline box. What about 2011 Topps UFC Finest Factory box? Went into local sports store today and saw they were asking $109 for theirs but I see them on eBay for $75-80. Don't know if there worth it..probably might as well just spend a little more and get the 2012 Bloodline I spose

DKfxr 01-27-2013 11:28 PM

Bloodlines is the newest release and your best bet. 10 hits per box.. 5 autos and 5 relics. I wouldnt break Finest, it really doesnt sell to well.

gluck and welcome to the hobby.

CAS239 01-28-2013 02:47 PM

Alright, I'll pick up a Bloodline box when I can and be sure to post the hits

S.U.I.Z.I.D. 01-28-2013 06:20 PM

[QUOTE=CAS239;4128626]Alright, I'll pick up a Bloodline box when I can and be sure to post the hits[/QUOTE]

I would go with KNOCKOUT.

yes, it's 2 hits less but 2010 has more chances to hit legends or more well known fighters.

In Bloodlines you may get a hit and wonder, who the hell is this guy?

Since you're interested in mainly GSP, I would strongly advise not to bust any products. Just go for singles.

Knockout beats Bloodlines any time of the day.

CAS239 01-28-2013 06:36 PM

How much is knockout? Quick eBay search and if it was the right one, around $200?

I'm interested in pulling a wide range of fighters, GSP is just my favorite. Others up there are Silva, Diego Sanchez, Liddell, Bones Jones, Frankie Edgar, Nogueira, and on and on.

Brobocop 01-28-2013 08:18 PM

Everyone is going to have different experiences with all products. But I busted tons of 2010 Knockout and 2012 Knockout. I never got a single card numbered to 8 or less in any of those boxes. Could be bad luck, I dunno.

But I did buy three boxes of Bloodlines when it came out. Got a GSP/Matt Serra dual auto, Jon Jones auto, Rick Franklin Plate Auto, and a Nick Diaz Ruby Auto /8. Just my opinion but I was getting at least one card numbered to 8 or less in each box of Bloodlines. Add to that you can get Ronda Rousey and Nick Diaz LIVE autos and I think I would go with Bloodlines over Knockout. Either that or wait a while and break 2013 Knockout when that comes out.

CAS239 01-28-2013 10:49 PM

It seems like their both good and seems most of these UFC boxes have good odds compared to the non sport ones I'm use to. Going to Disney World mid Feb as a late celebration for my 22nd bday with my gf and some friends. So think I'll order a Bloodline box soon since it's a little cheaper that way I can have that much extra for my trip.

So glad I found this site..tons of info and sites I've learned in the short amount of time being in. So ready to post a box break of some UFC cards and hopefully I strike some gold.

screamingdc 01-29-2013 02:08 AM

put me down as a vote for Knockout. i agree that it's got the better ratio for big name hits compared to other products. but it's gonna be hard to hit GSP as i think he's the shortest printed guy of all the UFC fighters. i've busted multiple boxes of almost every UFC product and have only pulled 1 GSP auto, which was out of 2012 Knockout.

NeutronFarmer 01-30-2013 08:30 PM

I busted a box of 2012 Knockout and pulled 2 Nick Diaz Full-Contact auto redemptions and triple threads gold Faber/Brown/Aldo 8/9 card along with Carlos Condit auto. I like Knockout better personally. I am going to grab at least another box as well and i'll post the break.