Blowout Cards Forums
Black Friday 2014

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > MMA - Mixed Martial Arts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2013, 01:53 AM   #26 (permalink)

exactly. it's not old. it's at least more exciting than watching GSP wrestle his way to another decision victory. Dana White has got to be excited with the outcome tonight. i'm just hopeful that the UFC has enough challengers for Rousey in the next few years, if not, it'll start to resemble what GSP and Anderson Silva are doing to their weight classes by dominating. i'm hoping that the Tate/Zingano winner can learn something from Carmouche and give Rousey some competition in her next fight.
Old 02-24-2013, 01:57 AM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsfan20 View Post
Shocker another win by arm bar lol. She is very good but it does get old watching her do the same exact thing to each opponent so easily.
ya..im getting sick of her finishing people..wheres the good old fashioned lay and pray..said no real mma fan ever!!!!!!!!!
mickdapug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 03:52 AM   #28 (permalink)

First time seeing a UFC fight in person and the whole atmosphere made it a great experience. I'd watch her arm bar wins any day. Knowing the challenger KNOWS its coming can do everything to prep for it but still CAN'T stop it. Amazing.
snwboarda1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:29 AM   #29 (permalink)

Yeah Babe Ruth pointing to where he was going to knock it out of the park got boring after there first time too.

Seriously dude? Boring? Go watch WWE if Rousey bores you.
Bryanjs14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:04 AM   #30 (permalink)

I still can't believe that someone called a champion that is aggressive and finishes fights boring. I love GSP, but some of his fights you could call boring. Ronda is in some ways a female version of Mike Tyson. Fights never leave the first round, she is in your face, talks smack, backs it up, and you know what's coming and are completely defenseless. I hope she has a long and great career, she is a great fighter to watch.
Brobocop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:31 AM   #31 (permalink)

Yeah these women train for months against the thing that she says she will beat you with, and she still beats you with it. It's absolutely insane and a blast to watch.
Old 02-24-2013, 12:18 PM   #32 (permalink)

Theres no secret what she is gonna do and she still does it. Amazing.
Old 02-24-2013, 03:45 PM   #33 (permalink)

enjoyed the main event .. Carmouche almost had Rousey
exciting finish as Carmouche tried and tried to protect her arm but Rousey was better

who's next?
ricksam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 04:49 PM   #34 (permalink)

Whoever wins between Zingano and Tate. Hopefully Zingano wins just to see a new opponent, but seeing Tate vs Rousey II wouldn't be a bad thing either. I just really hope Carano comes back to MMA, apparently she is interested in a comeback.
Old 02-24-2013, 05:10 PM   #35 (permalink)

I would love to see Carano fight again, but the UFC needs to create a 145lb women's division for it to work. Carano had trouble cutting to 140 in Strikeforce and the UFC currently doesn't have 145lbs for women, which is why Cyborg Santos wanted out of her contract and even she won't fight Rousey at 135lbs.
Old 02-24-2013, 06:47 PM   #36 (permalink)

Santos could have easily cut the weight given the time. She has two problems. 1) She is afraid, she knows Rousey will beat her and 2) Her manager is the biggest piece of trash in MMA and is steering her in every wrong direction, the same way he did his own career for the last 4 or 5 years.

I think just like Cyborg, given the time Carano could cut to 135
Old 02-24-2013, 07:16 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanjs14 View Post
Santos could have easily cut the weight given the time. She has two problems. 1) She is afraid, she knows Rousey will beat her and 2) Her manager is the biggest piece of trash in MMA and is steering her in every wrong direction, the same way he did his own career for the last 4 or 5 years.

I think just like Cyborg, given the time Carano could cut to 135

this is spot on...tito is an idiot and is going to ruin cyborgs chances...dana wanted her to goto invicta for a few fights and then bring her to the ufc for a super fight with rousey at 135..so cyborg would of had all the benefits ufc fighters have..so tito in all his brilliance asks for her release and then SIGNS HER TO INVICTA....are you kidding me lol..tito is an idiot

and she could of easily cut to 135 in a few months and it wouldnt harm her health like tito claims..mike dolce could have her down to 135 in 2 days lol...so im sure she could do it healthy in a month or so lol
jerryw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:15 PM   #38 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to fm8418

I love Rousey like the next person but saying Cyborg would be scared is crazy. Cyborg could be favored
fm8418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:46 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fm8418 View Post
I love Rousey like the next person but saying Cyborg would be scared is crazy. Cyborg could be favored
Cyborg wouldn't be the favorite, believe me. She made every excuse possible to not fight Rousey, to me that is showing weakness. For how powerful and technical of a fighter she most definitely is, she is coming off as scared. It looks like it will never happen now, once you are on Dana's #@#@#@#@ list its pretty tough to get off it, no matter how she does in Invicta, I don't think Dana will want to deal with her/Tito now so we will prob never see this fight happen anyways.
Old 02-25-2013, 12:47 AM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
dumbest thing i heard all day..not a chance in hell cyborg is a favorite in that fight...cyborg has a good chance of winning sure but wont be the favorite and wont stand a chance once they get to the ground....rouseys transitions on the ground are some of the best i have seen from any mma fighter let alone female mma fighter
Old 02-25-2013, 09:57 AM   #41 (permalink)

who else was dissapointed with machida/ henderson ? it reminded me of lil nogs fight with rashad. not a whole lot happened , one guy just had more strikes then the other and got the win . im sick of seeing these big name fights, with terrible outcomes. each guy is so hesitant to make a move.
mma138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:55 AM   #42 (permalink)

Disappointed but I understand it. Both guys are razor thin to a title shot and don't want to lose it. It sucks, but it happens
Old 02-25-2013, 11:04 AM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickdapug View Post
ya..im getting sick of her finishing people..wheres the good old fashioned lay and pray..said no real mma fan ever!!!!!!!!!
Quote:
Yeah Babe Ruth pointing to where he was going to knock it out of the park got boring after there first time too.

Seriously dude? Boring? Go watch WWE if Rousey bores you.
Whoa take it easy fellas! I didnt say it was boring. I said it is getting old watching her do the exact same thing to every opponent. Its not like I am boycotting the UFC or throwing a tantrum. Just calm down. I am still going to watch the UFC and Rousey fight and enjoy it I was just giving my opinion.

Photobucket: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v480/lors/Football%20Cards/
lionsfan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:00 PM   #44 (permalink)

how exciting was the grice/bermudez fight? that was fun to watch. it got a little leonard garcia-y at the end but there was a nice mix of great skill and stupid balls out throwing bombs. that was a nice card. kinda a bummer we had to sit through 2 lame co-main for 2 ppvs in a row. i'm not taking anything away from ronda, she is very talented and a beast in the cage, but i'm really sick of her. it's not really even her but i'm done hearing about how hot she is. if thats the angle the media wants to use, i'll give them at least 5 women fighters who are hotter. this is mma, not womens volleyball. good fight though.
Old 02-25-2013, 12:04 PM   #45 (permalink)

btw, did anyone see paul daleys flying knee at cage contender in ireland over the weekend? heck of a knock out.
Old 02-25-2013, 02:50 PM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mma138 View Post
who else was dissapointed with machida/ henderson ? it reminded me of lil nogs fight with rashad. not a whole lot happened , one guy just had more strikes then the other and got the win . im sick of seeing these big name fights, with terrible outcomes. each guy is so hesitant to make a move.
machida is a counter striker...so if hes not getting punched or kicked his fights will be exactly like the henderson fight was
Old 02-25-2013, 07:03 PM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryw View Post
dumbest thing i heard all day..not a chance in hell cyborg is a favorite in that fight...cyborg has a good chance of winning sure but wont be the favorite and wont stand a chance once they get to the ground....rouseys transitions on the ground are some of the best i have seen from any mma fighter let alone female mma fighter
Sure not favorite by vegas standards and because it's not her division.

You could also say if it stays standing Rousey has no chance.

Quote:
Cyborg wouldn't be the favorite, believe me. She made every excuse possible to not fight Rousey, to me that is showing weakness. For how powerful and technical of a fighter she most definitely is, she is coming off as scared. It looks like it will never happen now, once you are on Dana's #@#@#@#@ list its pretty tough to get off it, no matter how she does in Invicta, I don't think Dana will want to deal with her/Tito now so we will prob never see this fight happen anyways.
Their not on Dana Whites list. They were at the event also, maybe they just wanted the freedom to choose their own path and not be tied to the UFC.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:10 PM   #48 (permalink)

[QUOTE=fm8418;4341137]Sure not favorite by vegas standards and because it's not her division.

Their not on Dana Whites list. They were at the event also, maybe they just wanted the freedom to choose their own path and not be tied to the UFC.[/QUOTE]

dumbest thing i ever heard...every mma fighter and i mean every mma fighter wants to be in the ufc and the thing about rosey having no chance on the feet...are you serious you do understand what judo is correct..she will have cyborg grounded within 2 minutes of the opening bell lol...
Old 02-26-2013, 01:21 PM   #49 (permalink)

[QUOTE=jerryw;4343616]
Quote:
Sure not favorite by vegas standards and because it's not her division.

Their not on Dana Whites list. They were at the event also, maybe they just wanted the freedom to choose their own path and not be tied to the UFC.[/QUOTE]

dumbest thing i ever heard...every mma fighter and i mean every mma fighter wants to be in the ufc and the thing about rosey having no chance on the feet...are you serious you do understand what judo is correct..she will have cyborg grounded within 2 minutes of the opening bell lol...

She can make money elsewhere beating up cans and do steroids, so take your "dumbest" comments elsewhere please. We have no idea how a fight would play out so making any guarantee is ridiculous

Look at Josh Barnett, a top 10 heavyweight who doesn't want to be tied to the UFC completly. Now I think he might changed his mind but he likes having other options than just UFC.