Blowout Cards Forums
Labor Day

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > MMA - Mixed Martial Arts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2013, 01:33 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Most expensive rc of MMA?

What is the most desirable/expensive MMA auto out there?

I am looking to diversify and invest some in MMA, thanks!
hazenuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 04:50 AM   #2 (permalink)

most short printed anderson silva , gsp , and jon jones autos are valued

and right now Ronda Rousey autos are sky rocketing in value......

just go to ebay and search Ronda Rousey Finest 2012 Base auto /25 and see what the asking price is

hope that helps
Old 03-25-2013, 08:43 AM   #3 (permalink)

Ronda cards are horrible investment, 1 buyer drove the market so high( he owns the 1/1 auto and 15 or so out of the 25 gold rc autos), and when/if she loses her cards will DROP.

The 4 best cards investment wise are (no paticular order)
1. Anderson Silva rd 1 red auto /25
2. GSP rd 1 red auto /25
3. A. Silva vs Chris Leben rd 1 dual auto/relic /25
4. Jon Jones rd 2 red auto /25

Those are the 4 best from an investment standpoint ong term.

But if you watch MMA/UFC, basically any up and comer, you can make money on.
twoten01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:19 AM   #4 (permalink)

But if she doesn't lose then its a great investment is it not? He literally has the market cornered
Bryanjs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 02:19 PM   #5 (permalink)

2009 Topps UFC autos have really dried up, and with boxes priced at $600+ they are only getting scarcer.

Round 2 and Main Event boxes are getting scarcer, so the autos should be a good bet.

2006 Allen & Ginter Randy Couture Auto is rarely listed any more, and I think has potential with a current price of around $150.

Any new #/25 Topps UFC are not difficult to find, and you run the risk of the fighter losing a fight.
Old 03-25-2013, 02:20 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanjs14 View Post
But if she doesn't lose then its a great investment is it not? He literally has the market cornered
Correct. Like any other investment, it's all in the timing. Since Ronda will be coaching the next season of TUF, her cards won't be sliding anytime soon.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:23 AM   #7 (permalink)

The thing holding ronda's auto price high right now is scarcity. She was only in 2 series of topps so far..and in the last one(bloodlines) she had a grand total of 191 autos..total. in finest, her base was a short print and she had 38 total numbered autos. In mma cards, that is nothing..

topps can choose to be smart and continue to short print her autos, keeping demand higher than supply..or they can flood the market with newer ronda autos, which will serve to lower the prices on all of her cards. TUF will have less impact on her prices than what topps does in the upcoming KO release...

Twoten knows his stuff and if you are really looking to invest in mma cards, the ones he listed are the grails of the hobby.. you can always diversify with a ronda auto as well.
matthewevan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:39 AM   #8 (permalink)

Thanks Matt, now if you would loosen your strangle hold on the Silva red inks, lol. Did you pick up the BGS authentic GSP red ink, surprised it only went for $900.
Old 03-26-2013, 10:23 AM   #9 (permalink)

I agree with everything Matthew and twoten have said so far....the thing i like about the finest rousey auto is the fact it is on card that to me does add a nice touch especially on her rookie card but im curious is 50 or 300 exist i wish they were numbered. Anything rd 1 red ink would be a great find, they are getting rare to see and have HOF (and future) Couture, Gracie, Silva, GSP, Penn rookie autos
Old 03-26-2013, 03:19 PM   #10 (permalink)

I would add

RD1 GSP and Gracie UGA to the top lists out there
DKfxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:26 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoten01 View Post
Thanks Matt, now if you would loosen your strangle hold on the Silva red inks, lol. Did you pick up the BGS authentic GSP red ink, surprised it only went for $900.
Nope!! I dont know who picked that up but they got a steal. I was watching that one and said..i will be home to bid..so i dont need to set an auto bid.. we all know how that goes..i totally forgot about it and logged on my computer about twenty minutes after it ended..i would have definitely bid more..and i am not even a GSP fan..
matthewevan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:58 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewevan View Post
Nope!! I dont know who picked that up but they got a steal. I was watching that one and said..i will be home to bid..so i dont need to set an auto bid.. we all know how that goes..i totally forgot about it and logged on my computer about twenty minutes after it ended..i would have definitely bid more..and i am not even a GSP fan..
Yeah same here. You know I love Silva, and I don't really like GSP, but I would have bid more than that, I fell asleep, and woke up an hour later, saying to myself, "Sucks I missed it, but Matt probably won it" lol. I thought it would have went to $1500, but for under a grand, I would have bought it to use towards a trade for a Silva red ink.

Do you happen to have any rarer Joe Lauzon cards? Maybe any rubies? I am trying to put together a Lauzon Super collection and have more than 50% of his cards, I really only need his rubies and 1/1's, and I think 2 or 3 /88's. LMK on here or BMMAC
Old 03-27-2013, 11:46 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoten01 View Post
Do you happen to have any rarer Joe Lauzon cards? Maybe any rubies? I am trying to put together a Lauzon Super collection and have more than 50% of his cards, I really only need his rubies and 1/1's, and I think 2 or 3 /88's. LMK on here or BMMAC
twoten not to thread hyjack but i can get the finest 2012 1/1 base and a rd 2 ruby/8 and i think a MOT ruby /8 pm me on here or bmmac if your interested.
Old 04-09-2013, 07:20 PM   #14 (permalink)

Great MMA investments from a "Buy Low/Sell High" perspective are:

Phil Davis(Especially if he beats Magalhaes on April 27th and he does have auto's out already)

Chris Weidman(Purchase before he fights Anderson Silva, his auto will skyrocket if he beats him)

And people who don't have auto's out but when they do, pounce:

Glover Teixeira
Renan Barao

2 Long term investments

Khabib Nurmagomedov(19-0, which in MMA is crazy and has looked good in the UFC so far)

Alexis Davis(Sick submission game and is my pick to unseat Ronda Rousey, has 8 submission but has never been submitted herself)
Desanto846 is offline   Reply With Quote