Blowout Cards Forums
New Categories

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > MMA - Mixed Martial Arts

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2013, 10:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
Deathgate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bolivia, NC
Posts: 1,690
Default GSP cast in new Captain America movie as...

BATROC THE LEAPER!

WTH? I can see St Pierre as a villain in a superhero movie, but who's idea was it to use Batroc as one of the villains? That's like getting Peter Dinklage for your movie, and having him play Howard the Duck!

Batroc the Leaper: Georges St. Pierre lands role in upcoming 'Captain America: Winter Soldier' movie - MMAmania.com
__________________
My Sketch Card Collection: http://www.sketchcollectors.com/gallery.php?user_id=39

I am a network admin. If you see me laughing, pray you have a recent backup.
Deathgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:22 AM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 31
Default

Wasnt gsp already in a movie? Didnt he play the mini version of Dr. Evil in Austin Powers?
matthewevan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 12:07 AM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bethalto, IL
Posts: 59
Default

Not a lot of other Captain America villains with that accent, and it should make for some great fight scenes!
__________________
I'm fdgowin all over the internet.
fdgowin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 02:57 AM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 5,166
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathgate View Post
BATROC THE LEAPER!

WTH? I can see St Pierre as a villain in a superhero movie, but who's idea was it to use Batroc as one of the villains? That's like getting Peter Dinklage for your movie, and having him play Howard the Duck!

Batroc the Leaper: Georges St. Pierre lands role in upcoming 'Captain America: Winter Soldier' movie - MMAmania.com

actually Batroc is a pretty well known villian from the comics. He's appeared and fought mostly against Captain America but also had battles with Spiderman, Punisher, Hawkeye, Deadpool, Gambit, Iron Fist, etc. Plus it follows with the first movie's storyline as Batroc was hired by HYDRA
duwal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 03:11 AM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 4,644
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewevan View Post
Wasnt gsp already in a movie? Didnt he play the mini version of Dr. Evil in Austin Powers?
That was Verne Troyer
mikebsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:02 AM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
Deathgate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bolivia, NC
Posts: 1,690
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by duwal View Post
actually Batroc is a pretty well known villian from the comics. He's appeared and fought mostly against Captain America but also had battles with Spiderman, Punisher, Hawkeye, Deadpool, Gambit, Iron Fist, etc. Plus it follows with the first movie's storyline as Batroc was hired by HYDRA
I'll give you that, but I've always found the character a bit silly. I hope they update his look significantly for the movie. I really prefer it that the villains are threatening in some way, and I just don't see a Snidely Whiplash mustache and purple hooded coveralls to be that imposing.
__________________
My Sketch Card Collection: http://www.sketchcollectors.com/gallery.php?user_id=39

I am a network admin. If you see me laughing, pray you have a recent backup.
Deathgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 06:12 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,783
Default

i dont like it when these top athletes get involved with these movies. he needs his focus to be on his sport 100 percent .
mma138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.