Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > MMA - Mixed Martial Arts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2013, 08:35 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default UFC value help?

I just broke my first box of ufc cards (huge fan but never collected the cards) 2013 KO and had a VERY nice box.

assorted hits
Dan Hardy Mem
Belfort/W Sliva ultimate knockouts
Frankie Edgar auto/mem /99
Mighty Mouse auto/188
Ronda Rousey Belt Replica/135
Anderson Silva/Chael Sonnen dual mem/50

and....

a GSP Ruby auto/8

Any idea on the value of the GSP? I'm thinking it could be several hundred...
jsmitty7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 08:40 PM   #2 (permalink)

Do you have a picture. I am also new but my father been doing it for a while. I believe an /8 would bring around 250-350 dollars in my view. Look at my big hit I just got. See it in my photo bucket.

MMA Cards Photos by olivetree2333 | Photobucket
NikkiO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 08:48 PM   #3 (permalink)

very nice! No picture yet.... but it's good to hear its as good of a box as I thought!
jsmitty7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 08:53 PM   #4 (permalink)

I think people overvalue UFC cards nowadays. A couple of years ago, that probably would have gone for $400-$500. Now? I'd say $200 or so.
Old 05-23-2013, 09:25 PM   #5 (permalink)

$250-300 is a good estimate
Bryanjs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 11:11 PM   #6 (permalink)

OK lets do it this way... GSP EBAY Listing Sales

I think it is there in the $600-800 Range... not making up a number its there... Jon Dodson's Rookie Ruby sold for $155 (by me) and he doesn't carry the stature that GSP does... He has a HUGE Following here and in Canada... His base auto /75 goes $125+... $400 is a nice basic level, but it's harder, especially when this product hasn't been hotter than what it is now! Nice hit man like I said in the PM!

Proud member and worker on boxbusters.tv, come visit BoogsCards
dilandboogscard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 11:05 AM   #7 (permalink)

its john dodsons 1st auto...people pay quite a premium for that...GSP has thousands of autos now...its still better than the dodson for sure....but id say 200-250...cuz alot of ppl are spending there money on newer stuff...like diaz, rousey and the 1st signers in this set are the best in a while...glover, barao, dodson, mcmann, all going for a nice amount...
jstasyk1121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 11:22 AM   #8 (permalink)

$250 is a good estimate. I would probably do a bin/best offer and hope that someone wants it. I would also encourage you to list is asap. first one usually carries a little bit of a premium.
ensbergcollecto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 05:00 PM   #9 (permalink)

I'll agree with the 250-300 range. The Dodson definitely went for 155.00 because of being his first auto. I alone have like 6 GSP autos, granted none are close to out of 8, but I paid no where near 100 for any of um individually. His base from this set is selling so hot right now because of the newness of the product. It won't stay at 100-150 for long because once it burns down no one is gonna pay that much especially when it hits Beckett and it's booking for around 100.
gamer4l1fe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 05:32 PM   #10 (permalink)

his base auto will settle down into the $50ish range...i got a full contact from KO12 for $42 not long after that came out last yr...him/silva/jones dont go for what you would think...unless very rare or some new type of hit...and this is very rare but still would not go for as much as it should when u compare it to like a diaz auto or something...for whatever reason that guy has fans that drive those prices way too high...

rousey rookie base auto goes for like $200...prob same as GSP /8 auto...sadly
jstasyk1121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 06:39 PM   #11 (permalink)

You were thinking along the same lines as me jstasyk1121. I bought GSP's Permium Pieces and Full Contact autos from 2012 in one lot for like 112.00 I think. So you got a better deal than I did, but I like to be right in the half of book value range. I honestly think that's fair value unless your holding something numbered less than 10.
Old 05-24-2013, 10:01 PM   #12 (permalink)

Not to be the outcast but call blasphemy... The ruby is a hard hit... And his collection base people is huge... The # is hogher and wouldnt let it go for less imo... Yea its some of these guys first autos I get that your talking about base autos... I have the fistograph pf gsp online now /10... Only reason im selling is bc of a different box break i hit his base auto /75, you say it will be worth more if it is /10 or less well it is bc its /8... Call a spade a spade but thats a huge hit... And btw diaz sucks...

Old 05-24-2013, 10:26 PM   #13 (permalink)

I despise Diaz and can't believe his cards command what they do to be honest with ya. A ruby GSP yes is rare, but think about how many Ruby autos GSP has now. The market is super saturated with autos from just about every top guy and that's why people go crazy when guys like Barao, Gusto, and Glover get their first on card autos because they haven't been oversaturated yet. You could probably sell that GSP for like 400-500, but do you want to sit on it for a year or two waiting for the right person to come along. 200-300 is more the move it price and not so much the best you can get price.
Old 05-25-2013, 06:08 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamer4l1fe View Post
I despise Diaz and can't believe his cards command what they do to be honest with ya. A ruby GSP yes is rare, but think about how many Ruby autos GSP has now. The market is super saturated with autos from just about every top guy and that's why people go crazy when guys like Barao, Gusto, and Glover get their first on card autos because they haven't been oversaturated yet. You could probably sell that GSP for like 400-500, but do you want to sit on it for a year or two waiting for the right person to come along. 200-300 is more the move it price and not so much the best you can get price.
I see your point. I guess with every product theres a ruby for all the Guys...

Old 05-25-2013, 08:11 AM   #15 (permalink)

12/29/2012 Sale Information:
2012 Bloodlines Georges St-Pierre /8 Auto card was purchased for $134.75 including shipping. The card was purchased from Canada and shipped to the US.
whelan144l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 09:28 AM   #16 (permalink)

I don't think you can compare Bloodline to Knockout. Knockout is their premier product for UFC and the Knockout Ruby is on card, while the Bloodlines is a sticker.
Brobocop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 09:38 AM   #17 (permalink)

Brobocop
I agree a card signed is more desirable than a sticker signed and applied to a card. As I consider you an eBay seller, not an eBay lister. Hopefully you pull one and we can see what it really sells for.
whelan144l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 09:41 AM   #18 (permalink)

I pulled a Jon Jones ruby autograph and am auctioning it off. I have no clue what it may go for, I just think that a Knockout ruby auto would be more desirable than a Bloodlines auby auto.
Brobocop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 11:51 AM   #19 (permalink)

I sold an Anderson Silva ruby autograph /8 outside of eBay for $300. I would say Anderson is a little better (sell value) than GSP.
Bryanjs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 04:34 PM   #20 (permalink)

It really all comes down to finding the right person to buy it. Market value determines most things, but like everything else in life there's a sucker born everyday. The real problem is that anything less than 10 is unpriced due to scarcity so people can put any crazy number they want on it. I don't really think on card compared to sticker makes a big difference either if their both ruby cards unless one is from a 40 dollar box and one is from a 150 dollar box. I mean a few bucks sure, but nothing silly.
Old 05-25-2013, 06:06 PM   #21 (permalink)

No, Anderson os not a bigger sell than GSP, your crazy...

Old 05-25-2013, 06:11 PM   #22 (permalink)

I not trying to instogate, but Bloodlines was horrific and this years knockout is legit. Stiker autos are horrible imo... But what can you do... I think the Autos this year on the base auto is absolutely stunning... Whether or not it goes for a on more IDK, also IMO GSP commands a larger market than anderson, his basic autos sell for $40 so yea... I have seen three GSPs in two cases an also a Rousey full contact... 3 books, 1 was autod oters were just relic, three rub autos, 2 ruby base, 2 fistographs (same box believe it or not it was the friekiest hit ever ) a handful of prime ttts and a dual auto ... Out of 16 boxes 15 had a total value of $100 or more at least and one card from each box woulw easily sell for $40+ amd only one box was absolutely awful... I was shocked have never seen a product so friendly on hits

Old 05-25-2013, 07:06 PM   #23 (permalink)

I at one point had over 30 A. Silva 1/1's and watched comparable GSp's. Silva's outsold Pierre's every time, unless it was around a GSP fight. The thing is though alot of US sellers don't ship to Canada, so that does play a role in it I am sure.
twoten01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 01:24 AM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoten01 View Post
I at one point had over 30 A. Silva 1/1's and watched comparable GSp's. Silva's outsold Pierre's every time, unless it was around a GSP fight. The thing is though alot of US sellers don't ship to Canada, so that does play a role in it I am sure.
I ship to Canada... doesn't bother me, maybe thats why I see more success... but you do have an interesting point!

Old 05-26-2013, 01:49 AM   #25 (permalink)

Yeah the shipping thing definitely plays a role because I would say say about 90% of the auctions I look at say US shipping only. Now granted I'm a US shopper, but that has to play a role in purchases from GSP fans in other countries. But on the other hand you could say it plays the same role as any other fan of any other fighter who doesn't live in the US. In order to say that's the be all end all you'd have to say most MMA cards are bought up from Canadians. I'm sure everyone can see how that statement doesn't really make sense now does it. I mean sure more people in Canada are gonna wanna buy GSP and Rory Autos, but like wise more people from Brazil will wanna buy Silva autos and more people from Japan will wanna buy all the Japanese fighters like Gomi and Okami and such.