Blowout Cards Forums

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > MMA - Mixed Martial Arts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2013, 01:26 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Stunned no one chats about MMA

So I am absolutely stunned that the UFC phenom phase is over... I watch here and there but I still follow a lot of the guys careers, especially Rich Franklin and Brian Stann. I am just baffled no one on here talks about the new product AT all... and that also nothing about the fights tonight... They were unbelievable!

Proud member and worker on boxbusters.tv, come visit BoogsCards
dilandboogscard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 01:41 AM   #2 (permalink)

You kidding me if someone posted something about the fights I'd be all over it. I got about 3 or 4 friends and myself we watch every fight just about from every company. To your original point the fights tonight were beyond great. The average fan loves finishes and can't stand real pure MMA like wrestling and JJ well then tonight was your night with all the finishes.
gamer4l1fe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 01:45 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamer4l1fe View Post
You kidding me if someone posted something about the fights I'd be all over it. I got about 3 or 4 friends and myself we watch every fight just about from every company. To your original point the fights tonight were beyond great. The average fan loves finishes and can't stand real pure MMA like wrestling and JJ well then tonight was your night with all the finishes.
Dos Santos looked UNREAL, I have not seen that fierceness from him at all, it was awesome tonight, was listing my UFC Knockout on Ebay and watching the fights on the same screen... Dos Santos Murdered hunt and Boom put the Dos Santos Fist-ograph up and it was getting ding ding ding haha, but man I love the fights, it just seems as if this forum is dead...

Old 05-26-2013, 01:55 AM   #4 (permalink)

I think the problem is most everyone uses the forum for showing off hits and selling and or buying. I agree with ya JDS's finish of Hunt was freaking awesome because he has a granite chin and it took a head kick and a vicious right hand follow up to finish him. The Cain finish was no surprise to anyone it was no wonder he was a -700 favorite to win. Bigfoot didn't belong in there with him regardless of beating Overeem. Hell Cain spread his blood all over the octagon the first time they fought. The shock of the night was how quickly Grant dispatched Maynard. We all thought Grant would put up a good fight and some thought he might win, but not like that DAMN!!!!
Old 05-26-2013, 02:02 AM   #5 (permalink)

Yea I agree, I know not many people chat, but also with that with how hot Knockout has been no one on here talks about it... its freakishly odd... I've seen nothing but monsters... btw about gsp auto, I seen one pulled in the shop, the TTT Auto /9 with Color for $600 Cash... WTF

Old 05-26-2013, 02:12 AM   #6 (permalink)

Yea I flip a ton but some I keep, I am a HUGE Rich Franklin Collector... I was at Oak Hills High School when he was still teaching there back in 2002, and then being a Marine I thoroughly like Brian Stann, a Captain of the Marine Corps... My wife has a HUGE Crush on GSP so I was going to keep the Fist-ograph but my buddy said sell and buy her the base auto... Luckily I just pulled one a short time later... IDK man, I am into the boxes at 125 a box and thats why its not so killer on me... but I don't look at it as resale... Bloodlines SUCKED compared to this and the boxes here you at least seemed to get a card that was cool and had value to it... I got a bunch of those @utos which seemed to be rare to hit... and it just seemed fun to open the boxes... only 1 out of 16 seemed to be bad... I open a lot and see a lot opened and haven't seen a product as loaded as this one is... thats just my opinion... you can open a box of TTT and hit Jack and have $20 in value for $180 so thats just my two cents

Old 05-26-2013, 02:25 AM   #7 (permalink)

Yeah I've seen a lot of monster boxes opened on here and various sites. I guess my imagination just ran away with me on my lead up to my box. I guess overall I didn't do to bad I got a Barao red ink, Menjivar base auto, Tate Auto Relic, Vinny Magahles(spelling) auto relic and a ruby base of Ben Rothwell and ruby insert of Machida. SO it wasn't terrible I mean if I sold everything might of doubled my money or got close and frogot a triple threads of GSP, Silva and Anderson. Well when I write it all out I guess my box wasn't really that bad when I look at it all wrote out. LOL
Old 05-26-2013, 02:33 AM   #8 (permalink)

Yea but so say you weren't looking for value right and were just a collector who rips a lot... thats a Sweet box... you got hits that were cool all the way around in that... thats a big box really... hahaha... but still when have you gotten a box like that or a box that had a hit in it and it was only one good card... you got a couple there ... thats how a lot of the boxes I seen ripped looked

Old 05-26-2013, 02:33 AM   #9 (permalink)

Im watching this guy rip a case and he has this handlebar mustache and has an interpreter or amigo with him its amusing... I dislike the Dbagisness of a lot of case breakrs

Old 05-26-2013, 02:43 AM   #10 (permalink)

I am a collector in the sense of the word in that I've only ever bought stuff or traded for it for other stuff. I've never once sold anything on any site including ebay. Now I can't say if I pulled a monster it wouldn't of found its way onto ebay because it very well might of.
Old 05-26-2013, 02:49 AM   #11 (permalink)

I get ya, I rip to get cool hits, and turn around and pick up stuff for PC... I only like certain people Rich Franklin and Brian Stann, and then all Cincinnati Teams, and then Local Guys and the buckeyes, I trade a lot too... I have a HUGE Cincy collection...

Old 05-26-2013, 03:00 AM   #12 (permalink)

Buckeyes now your speaking my language I'm a diehard OSU fan. I love the fact we're off the damn probation period this year and Urban's gonna lead us back to the promised land.
Old 05-26-2013, 03:08 AM   #13 (permalink)

O yes... it will be a bit ugly... I think the SEC could be in trouble now

Old 05-26-2013, 09:19 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilandboogscard View Post
Yea I agree, I know not many people chat, but also with that with how hot Knockout has been no one on here talks about it... its freakishly odd... I've seen nothing but monsters... btw about gsp auto, I seen one pulled in the shop, the TTT Auto /9 with Color for $600 Cash... WTF
knockout is ok..but I think you are overhyping it for sure bro...it has plenty of bum boxes ....just since you saw some nice ones doesn't mean its HOT.in previous releases it all sold well...not just the monsters..plus by next week,everyone will bitch about the low resale value...happens every time!!!
mickdapug is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 11:09 AM   #15 (permalink)

I love talking about mma I just never rarely start any discussion because I don't get response back. I would love to constantly be able to talk about cards and events.
NikkiO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 12:48 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickdapug View Post
knockout is ok..but I think you are overhyping it for sure bro...it has plenty of bum boxes ....just since you saw some nice ones doesn't mean its HOT.in previous releases it all sold well...not just the monsters..plus by next week,everyone will bitch about the low resale value...happens every time!!!
I guess, I rip enough to see the difference

Old 05-26-2013, 12:49 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiO View Post
I love talking about mma I just never rarely start any discussion because I don't get response back. I would love to constantly be able to talk about cards and events.
Idk I love talking all sports and people hear act as CPU hard guys.. U c the fights last night

Old 05-26-2013, 04:48 PM   #18 (permalink)

im so pumped for cain vs jds 3!!
Old 05-26-2013, 05:56 PM   #19 (permalink)

I'm not and I'm a fan of JDS. I just don't think he has more then a punchers chance against Cain. I can't see the fight going any other way then what happened in their second fight.