Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Card Event 4/27/14

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > MMA - Mixed Martial Arts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2013, 03:09 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Redemption Replacements - Sad

I finally requested replacements for 2 cards from 2012 KNOCKOUT, which I'd consider the top shelf product for UFC cards. I ended up with replacements from 2010 MAIN EVENT. A low end retail product.

Jose Aldo Auto Relic ===> Rashad Evans Auto (not numbered)
Tim Kennedy Full Contact Auto /99 ====> Jon Fitch Auto /50

Seriously??
Attached Thumbnails
Redemption Replacements - Sad-img_20130605_183959_927.jpg   Redemption Replacements - Sad-img_20130605_183735_829.jpg  
cardboardHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 03:12 AM   #2 (permalink)

Wow.... Evans doesn't sell for what I thought he would.

Sorry man
Nyfancam01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 03:17 AM   #3 (permalink)

The biggest scam in redemption replacements is the claim that they substitute for Beckett equivalent value. Guess what, there's no way to value a card that was never made or shipped! And redemptions sell for less than what a live card would because the buyers know they're taking a risk and want a discount.
Old 06-06-2013, 09:29 AM   #4 (permalink)

fricken topps man. SMH
Old 06-06-2013, 11:47 AM   #5 (permalink)

WOWWWW.... you got scammed hard!

Sorry to hear dude... that really sucks!
Yaga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 01:56 PM   #6 (permalink)

Meanwhile... this guy gets a replacement for an Al Kaline baseball card, and they send him an Aldo auto relic...

https://twitter.com/alladinsane69/st...716608/photo/1
Old 06-07-2013, 05:47 PM   #7 (permalink)

This is why I refuse to buy any more topps UFC, they are notorious for giving collectors the shaft like this. I'd be fuming and sending that shizz right back.
Old 06-08-2013, 07:07 PM   #8 (permalink)

Topps is f*cking unbelievable. Still waiting on a six auto/patch boolet, from 6 months ago. Wonder what kind of BS they will send when they get around to it. Sorry about your luck, bad deal.
eb12057 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 09:15 PM   #9 (permalink)

jesus christ , this really bothers me about my pending redemptions
Old 06-09-2013, 02:45 PM   #10 (permalink)

1/1 jds auto got a Frankie edger 3/8 auto
gcp4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 11:20 AM   #11 (permalink)

and when you call the 1-800# to try and speak with a topps representative in the redemption department, you are on hold, listening to fricking David Wright and their hold music for at least 25-30 minutes each call. If you are lucky, you won't get the "nobody is available to answer your call at this time, please try again later....CLICK!"

there is only 1 supervisor which oversees this shitty department. his name is Vincent, and he is a real piece of crap. he shows absolutely no empathy and doesn't even offer any type of apology on behalf of topps for not being to provide the redemption card. and when the mandatory 90 day waiting period finally lapses, and you call to work something out with topps for a replacement card, you get fed the "you can't pick and choose your replacement. we have the right to send you a beckett valued equivalent...." that is total BS! i had to file a BBB complaing in the New York area in order to get fair replacement cards for my 2, higher end willie mays auto redemptions. even after doing so, they calculated to the exact penny, the 5 replacement card values, and did not offer anything on top of the calculated value, even though they were more than 9 months late. all i was expecting to make things right was a sincere apology from that douche bag vincent, and possibly a bonus card. it didn't happen.

this is the reason i will not be cracking any more topps products in the future. what a shitty company!
Old 06-19-2013, 10:42 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigal View Post
and when you call the 1-800# to try and speak with a topps representative in the redemption department, you are on hold, listening to fricking David Wright and their hold music for at least 25-30 minutes each call. If you are lucky, you won't get the "nobody is available to answer your call at this time, please try again later....CLICK!"

there is only 1 supervisor which oversees this shitty department. his name is Vincent, and he is a real piece of crap. he shows absolutely no empathy and doesn't even offer any type of apology on behalf of topps for not being to provide the redemption card. and when the mandatory 90 day waiting period finally lapses, and you call to work something out with topps for a replacement card, you get fed the "you can't pick and choose your replacement. we have the right to send you a beckett valued equivalent...." that is total BS! i had to file a BBB complaing in the New York area in order to get fair replacement cards for my 2, higher end willie mays auto redemptions. even after doing so, they calculated to the exact penny, the 5 replacement card values, and did not offer anything on top of the calculated value, even though they were more than 9 months late. all i was expecting to make things right was a sincere apology from that douche bag vincent, and possibly a bonus card. it didn't happen.

this is the reason i will not be cracking any more topps products in the future. what a shitty company!
I've been waiting on 2 Jimi Hendrix relics from Topps since late 2011. Yesterday received two Dwight Gooden autos numbered to /199. Worth $8 each,if I'm lucky. And I don't even collect baseball,seriously Jimi Hendrix for Dwight Gooden???(no disrespect to the player) I paid $225 each for the redemptions. And this Vincent guy has NEVER RESPONDED to at least 30 emails.
I filed with BBB today. And it goes without saying I WILL NEVER BUY TOPPS PRODUCTS OF ANY KIND EVER AGAIN...
spacefanmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 11:36 PM   #13 (permalink)

You got Dwight Gooden instead of Jimi Hendrix...Seriously?! wth...
Marshall1432 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 11:40 PM   #14 (permalink)

I submitted a UFC "Anyar" something...hes a fighter from Afghanistan. Maybe I will get lucky and they cannot find it and will send me a GSP or a Tate. hahaha
Marshall1432 is offline   Reply With Quote