Blowout Cards Forums
Blaster Master

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > MMA - Mixed Martial Arts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2013, 12:36 AM   #26 (permalink)

Silva asked for it he is the most disrespectful fighter there has been.......hands down all the time dancing the guy got caught and thats what he gets!!!!
Old 07-07-2013, 12:38 AM   #27 (permalink)
Banned

Looks like Silva is going to retire\take time off
ConRyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 12:41 AM   #28 (permalink)

just retire what else is their to do. i really hate to see it end like this though.

everybody has to lose sooner or later. i mean what a hell of a run he had.
pickle86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 12:44 AM   #29 (permalink)

cocky sumofabitch got what he deserved.
Bryanjs14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 12:45 AM   #30 (permalink)

Weidman won every aspect of the fight. He dominated Silva, although Silva just did not look into it at all. He cost himself the belt. We'll have to see how much he has left in the tank, and if we get one of the two superfights (Jones, GSP) that we've been dying to see for years.
Old 07-07-2013, 12:46 AM   #31 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Nick2317 Send a message via Yahoo to Nick2317

Silva finally got caught being a douche and paid for it .....I don't know how many other fights where he did the same thing and somehow got away with it Im glad he lost
Nick2317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 12:47 AM   #32 (permalink)

I don't want to make an excuse for Silva but I think he was ready to give the belt up. He clearly was not trying to beat weidman. If Silva would of fought hands up and with the intent to finish, he could of. You can hear by the tone in his voice that fighting for him is about making a better life for his family and he did that. He has made a ton of money and he just signed a new contract, so he just has to "show up" and he gets paid. He's not stupid, he just doesn't care about the belt anymore, not as much as UFC fans do anyways.
sjim8660 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 12:48 AM   #33 (permalink)

Anderson Silva..................

Old 07-07-2013, 12:50 AM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
Weidman won every aspect of the fight. He dominated Silva, although Silva just did not look into it at all. He cost himself the belt. We'll have to see how much he has left in the tank, and if we get one of the two superfights (Jones, GSP) that we've been dying to see for years.
there is no way we see those super fights. thats really the only crappy thing about him losing. GSP has zero reason to fight him now, and Jones is the same way. I would say if Anderson comes back at 205 and climbs the ladder normally Jones v Silva could happen, but Jones has also said that he is done with the weight class after 2 more fights and wants to move to heavyweight, so he might not be there anymore when/if Anderson makes the permanent move to 205
Bryanjs14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 12:51 AM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjim8660 View Post
I don't want to make an excuse for Silva but I think he was ready to give the belt up. He clearly was not trying to beat weidman. If Silva would of fought hands up and with the intent to finish, he could of. You can hear by the tone in his voice that fighting for him is about making a better life for his family and he did that. He has made a ton of money and he just signed a new contract, so he just has to "show up" and he gets paid. He's not stupid, he just doesn't care about the belt anymore, not as much as UFC fans do anyways.
+1 . Dana bought Weidman that belt Gonna miss seeing the old Spider looks like he's not into it anymore after his post fight interview.
Old 07-07-2013, 12:53 AM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
That speech sounded too scripted to me

I don't think he will fight again in that weight class. I think he will go to either Jones or GSPs weight class and try to win that belt. Dana white will have a huge impact in that too. Silva was talking about his family and how his life has changed and I think White might have said a little something about one of the super fights....the problem is that GSP said he doesn't want that fight
armyatc22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 12:53 AM   #37 (permalink)

Well I couldn't have been more wrong.
Let this be a lesson... you showboat, you get knocked the F out.
SBelcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 12:56 AM   #38 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to thepistonsfan

The smartest thing Weidman did was not go after Silva in the first round when Spider was goading him.
Old 07-07-2013, 01:05 AM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepistonsfan View Post
The smartest thing Weidman did was not go after Silva in the first round when Spider was goading him.
That's what people aren't understanding. The "clowning" wasn't just him being an idiot. It's a tactic that he used often...and successfully. Forrest Griffin, Chael, Bonnar, all fell for it and fought like idiots because they let the taunting get to them.
Luckily Weidman didn't let it get to him, and Andy got his clock cleaned for his troubles.
geezhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 01:12 AM   #40 (permalink)

I guess these are worth something now

DKfxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 01:12 AM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoten01 View Post
Silva by whatever way he wants, and which ever round he wants.
HAHAHAHA to all the people that thought like this.
Old 07-07-2013, 01:12 AM   #42 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to wheeler281

Quote:
^^No disrepsect but that is a load of crap. I am quite sure he did not want to make a mockery of the title by losing in this fashion. You clown you go down eventually
"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there." -QB John Elway On Jack Lambert(1983)
wheeler281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 01:36 AM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKfxr View Post
I guess these are worth something now

Very nice! I grabbed one after he beat Sakara.

Old 07-07-2013, 01:51 AM   #44 (permalink)

If you don't think Silva deserved that then your foolish. Finally his disrespectful #@#@#@#@ caught up with him. Answer me one thing do you see Jon Jones or GSP doing that #@#@#@#@ against opponents. It's ok I already know the answer if anyone ever deserved to get their bell rung it was Anderson Silva. I understand your great bud but at least have a little respect for a guy who is 9-0 and people feel is a little more then a +175 underdog to you. That's the lowest in like 5 or 6 years if you can't have respect for him then who can you really have respect for. He's been one of the most classless fighters for a long time and I don't care what anyone says. It's fine and dandy to have respect for a guy after a fighter when you know you already won. It's another thing to respect everyone you fight!!!!!
gamer4l1fe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 01:55 AM   #45 (permalink)

And furthermore to all the people making excuses for Silva, would you be saying any of that #@#@#@#@ if he won? No you would be saying bring on the next guy, hell even Jones who would elbow a hole in his face for real. There's no doubt in my mind!
Old 07-07-2013, 02:05 AM   #46 (permalink)

i think the people that got cheated were the fans.

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 02:19 AM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarka3 View Post
i think the people that got cheated were the fans.
I'd pay $54.99 ALL DAY to see Silva get KTFO while clowning. I don't feel cheated at all.
Old 07-07-2013, 02:59 AM   #48 (permalink)

Me neither I threw my body 20 bucks on the fight. Usually myself, my other friend and him split fights and I feel like with that card I got more then my fair share of value out of my 20 bucks even before the main event. I feel like Silva being punished for his own stupidity was a bonus on top of the 20 honestly and made my night. I have respect for what he did, but over the years the disrespect for fighters and wanting to show guys up really weighed on me. I always said if your that good that just finish the fight and stop trying to be a douche.
Old 07-07-2013, 03:01 AM   #49 (permalink)

On the hobby side of it I really wish I had me a Weidman Auto. Especially considering I have 2 or 3 Silva autos!!!
Old 07-07-2013, 03:05 AM   #50 (permalink)

im so angry about that main event . how can he go to sleep at night and not be upset at himself ? he disrespected the sport , the fans , the guy he was fighting , etc.etc. if he didnt want to fight anymore then just hand over the belt instead of making a fool of yourself .

so he isnt retiring ? so i guess the superfights are coming up next ? i guess he just doesnt care. i know if i los in that fashion i would want the re match to redeem myself . i dont know what to say ....... how can a silva fan still say he's a fan after that ?
mma138 is offline   Reply With Quote