Blowout Cards Forums
Super Break

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > MMA - Mixed Martial Arts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2013, 05:13 AM   #51 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenAndKylesCard View Post
HAHAHAHA to all the people that thought like this.
Cause I'm sure you predicted this fight and how it would end right? Easy to laugh AFTER the fight. DOII
Cubs_rock21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 05:51 AM   #52 (permalink)

People don't realize that if Anderson had slipped that last punch and countered with a KO, we would be hearing people talk about how he's a super hero etc. etc. He finally got caught playing around but remember that those silly risks he takes are what make him so much fun to watch in the first place.

Weidman almost go Bonnar'd in the first round but he refused to engage when Anderson wasn't willing to reciprocate. That was very intelligent on his part, and likely the key to not getting clipped like so many others have. I give all credit and respect to Weidman.
YakuzaShoeii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 09:59 AM   #53 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to fm8418

I believe he threw the fight, but not in the usual way. I think he's been trying to lose for awhile but he's been so good that he's still won. I give Weidman all the credit to for still solving the puzzle.
fm8418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 10:53 AM   #54 (permalink)

This was not the usuall Anderson silva. This fight looked sloppy and a chance to get out. I just can't see this as being a legit fight. Someone earlier said Dana bought that. Is it that too farfetched.
pickle86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 11:35 AM   #55 (permalink)

Silvas heart was not in this fight. Hes been the champ for a long time and it became a burden for him to hold the belt. Weidman took advantage of it and capitalized. I think Silva may drop weight classes and try and capture another belt. Regardless of this loss IMHO he is still the GOAT.
DKfxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 11:40 AM   #56 (permalink)
Banned

He's getting older...why drop weight classes, I expect him to bulk up and fight JJ next after Weidman rematch
Srt42004n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 12:19 PM   #57 (permalink)

Anderson showboats in every fight he didn't look any different last night. Weidman actually impressed in the first round he got Anderson down pretty quick and was landing hard shots till he went for the heel hook. That was smart since Anderson has been beaten by heel hooks in the past. The difference in this fight from all the others is that Weidman kept his composure when Anderson started taunting and didn't make any mistakes. I noticed Anderson was taunting more than usual even more than the Maia fight. I really think Anderson underestimated Weidmans striking probably because Weidman doesn't have many fights and is known more for his wrestling credentials. Also Ive noticed when Anderson fights someone he doesn't feel is worthy he goes over the top and starts to taunt his opponents (Cote,Leites,Maia,). He also starts doing impersonations of other fighters last night he did a little Ali maybe because RJJ was there. Anyways Weidman had great defense he blocked every head kick Anderson threw even moved quick when Anderson attempted that flying knee. The KO was Anderson doing the same move he did against Forest or the matrix as some call it. This time Anderson looked like he was closer than usual while he was doing that. Which was why Weidman caught him but Weidman also tricked him by doubling up on the right forcing Anderson to go to his right and straight into Weidmans left hook. People saying this fight was fixed because of the KO are dumb Anderson never saw that punch coming that's why it hurt him so bad. Even after the fight people still underestimate Weidman and don't give him his props but I think hes going to be a champ for a while. Anderson doesn't really look like he lost a step but I always thought this was a bad match up for him and on top of that he underestimated his opponent.
Nick Diaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 01:26 PM   #58 (permalink)
Banned

Seems like it was rigged for him to exit the sport and spawn a new champ

Or a possible HUGE rematch PPV

Follow the money
Razorsharp79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 01:50 PM   #59 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubs_rock21 View Post
Cause I'm sure you predicted this fight and how it would end right? Easy to laugh AFTER the fight. DOII
I never said I predicted the winner. I just HAHAHAHAHA to all the people who thought like that. Don't assume anything it just makes you look like a tool. Hows your Cubs doing? An the way to the World... oh yea wait...

Last edited by JenAndKylesCard; 07-07-2013 at 01:52 PM.
JenAndKylesCard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 01:59 PM   #60 (permalink)

This reaction is so annoying to me....Silva did the same stuff he has done in numerous WINS and people call him the matrix and immortal and not human....he does it last night and gets SMASHED and ppl say the fight was fixed and he threw the fight and blah blah....gimme a break....he was taunting so bad cuz he knew on the ground he would get owned....so he wanted to stay standing believing Weidman couldn't touch him....he was wrong....the post fight means nothing....no interview this guy ever gives is any different....its the same scripted
answers he always gives...no matter what rogan/helwani/anyone asks him he just replies with same garbage and ddoesn't ever actually answer the questions.

he got what he deserved...
jstasyk1121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 03:12 PM   #61 (permalink)

Not that he threw the fight intentionally. You say it's foolish to listen to anything Anderson says well I say it's foolish to think a trained fighter like him underestimates anyone he fights.
Old 07-07-2013, 04:35 PM   #62 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorsharp79 View Post

Follow the money
But the money was in a Silva vs. GSP or Silva vs. Jones Superfight. Who knows if either of those happen now.

I personally have no desire to see either of those fights. I really think that Jones pretty much walks through Silva. I think Jones would take him down and have his way with him leading to a TKO.

I know it doesn't mean much now that he lost but I always thought Silva was a bit overrated. I don't think the MW class has been that solid of Silva's run. Outside of Henderson, Vitor and maybe Franklin he fought a bunch of solid guys but nobody else that will go down as a great fighter. Guys like Irvin, Leites, Cote, Okami, Bonnar, Lutter and Maia are solid but not much more than gatekeepers. Even Sonnen is horribly overrated. If he didn't talk he'd be fighting on Prelims or barely getting onto the main card. He's talked his way into a lot of big fights and he's then proceeded to lose them all.
Old 07-07-2013, 04:41 PM   #63 (permalink)

There will be no rematch. Silva said he didn't want one.
Old 07-07-2013, 04:41 PM   #64 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorsharp79 View Post

Follow the money
Your joking right? A super fight with 2 champions would be 5x bigger then a rematch of this fight. Also I think IF Silva threw the fight then it was because he just signed a 10 fight contract and will make 600k to just show up. With that being said after fighting "top" competition for so long I think he wants easy less pressure fights for the same big $.

And LOL at the Silva supporters , you act like he never spit in the eye of the sport before this fight. Sorry you saw that as something other then disrespectful
imbaked247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 06:29 PM   #65 (permalink)

He does the same stupid move against Griffin and he's the best thing since sliced bread!!! He goes for it against Weidman and gets his bell rung and oh no the almighty Anderson Silva must of thrown the fight. Do people forget he had 4 losses before this one. He's not immortal get over yourselves already with the fixed fight #@#@#@#@ and take it like a man and stop making every excuse under the sun for the guy!!!
gamer4l1fe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 06:31 PM   #66 (permalink)

Silva will not fight GSP because GSP does not want to. GSP has said a hundred times that he will not fight Silva. He is happy with defending his belt against guys he knows he can beat. GSP does not want to risk loosing what respect he thinks he has. Now jon jones might fight Silva, especially now that we see Silva can be beat. Jones will jump all over this fight. He wants to dominate Silva and make himself look good.
sjim8660 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 09:35 PM   #67 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamer4l1fe View Post
He does the same stupid move against Griffin and he's the best thing since sliced bread!!! He goes for it against Weidman and gets his bell rung and oh no the almighty Anderson Silva must of thrown the fight. Do people forget he had 4 losses before this one. He's not immortal get over yourselves already with the fixed fight #@#@#@#@ and take it like a man and stop making every excuse under the sun for the guy!!!
it's not excuses, his carelessness to me is throwing a fight. His words before the fight were" my perfect fight is chris weidman winning"

Weidman won and is awesome, but I hope a rematch comes together
Old 07-07-2013, 10:40 PM   #68 (permalink)

Bottom line is who is he gonna fight?? Like it or not he's still beat everybody in the weightclass up till now. He don't wanna rematch he said he's not fighting for the belt anymore. A fight between him and GSP or him and Jones will still sell more tickets then any other fight. Even though he already said he don't think he could beat Jones. If GSP loses to Hendricks i think it's very much a reality it will happen between those 2. To the person that said he had 4 loses before last night so why is not realistic to think he's unbeatable. Look at the stats his last loss 7 years ago to Okami he lost by DQ before that 2004 to Ryo Chonan by a flying heel hook (the most awesome sub i've seen in mma history) so yes he had lost but, not in a long time and to opponents he would prob. destroy now.

My Bucket
http://s11.photobucket.com/albums/a193/SAbbott/
UFC Rulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 11:44 PM   #69 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjim8660 View Post
Silva will not fight GSP because GSP does not want to. GSP has said a hundred times that he will not fight Silva. He is happy with defending his belt against guys he knows he can beat. GSP does not want to risk loosing what respect he thinks he has. Now jon jones might fight Silva, especially now that we see Silva can be beat. Jones will jump all over this fight. He wants to dominate Silva and make himself look good.
GSP also doesn't want Silva because he is much bigger. Same reason Silva probably doesn't want Jon Jones. Jones is just a ton bigger than Silva. If Jones takes him down, its over.

I love watching Silva. He may mess around but he usually finishes fights, unlike GSP. GSP has 5 or 6 decisions in a row. He doesn't fight to finish, he fights just to defend his title.
jr24ai3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 01:29 AM   #70 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr24ai3 View Post
GSP also doesn't want Silva because he is much bigger. Same reason Silva probably doesn't want Jon Jones. Jones is just a ton bigger than Silva. If Jones takes him down, its over.

I love watching Silva. He may mess around but he usually finishes fights, unlike GSP. GSP has 5 or 6 decisions in a row. He doesn't fight to finish, he fights just to defend his title.
Nothing wrong with that. I enjoy a GSP fight, I want to see him lose but marvel at his dominance
Old 07-08-2013, 04:21 AM   #71 (permalink)

How come nobody questions that if it was fixed/thrown, why wouldn't Anderson have tapped to the kneebar/heel hook instead of getting KTFO? I remember when people were saying Ken Shamrock threw the fight to Rich Franklin on a KO loss. Never makes sense to me...I would think a fighter would prefer a submission loss to a bad KO...
YakuzaShoeii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 04:30 AM   #72 (permalink)

it's whatever... Silva wasn't even trying.

When he wants to absolutely wreck this Weidman guy, he will.

Just wait for the rematch.. might not be soon, but it will happen.

Anderson is the best in the world. He got caught but it's whatever because he wile be back.

Allen Iverson, Lebron James Game Used & 2004-05 Upper Deck Basketball (Anything for my set)
Nyfancam01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 09:05 AM   #73 (permalink)

This is just my opinion but i think anderson has been bored...if you look at his first few ufc fights..there was no clowning,just a killer instinct..as his title fights progressed and he dispatched his opponents with ease he started to clown as he felt the challenge wasnt there...very disrespectful imo....the only question is if anderson can re dedicate himself to mma cause i think if he did..no one would touch him..ask leben about an aggresive motivated silva...we just havent seen the real anderson in years!
mickdapug is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 12:06 PM   #74 (permalink)

I'd much rather hear bored then the fixed fight crap that's for sure! I think he's getting a little too old to be really all that motivated anymore. He's really got nothing left to prove honestly.
gamer4l1fe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 12:44 PM   #75 (permalink)

To get off topic a bit did anyone watch Barboza on the Prelims?? 2nd round stoppage due to leg kicks. I don't even want to think about what the guys leg looks like now, a couple days after the fight. I'm always shocked there aren't more guys that utilize leg kicks. Oliveira was limping by the end of the first and couldn't even stand.