Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > MMA - Mixed Martial Arts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2013, 01:30 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Jon Jones RD 2 Auto LOT!!

Just got these in the mail . I remember when these used to go for $125+ easy. Now they have dropped in the $65-85 range. As long as he keeps winning I think the value will rise again.

Last edited by DKfxr; 07-19-2013 at 02:35 PM.
DKfxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 03:15 PM   #2 (permalink)

Nice collection.

But I disagree with the value rising again.

One thing that appears to reflective across the board with cards is that the value eventually peaks and there is no where to go but down. It happens with every sport and every player.

Jones has already reached the heights of the sport. Minus a superfight with Silva, I dont think theres as much interest in seeing him fight.

Although the champion, hes generally not well liked by the public.

Add into the fact that there has to be at least 1000 and maybe even 1500 -2000 of his RD 2 autos.

Maybe interest rises with a move to HW? Who knows but I dont see an almost 100% increase in prices!

I sold the 2 I had at $130 and $125 because of the reasons above.

At the same if you can pick them up for $60 when hes not fighting and move them for $85 everytime he fights (assuming he wins), thats not a bad flip!
Old 07-19-2013, 04:28 PM   #3 (permalink)

Not looking to flip them anytime soon. in a Bones fan and I don't see him losing any time soon.
Old 07-19-2013, 04:46 PM   #4 (permalink)

one of these does not appear the same as the others! lol...and i think it could go up...it is his 1st auto...over-produced im sure...but still...
jstasyk1121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 04:58 PM   #5 (permalink)

Nice, did you buy them all from one seller. I have #25 for me coming in tomorrow, and #26 should be here Monday. Then the next two purchases will be the Silva red ink rd 1 and a Jones red ink rd 2.
twoten01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 05:03 PM   #6 (permalink)

Nice! I think if he wins a superfight with Silva, they could move upward. It is his first auto.
Old 07-20-2013, 03:02 PM   #7 (permalink)

Man they must have produced a ton of these... very nice! Although I can't see them really going up... to me it seems that all UFC cards are continually going down, down down... (unless your name is Chris Weidman lol)
Yaga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 05:26 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaga View Post
Man they must have produced a ton of these... very nice! Although I can't see them really going up... to me it seems that all UFC cards are continually going down, down down... (unless your name is Chris Weidman lol)
There is around 1,000 blue autos. And most cards are going down right now, great time to buy. And don't worry Weidman cards will drop again in December.
Old 07-20-2013, 08:44 PM   #9 (permalink)

I'm just curious why you would want so many of the exact same card quite honestly. If it's for flipping purposes then I understand, but strictly for collecting purposes I never understood having more then one of any given card. Like if I pack pulled an auto of anyone even Jon Jones I had already I would decide which was in better shape and move the other one.
gamer4l1fe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 08:59 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamer4l1fe View Post
I'm just curious why you would want so many of the exact same card quite honestly. If it's for flipping purposes then I understand, but strictly for collecting purposes I never understood having more then one of any given card. Like if I pack pulled an auto of anyone even Jon Jones I had already I would decide which was in better shape and move the other one.
Me personally they are for investment only. I PC Joe Lauzon, and buy only 1 of each of his card.

For certain fighters I try and buy as many rc autos as I can. There is another auto where there is around 200-300 and I have over 50 of them.

I bought at least 40 Jones autos when rd 2 first came out, for less than $20 a piece and sold them all at $80 a piece. There are 2 or 3 other fighters I am planning on doing this with as well.
Old 07-20-2013, 09:01 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:

It's his 1st auto or rookie card. I collect RG3 as well. If I could afford 18 of his rookie autos from any single release I would buy them in a heartbeat. Although, I think Jones has the best chance of all the current champs of making the longest run. If his value rises I would flip a couple, but if they don't I'm content with keeping the cards.
Old 07-20-2013, 09:04 PM   #12 (permalink)

I remember when Weidman rookie autos were going for $8 or so. Now they are going for $40+. Imagine if he beats Silva in the rematch.
Old 07-20-2013, 09:08 PM   #13 (permalink)

Yeah I bought a few of the Weidman gold autos for $25-35, I sold them for $100 or so a piece. Wish I held out a little longer, but I didn't think he could pull off the upset.
Old 07-20-2013, 09:18 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoten01 View Post
Yeah I bought a few of the Weidman gold autos for $25-35, I sold them for $100 or so a piece. Wish I held out a little longer, but I didn't think he could pull off the upset.
Damn, nice job. I bought my couple weidman golds for about $100 or so. I don't think his 1/1 red parallel 1st auto from finest has been pulled. That is easily a $1200+ card
Old 07-20-2013, 09:19 PM   #15 (permalink)

I thought someone over on buymmacards has it, but not 100% sure.
Old 07-20-2013, 09:30 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Very true, who in their right mind would buy all the same cards??
Only need 3 more of the red inks to have all 15 !

Old 07-21-2013, 04:45 PM   #17 (permalink)

That's a crazy Cung Le collection. I mean I guess if the price is right the price is right so to speak. I wish I could've got my hands on one of those Bones RC autos before he blew up, but I did just buy the National Pride auto of his numbered out of 60 which books for more then the RC auto for around like 70 bucks. So that was a pretty great deal in my estimation. I guess I don't know the right suckers who sell their stuff off for next to nothing LOL!!!
Old 07-21-2013, 05:12 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
That's a crazy Cung Le collection. I mean I guess if the price is right the price is right so to speak. I wish I could've got my hands on one of those Bones RC autos before he blew up, but I did just buy the National Pride auto of his numbered out of 60 which books for more then the RC auto for around like 70 bucks. So that was a pretty great deal in my estimation. I guess I don't know the right suckers who sell their stuff off for next to nothing LOL!!!
Next big things in LHW go for a premium now. Gustaffson, Cormier (could switch) and Teixeira SP autos (ruby/red inks) are already steep.

I'm looking forward to TJ Grant and Cat Zingano autos
Old 07-21-2013, 06:40 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
The key is buying early, I bought over 20 Jones autos in the first week of rd 2 release, while most MMA collectors were looking for the Lesnar, GSP and Silva autos.
Same with Weidman I bought all of his Finest stuff within a week of release. I owned 16 out of the 88 gold base cards. I paid no more than 5.00 shipped for any of them.(most were $.99 with $2.00) Any sold them all off for between $15 to $20.
Old 07-21-2013, 07:43 PM   #20 (permalink)

yeah when UFC round 1 and 2 came out I wasn't really collecting much at the time and I was only collecting a little bit of basketball here and there so I missed out on all of that stuff. Plus honestly until Round 4 I didn't even know there were UFC cards lol! I was riding the Bones bandwagon long before he became champ. I don't see him losing the title for a long time unless something really nutty happens.
Old 09-22-2013, 08:59 PM   #21 (permalink)

Picked mine up for $72 other day. Not a bad deal IMO. PC item anyways!

Cancer Sucks, Keep my sister in your prayers!
Trojan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 08:30 AM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan4Life View Post
Picked mine up for $72 other day. Not a bad deal IMO. PC item anyways!
When Jones won the belt, they were going for $125-150 easy.
Old 09-23-2013, 12:06 PM   #23 (permalink)

im still curious about the one auto shown that is almost 100% signed by someone not named Jon Jones...no one else find this strange? that he has NEVER signed a card that way that i have seen...wonder who signed that one then??
jstasyk1121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 06:00 PM   #24 (permalink)

Jon Jones seems to be more popular with MMA fans than MMA collectors. For such a superstar with both a proven resume record and future potential, his jersey and auto cards are relatively cheap right now, and he's no hidden secret. It seems the hobby cares less about him and the supply is greater than the demand.

Ronda Rousey outsells Jon Jones, to that point, even Miesha Tate could/would, amongst card collectors.

I do think eventually he'll gain hobby respect 'tho, so see there is room for growth as an investment despite him far from being a prospect or hidden secret within the hobby and sport.
Stat Monsters is offline   Reply With Quote