Blowout Cards Forums
Holiday Madness

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > MMA - Mixed Martial Arts

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2013, 11:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: las vegas
Posts: 3,745
Default cain vs bones...who wins????

thats a fight i want to see..
what do u think the line would be?
__________________
http://s241.photobucket.com/albums/ff76/maxdaaxejd/

i collect basketball patch cards..
bettydaw1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 11:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 17,754
Default

Will never happen...Cain would out muscle Bones..if he could catch him.
Srt42004n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 12:33 AM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,932
Default

Will never happen? Jon Jones has already said Gustaffson, maybe Glover Teixeira and then he wants to move to heavyweight.

So if Cain is still champ, chances are it WILL happen.
Bryanjs14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 12:42 AM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: las vegas
Posts: 3,745
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanjs14 View Post
Will never happen? Jon Jones has already said Gustaffson, maybe Glover Teixeira and then he wants to move to heavyweight.

So if Cain is still champ, chances are it WILL happen.
hey dont let the facts get in the way of someones errant opinion
__________________
http://s241.photobucket.com/albums/ff76/maxdaaxejd/

i collect basketball patch cards..
bettydaw1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 11:11 AM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,932
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettydaw1970 View Post
hey dont let the facts get in the way of someones errant opinion
LOL
Bryanjs14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 12:35 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 670
Default

I think it definitely happens at some point. I'd be surprised if Jones isn't moved up to HW by the end of next year. They are both reasonably young so even if it takes Jones 2 or 3 years to move up I still think they are both relevant that the fight would happen.

It will be interesting to see how Jones bulks up as a HW. I know he usually walks around at 230ish but it would be interesting to see if he trys to get up into the 250's if he's going to stay at HW. Jones looks pretty close to unbeatable at the moment and I'm not sure if a jump up in weight class would do anything to change that.
__________________
Looking for any and all Michael Clayton LCM cards
MC80_LCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 07:09 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 2,838
Default

if cain keeps the belt past jds this time I don't see any heavyweight left to even compete...cormier is moving down to lhw after this next fight...so I bet its cormier vs bones and if bones wins what other option does he have but to move up
jerryw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 08:19 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,649
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryw View Post
if cain keeps the belt past jds this time I don't see any heavyweight left to even compete...cormier is moving down to lhw after this next fight...so I bet its cormier vs bones and if bones wins what other option does he have but to move up
he has the option to stay at the normal weight he fights at and continue to defend his belt...i never understood people wanting him to move up to hw. Why should he have to fight in a different weight class when he makes weight just fine at 205? Tell cain to drop to lhw than.
8lakers24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 11:02 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 965
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8lakers24 View Post
he has the option to stay at the normal weight he fights at and continue to defend his belt...i never understood people wanting him to move up to hw. Why should he have to fight in a different weight class when he makes weight just fine at 205? Tell cain to drop to lhw than.
well he could make weight at 185 too, doesn't mean he should fight there either. He needs a true nutritionist to help put some mass on his frame(espciallly his legs), and he would be able to weigh in at 235-245 with just as good if not better cardio than he has now. Either weigh though at 207 or 235-245 he would be Cain at HW.
twoten01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 02:36 AM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 2,838
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8lakers24 View Post
he has the option to stay at the normal weight he fights at and continue to defend his belt...i never understood people wanting him to move up to hw. Why should he have to fight in a different weight class when he makes weight just fine at 205? Tell cain to drop to lhw than.


ummm he doesn't have to..but anyone who has cut weight knows the older you get the harder it is and with heavyweight he wouldn't need to cut anything..and jones is about legacy..what would be better for his ego then conquering the lhw division...that's right conquring the heavyweight division as well...and jones himself said hes moving to heavyweight very soon so its not like we are speculating on the move
jerryw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 01:09 PM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Celina, OH
Posts: 156
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanjs14 View Post
Will never happen? Jon Jones has already said Gustaffson, maybe Glover Teixeira and then he wants to move to heavyweight.

So if Cain is still champ, chances are it WILL happen.
Jones wouldn't do all that well against guys like Barnett or JDS. I doubt if he jumped up they'd go right into a superfight with him and Cain.
wakigatame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 04:07 PM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 2,838
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakigatame View Post
Jones wouldn't do all that well against guys like Barnett or JDS. I doubt if he jumped up they'd go right into a superfight with him and Cain.
if he relinquishes the title and moves up id bet every thing I owned it would be jones decision if he wanted a warm up fight at heavyweight or cain right away...I personally think he would be foolish to want a shot right away until he got the feel for the power of the heavyweights and until he becomes acclimated with throwing 240-260 pound dudes and not 205 pound dudes it would be a culture shock I think
jerryw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 10:03 PM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
screamingdc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Washington
Posts: 1,997
Default

as great as his takedown defense and diverse striking is, i can't see Bones doing well against Cain. if he gained weight the right way and added some bulk to his frame and got a feel for taking big shots from a true heavyweight, then it might be closer. Jon Jones is an amazing fighter, but you don't just jump into the heavyweight division from 205 and dominate. he'd probably be able to beat guys like Struve, but i have a hard time seeing him do well against someone like Cain.
__________________
Huh?
screamingdc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 01:05 AM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
grimmyag2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 59
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srt42004n View Post
Will never happen...Cain would out muscle Bones..if he could catch him.
Boomo is that you?

I agree that cain would be stronger than bones in their fight but jon has wicked reach and very pin point lazer beam striking ALA Spider Silva
__________________
http://s957.beta.photobucket.com/user/grimmyag2/library/
grimmyag2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 01:49 AM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: las vegas
Posts: 3,745
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoten01 View Post
well he could make weight at 185 too, doesn't mean he should fight there either. He needs a true nutritionist to help put some mass on his frame(espciallly his legs), and he would be able to weigh in at 235-245 with just as good if not better cardio than he has now. Either weigh though at 207 or 235-245 he would be Cain at HW.
bones would never fight at 185 he is too big....yea thats it.. a nutritionist..that will make his legs bigger....ever hear of genetics?

the reason bones need to fight cain, is because he has a chance to be the greatest of all time, a win like that would solidafy it..
__________________
http://s241.photobucket.com/albums/ff76/maxdaaxejd/

i collect basketball patch cards..
bettydaw1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 01:49 AM   #16 (permalink)
Member
 
Ty Hope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,148
Default

I personally think Barnett will be holding the belt before then. And Barnett would be a nightmare match for Jones.
Ty Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 09:52 AM   #17 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 965
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettydaw1970 View Post
bones would never fight at 185 he is too big....yea thats it.. a nutritionist..that will make his legs bigger....ever hear of genetics?

the reason bones need to fight cain, is because he has a chance to be the greatest of all time, a win like that would solidafy it..
A Nutrionist and the right team in the gym( and that is not Greg"Snakeoil Salesman" Jackson), he can absolutely increase the size and strength of his legs. Ever hear of body builders? I added over an inch to each of my calf muscles in less than 3 months training. And Nutrition, was a huge part of it.

Genetics are what the lazy use as a crutch to not work to their fullest potential.(Let me guess you are too big boned to have six pack abs) With the right amount of time, and the right meal and workout plan. Jon could fight in any weight class from HW down to WW. And so could most fighters. But very few fighters are maximizing their potential through nutrition, the way they should.
twoten01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 09:38 AM   #18 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: las vegas
Posts: 3,745
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoten01 View Post
A Nutrionist and the right team in the gym( and that is not Greg"Snakeoil Salesman" Jackson), he can absolutely increase the size and strength of his legs. Ever hear of body builders? I added over an inch to each of my calf muscles in less than 3 months training. And Nutrition, was a huge part of it.

Genetics are what the lazy use as a crutch to not work to their fullest potential.(Let me guess you are too big boned to have six pack abs) With the right amount of time, and the right meal and workout plan. Jon could fight in any weight class from HW down to WW. And so could most fighters. But very few fighters are maximizing their potential through nutrition, the way they should.
how old are you?
six pack abs=striations..u can lose weight if u have em and make em show up, but if u dont have the genetic striations, you wont have em..

nutrition=snake oiil...not greg jackson...
__________________
http://s241.photobucket.com/albums/ff76/maxdaaxejd/

i collect basketball patch cards..
bettydaw1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.