Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > MMA - Mixed Martial Arts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2013, 02:52 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Miesha Tate Jumbo Threads Superfractor from 2013 Finest

Seeing as how she's a coach on the ultimate fighter, I was debating whether it was worth holding onto or unloading at the end? What's your opinion I don't see much 1/1 stuff of hers.
Old 09-16-2013, 04:49 PM   #2 (permalink)

That's a tough one. Do you put it up now and field offers, while she's getting weekly exposure from the show? Do you get better offers by waiting until the day of, or maybe a day or two before their big showdown? And if you do get a great offer then, do they pay if Tate loses? And if she does lose, how much lower, if any, will the offers be afterwards? Either way, you want to be careful that you don't leave too much money on the table, but you still want to make sure it sells.

It would probably drive me crazy trying to figure that one out. Personally, I'd give up and throw it on eBay with a 99 cent staring price, and see where it ends up at, but then again, I am not known for my business sense. So, if I were you, I probably wouldn't do that.

I am a network admin. If you see me laughing, pray you have a recent backup.
Deathgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 07:51 PM   #3 (permalink)

I think the best time to sell it is right before her fight with Ronda Rousey (I thought I heard it's in December possibly), have the auction end about the day or 2 after the fight.

This way, you'll capture the "what if" hype of bids before the fight if people thinks she'll win the match.

If she loses, you'll have certain bid levels locked in.

And if she wins, you'll benefit from the huge hype of the new champion with the auction closing after the fight.

You'll get the most "impulse" buyers who buy off of the media (news) hype as well if it's for auction around the fight.

Even if she loses the fight, it's not junk, so she has a solid fan base.

I'd refrain from taking offers and just roll the dice and let the marketplace dictate what you can sell it for and let the bidding war commence rather than risk having some profiteering buyer negotiate you down and replicate the sales plan above, only to make you feel that money could have been yours if it goes higher than imagination.

I'd also refrain from the $.99 listings, where in one breath, you get active bidders, in another it's a very slow climb to where you want it to be. I personally hate "penny auctions" for some reason as a seller and as a buyer.

You'd be best putting a starting bid around the prices you've been offered for the card or if there's any historical precedent to 1/1 sales of her cards. Then to motivate somebody to bid and not have so many "watchers" looking at it hoping it won't get bid on so you'll lower your price or take their subsequent offers, you'd put a "Buy it Now" price at a somewhat unreasonable number high enough where you'd be very happy, but low enough where it's not insane.

Last edited by Stat Monsters; 09-16-2013 at 07:54 PM.
Stat Monsters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 07:50 PM   #4 (permalink)

I would list it now at a high buy-it-now, and field offers. Give yourself a bigger window of opportunity to sell. Let's see the pics!
enyouartist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 09:26 AM   #5 (permalink)

If you honestly believe she can/will beat Rhonda then have the auction end after their fight, I know it's MMA and anything can happen and as much as I want to see Rhonda knocked down a peg I don't think Miesha is going to dethrone her. I would ride the TUF hype train up to about a week before the fight and have it paid for and shipped before the outcome of the fight to avoid nonpaying bidders.
*Need Tomlinson /31 auto 2013 Supreme for rainbow*
imbaked247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 10:20 AM   #6 (permalink)

Definitely agree. Get it posted/listed now for offers and sell before the fight. I do think Rhonda will beat her again.

http://s821.photobucket.com/albums/zz138/tnj0426/
tnj0426 is offline   Reply With Quote