Blowout Cards Forums
This Just In

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > MMA - Mixed Martial Arts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2013, 06:04 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default 2013 Topps UFC Bloodlines Releases Tomorrow

Saw this was coming out tomorrow, anyone planning on getting any or is everyone getting burned out on UFC products? I myself am getting a bit burned out but I'm always down for a box or two of any new UFC product. I like last year's edition so hopefully this year's will deliver too. Any thoughts?
Brobocop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 10:21 PM   #2 (permalink)

Seen some early breaks. A lot of 1st time signers (although they are now not #'d). 4 sketch artists this time around. Conor autos will sell like crazy.
twoten01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 10:36 PM   #3 (permalink)

The breaks I have seen are boring. So sick of stupid parallels that have no value, and mat cards that are equally worthless.
Frankp2311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 12:52 AM   #4 (permalink)

They need a panties event used set featuring Ronda Rousey.

Chances are I would buy a case and hit a Chris Cyborg version that had a Hanes his way tag....yeah, no thanks.
thetheham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 01:29 AM   #5 (permalink)

After opening a few boxes of this, and doing fairly okay, I do believe that Topps has to do something to change up how they produce UFC cards. Mat relics have got to go. Manufactured relics have to go. And small little pieces of shirts have to go. I think in the end Topps has to really refocus on what they are bringing to market as far as UFC goes. I think they should drop Finest and go with Chrome instead. Get bigger name fighters and rookies per se, and have one to two autographs per box, no relics. Have color parallels in it like other Chrome products to help increase value. I would also keep doing Knockout with how they are doing it since that product seems to do well every year. And I'd bring back their base product, wider range of autograph signers with one to two autographs per box as well. You do the three releases year in, and year out, and you might be able to get a following from having a smaller, more focused, UFC brand.
Old 12-14-2013, 09:24 AM   #6 (permalink)

Every ufc release looks the same now!!!

They need more on card autos and less of these relics that look exactly the same in every release.
Yaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 12:15 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brobocop View Post
After opening a few boxes of this, and doing fairly okay, I do believe that Topps has to do something to change up how they produce UFC cards. Mat relics have got to go. Manufactured relics have to go. And small little pieces of shirts have to go. I think in the end Topps has to really refocus on what they are bringing to market as far as UFC goes. I think they should drop Finest and go with Chrome instead. Get bigger name fighters and rookies per se, and have one to two autographs per box, no relics. Have color parallels in it like other Chrome products to help increase value. I would also keep doing Knockout with how they are doing it since that product seems to do well every year. And I'd bring back their base product, wider range of autograph signers with one to two autographs per box as well. You do the three releases year in, and year out, and you might be able to get a following from having a smaller, more focused, UFC brand.
I'm completely with you on this although Finest/Chrome is a wash for me so perhaps sticking with Finest for continuity sake would be a better idea. My favorite UFC products have been Knockout and the lower tier releases. All these semi-premium offerings are just watering down the secondary market.
Old 12-14-2013, 12:50 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Jones View Post
I'm completely with you on this although Finest/Chrome is a wash for me so perhaps sticking with Finest for continuity sake would be a better idea. My favorite UFC products have been Knockout and the lower tier releases. All these semi-premium offerings are just watering down the secondary market.
I just thought it would be a good move to align their brands in that Chrome is a one-two autograph set with no relic cards in it. For the love of God, get rid of mat relics once and for all. They said they were going to and of course never followed through.