Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > MMA - Mixed Martial Arts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2013, 04:48 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default This guy started lowballing me on UFC, blocked!

Hey Guys,

This guy started lowballing me on a lot of UFC Mat Relics on ebay.

I figured because of his username he wasn't worth dealing with.

lowlife2883

If any of you know differently please let me know. With the $1.00 offer on a $6.00 item with free shipping it puts so many thoughts into my mind of bad transactions.
Hockey PC! Zdeno Chara, Tuukka Rask, Dougie Hamilton
benshobbies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 08:30 AM   #2 (permalink)

well they are for mat relics...which are awful and worthless...so he probably just thought you wanted to get rid of them for anything...sure a low offer...but would $2 have upset you? $3? i mean he didnt offer $1 on a $100 lot...
jstasyk1121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 08:53 AM   #3 (permalink)

Yeah most mat relics only sell in the $1.00 range, your best bet when listing low end like that is, to charge shipping, but combine shipping(with no additonal amount for each card), and they would all sell. I sell every one of my mat or gear relics, to someone, I met on ebay, for $1.00 a piece, and let him deal with all the lowballers.
twoten01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 11:40 AM   #4 (permalink)

I just kindly decline lowball offers. If its ebay, auto-decline.
Ty Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 06:31 PM   #5 (permalink)

I add shipping into the Bin price.

So for a $1.00 card I'd accept an offer of $3.00 or so to cover fees an expenses, usually list the card at $3.95.

Most people fail to see the free shipping thing & think I ship in PWE's. I don't ship in PWE's and I let them know that politely in the counter. Sometimes they counter back.

The funny thing about this guy was his name. Scared me away from completely doing business with him.

Who wants to deal with a low-life. It looked like a second account too as It hasn't been used much.

What I usually do with mat relics is pair them. Base, Blue & Gold Parallels, etc.

Those sell very well. But I don't make anything on ebay that sells for $1.00 free shipping. Need at least a $2.00 sale with shipping on 1 card to make money. I'll accept a $2.00 offer & a subsequent $1.00 offer but you have to cover shipping first.

Most people don't read all the terms.
Hockey PC! Zdeno Chara, Tuukka Rask, Dougie Hamilton
benshobbies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 11:30 PM   #6 (permalink)

i generally list the cheap ones at auction for $0.95 plus shipping. and of course i combined shipping on multiple items.

seems to work ok as i've moved most of my mat relics.
ejs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 05:53 PM   #7 (permalink)

The buyer and the seller are always at odds with conflicting motivations, one wants to sell items for the most, the other wants to pay the least.

Lowballing is a contextually subjective term. I agree with TY HOPE, when setting up auctions, get rid of those "lookie loos" who irritate you and put in the Buy it Now price, and then set up the auto decline at the level you don't want to be bothered with.

As for FREE SHIPPING, it's a poison pill offer for sellers, if you're trying to lure buyers looking for bargains then that's exactly who you'll attract.

Just set up shipping for a standard $3 that will cover 1st class, packaging plus delivery tracking, and you'll be okay. Nobody can debate you're profiteering from that and it's the simple cost of acquisition for any buyer in my opinion. For the seller to assume those expenses coupled by eBay fees, Pay Pal fees, etc. is a bad business model for any seller dealing in low priced items.

I actually would be wary of buying a card for under $3 with free shipping, and have the card sent in a cheap envelope and no protective packaging nor tracking. However, eBay protect the buyers, so in theory, anyone who sells and ships that way can have the transaction disputed and subsequently be a target for easy fraud since there's zero substantiation that would exist from the seller on the fulfillment.
Stat Monsters is offline   Reply With Quote