Blowout Cards Forums
Holiday Madness

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > MMA - Mixed Martial Arts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2014, 10:07 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default UFC 170- Rousey vs McMann

Anyone else gonna watch? Rousey is only a 4/1 favorite this time. When should her fight start tonight? Last PPV was so quick with all the one rounders, expecting a little more from this one. I was thinking 11:00ish central, but don't watch many of their PPVs.
Luke 2:11- Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord
mnvikingstwins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 10:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

I hope McMahon strategy is better than Tates, and try to avoid the armbar at all costs. Cormier should roll through Cummins as well.
ConRyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 11:18 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConRyl View Post
I hope McMahon strategy is better than Tates, and try to avoid the armbar at all costs. Cormier should roll through Cummins as well.
You never know now a days. Guys are so talented that just because they only have a handful of fights it doesn't mean they have the potential to beat anyone. Just think, Weidman only had 4 fights before he made his UFC debut. Cain only had 2 fights and Jones only 6. That being said I know nothing about Cummins other than what I've seen on TV and I have no clue if he has the skills to beat Cormier.
Old 02-22-2014, 11:27 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC80_LCM View Post
You never know now a days. Guys are so talented that just because they only have a handful of fights it doesn't mean they have the potential to beat anyone. Just think, Weidman only had 4 fights before he made his UFC debut. Cain only had 2 fights and Jones only 6. That being said I know nothing about Cummins other than what I've seen on TV and I have no clue if he has the skills to beat Cormier.

The thing is they usually don't step in and fight against arguably the #1 contender for the LHW championship for their debut fight.
Old 02-22-2014, 11:34 PM   #5 (permalink)

How far along the card are they?
Luke 2:11- Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord
Old 02-22-2014, 11:35 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnvikingstwins View Post
How far along the card are they?
4th out of 5 fights

Pyle vs Waldburger
Old 02-22-2014, 11:37 PM   #7 (permalink)

All I'm saying is that you never know anymore. If i'm not mistaken Junior Dos Santos' first fight in the UFC was against Werdum and he knocked him out. Obviously this is a HUGE step up in competition and I fully expect Cormier to handle him. I just think we are at the point in MMA where nobody can be overlooked due to it being their first UFC fight or for any other reason.
Old 02-22-2014, 11:50 PM   #8 (permalink)
Banned

Rooting for cummins and Mcmann
truechampsilva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 11:51 PM   #9 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by truechampsilva View Post
Rooting for cummins and Mcmann
Like underdogs,lol.
Old 02-22-2014, 11:55 PM   #10 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConRyl View Post
Like underdogs,lol.
No not really. Cormier should actually be the underdog in this fight. IMO cummins is going to shock some people tonight. As far as Mcmann, I guess I want her to win because I hate Rousey. Then again, I guess it's nice to have a villian at the top. I guess I don't care who wins that fight.
Old 02-22-2014, 11:59 PM   #11 (permalink)
Banned

Also hoping for a comeback in the career of Maia!
Old 02-23-2014, 12:09 AM   #12 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
No not really. Cormier should actually be the underdog in this fight. IMO cummins is going to shock some people tonight. As far as Mcmann, I guess I want her to win because I hate Rousey. Then again, I guess it's nice to have a villian at the top. I guess I don't care who wins that fight.

Lol, no way should Cormier be the underdog. The UFC thinks the world of him and he is going to get a title shot very soon. Who has Cummins beat to honestly deserve this fight?

I just don't see Rousey loosing, Mcmann has to stand up with her. Tate would have had a lot better chance if she would have done that instead of engaging in a ground game with Rousey.
Old 02-23-2014, 12:11 AM   #13 (permalink)

Rory got destroyed the first 4 minutes. Brazilian dude will back away on one of his high kicks and get him with either a kick to the head or a combo for the knockout.
Old 02-23-2014, 12:16 AM   #14 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Rory got destroyed the first 4 minutes. Brazilian dude will back away on one of his high kicks and get him with either a kick to the head or a combo for the knockout.
Rory is winning the fight right now, Maia is going to have to do something to slow him down.
Old 02-23-2014, 12:17 AM   #15 (permalink)

That round looked like it was between a sober guy and a drunk guy. Maia seemed quite dazed the whole time.
Old 02-23-2014, 12:23 AM   #16 (permalink)

Right around 1:45 seemed like Rory had a wide open knee/kick to the head after a take down. Would have liked to see that one go to 5.
Old 02-23-2014, 12:24 AM   #17 (permalink)

Apparently a fashion statement for Rory with headphones around his neck?
Old 02-23-2014, 12:25 AM   #18 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Right around 1:45 seemed like Rory had a wide open knee/kick to the head after a take down. Would have liked to see that one go to 5.
I agree, it seemed like McDonald could have finished that fight when Maia attempted those takedowns
Old 02-23-2014, 12:33 AM   #19 (permalink)

Sure looks like Cormier can kick this guy's ass.
Old 02-23-2014, 12:40 AM   #20 (permalink)

Cormier looked to be much slower than Cummins but that one wasn't close.
Old 02-23-2014, 12:40 AM   #21 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:

You were saying.......
Old 02-23-2014, 12:43 AM   #22 (permalink)

Pretty sweet watch that Mercedes Lewis had.
Old 02-23-2014, 12:48 AM   #23 (permalink)
Banned

Still think Rousey wins this, would like to see her fight Cyborg. A great stricker who could knock her out quick. Don't think this matchup is great for Mcmann, basically just maching up with Rouseys ground game which I don't think Mcmann is as good.
Old 02-23-2014, 12:58 AM   #24 (permalink)

who's winning?
bigticket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 12:59 AM   #25 (permalink)

Boo. Only a one minute fight.